Chief's 2nd Try: Kindsoil Round 2

From what I was reading they are only $50 each. I will be trying to preorder 2 of them for the flower tent and still get the 60w QB for my veg tent

Can't beat the price thats for damn sure! You're gonna have a nice let set up soon man

Can't beat the price thats for damn sure! You're gonna have a nice let set up soon man
Ya man I hope so. I thought I’d have all this 6 months go. I first went into this thinking I was gonna get a whole set up for like $200 tent, lights and all. Then I realized quickly things start to add up. So I couldn’t get the lights I wanted but I’m glad I waited. I pulled a decent harvest with $45 China lights cant wait to see what comes out of this.

Figured I’d do a update since I watered them yesterday. I ordered my HLG 65 to help cover the Mountain Grapes. I couldn’t wait for the Growmau lights but I’ll be moving this to my veg tent once I can get some Growmau lights.

The Mountain Grapes is just now starting to show a lot more pistols. I think it’s slow because of the amount of light it’s getting but I could be wrong.

The Cookiehoe is doing good trying to nug up. I raised the light about an inch because I saw a couple of the pistols browning. Don’t know the cause of this but I figured I’d pull the lights up just in case.

Disclaimer the plants look sad because they needed water. They look better now.

Quick Update: Everything is moving pretty smoothly the Cookiehoe is going to finish way before the Mountain Grapes. Finally got some good shots of the pistols on the Grapes that I’ll post. I really like the stacking of the plant not under the scrog. I think I will run another with out the scrog next time.

Got home today and I had a package the veg light finally came in. I’m going to use it to finish out the flowering on these ladies until I can get the Beef Logics by Growmau lol. Well opening my package was like a kid at a candy shop lol. The canopy is now fully covered I was turning the Mountain Grapes every day to let it get equal light but now I can leave it and that’s the best part lol.

Hey guys things are moving nicely here. Thought I’d show you what I did. So Wednesday was watering day and I did a bunch of defoliation on the Cookiehoe,I was kind of scared lol. After cutting all the fan leaves off the plant was looking super sad. I was so scared I just messed up months of work. But a few hours later it bounced back maybe it was just needing water idk. But we are back in business!

The Mountain Grapes is throwing tons of more pistols since the light has been added its coming along nicely also.

Hey bud....gonna pull up a seat for this one. Grew in kind soil my first grow and pulled just under a pound. Top notch buds too. Make my own soil now....but kind soil is some top notch stuff.

Are you having to use a humidifier to keep in the 40s? You must live in quite a dry place!

That Cookiehoe is really filling out the screen. She can wait.

Hey! Positive thinking brother! No male plants allowed!
I have to use 2 humidifiers in my 4x4 tent to hit the 50s in RH. Winter sucks for a lot of us.

Hey bud....gonna pull up a seat for this one. Grew in kind soil my first grow and pulled just under a pound. Top notch buds too. Make my own soil now....but kind soil is some top notch stuff.

I was thinking about making my own soil but I think I might move again in like September. If I move I don’t want to be moving soil also lol. So I might wait idk. But ya Kindsoil is a blessing for me but eventually I want to do No-til

Yeah its not nearly as difficult as people think. The thing that tricky about it is that deficiencies take a little longer to show up generally and then the fix to those deficiencies can take a little longer than other grow types. But once you get your soil recipe dialed in....its so damn simple and so damn tasty!!

Looking awesome! Excited to see how your girls like the new light.

Building up your own soil is a blast, has also turned out to be super easy.

Good stuff to come man!
Yeah its not nearly as difficult as people think. The thing that tricky about it is that deficiencies take a little longer to show up generally and then the fix to those deficiencies can take a little longer than other grow types. But once you get your soil recipe dialed in....its so damn simple and so damn tasty!!

Thanks guys been doing tons of research on soil life and stuff. It doesn’t seem to be too hard to get started. I think I might make my own super soil for my next grow. I’ve only seen recipes for 50 gallon of soil that’s too much. Are there any recipes to make a small batch like enough for like 3-4 5 gallons?

Thanks guys been doing tons of research on soil life and stuff. It doesn’t seem to be too hard to get started. I think I might make my own super soil for my next grow. I’ve only seen recipes for 50 gallon of soil that’s too much. Are there any recipes to make a small batch like enough for like 3-4 5 gallons?

It depends on whose recipe you are going with. With a 50 gallon recipe, cut it in 1/10th. Oregon's Constant gardener (youtube) has a mixture (about 5 gallons) using some very specific brands, but you could probably find something similar in off-brand items. I'm going with their recipe, but it's the one I found first. It's actually a rejuvenation recipe but could be used to mix up a first run batch too.

For a ‘Kind’ or ‘Supersoil’ type of bottom layer, it kinda depends on what you’re going to grow. For example, if you are growing an Auto, you would put less N-rich ingredients (like worm castings, alfalfa meal) into the mix.

Here’s an example of a booster soil I put together for my first Auto. Only added 1tsp/gal of Protekt with every watering, and there were essentially no deficiencies all the way to the end of the grow.

For each pound (456g) of base soil (I used EB Stone Recipe 420, but Happy Frog, Pot of Gold, and the like would work with this recipe):
  • 7 oz (200g) Kelp Meal (ex. 1-0.5-2)
  • 1-3/4 oz (50g) Fish Bone Meal (3-18-0)
  • 3.5 oz (100g) Dr Earth Flower Girl (3-9-4)
  • 3.5 oz (100g) Powdered Dolomite Lime
  • 3.5 oz (100g) Powdered Egg Shell (marinated in vinegar and roasted)
This provides an enhancement of about (0.6-1.9-0.8) to the base soil, along with sufficient Ca, Mg, S, all the micronutrients, and mycorrhizae.

Mix it up with enough pH-adjusted water to hold together but not so wet that water can be squeezed out. Seal it up for at least 30 days, opening and stirring daily. I only use 1 gallon mixed with a gallon of rinsed pumice and put that in the bottom for the roots to find.

Here’s an example of a booster soil I put together for my first Auto. Only added 1tsp/gal of Protekt with every watering, and there were essentially no deficiencies all the way to the end of the grow.

For each pound (456g) of base soil (I used EB Stone Recipe 420, but Happy Frog, Pot of Gold, and the like would work with this recipe):
  • 7 oz (200g) Kelp Meal (ex. 1-0.5-2)
  • 1-3/4 oz (50g) Fish Bone Meal (3-18-0)
  • 3.5 oz (100g) Dr Earth Flower Girl (3-9-4)
  • 3.5 oz (100g) Powdered Dolomite Lime
  • 3.5 oz (100g) Powdered Egg Shell (marinated in vinegar and roasted)
This provides an enhancement of about (0.6-1.9-0.8) to the base soil, along with sufficient Ca, Mg, S, all the micronutrients, and mycorrhizae.

Mix it up with enough pH-adjusted water to hold together but not so wet that water can be squeezed out. Seal it up for at least 30 days, opening and stirring daily. I only use 1 gallon mixed with a gallon of rinsed pumice and put that in the bottom for the roots to find.

Thanks for this I’m going to be growing an auto here soon would you use this same mix for and photo?

And what’s the difference in this and like subcools recipe?

How long would you want to veg those photos?

The difference is a lot fewer, possibly more available, ingredients going into the mix, and scaled down for smaller grows.

Edit: Oh, and Subcool’s mix would be way too hot for an Auto, with all the blood meal and such. And a lot of the ingredients, like greensand, take a long time to break down - much longer than the typical cannabis lifespan. Unless you reuse/recycle/no till, you aren’t really going to see much benefit from slow nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom