Clones In Soil - LED - SnarlyWeeds Up & Coming Once Upon A Goodtime Grow 2017

Hey Dutchess, thanks for making it over. Pop in anytime!

I have light leaks around the zipper in both tents. More in the flower tent, not too concerned about veg tent unless I have to do a flip in there. I hang a heavy blanket over the front of the flower tent during lights out. I also use a length of ducting for intake into a bottom port and make sure there are a couple 90 degree bends to block light. When I setup the veg tent (Fusion Hut) I noticed many pinholes in the walls of the tent. So I purchased a spray sealer and sprayed from the outside over any pinholes.
IMG_195328.JPG

Hope it is ok to show this.

Both tents have their own timers. Those rectangular vents are ok for passive intake when in veg, but I prefer to keep them closed and go the ducting route.
I must have been living under a rock, not quite catching the Prarie rose reference.
Have a great one Dutchess, your journal is one of the most entertaining I have read :goodjob:
Won't that seal the zipper close those?

Re: Clones In Soil - LED - SnarlyWeeds Up & Coming Once Upon A Goodtime Grow 2017

he said he sprayed the pinholes not the zipper. he hung a heavy blanket over the zippers
Thanks will look into it have done of that laying around

Re: Clones In Soil - LED - SnarlyWeeds Up & Coming Once Upon A Goodtime Grow 2017

Thanks will look into it have done of that laying around

It works quite well joe, just don't get it in any zippers :thedoubletake:

It works quite well joe, just don't get it in any zippers :thedoubletake:
Thanks snarly . .

Thanks snarly . .

Anytime Joe. Seriously it covered all the pinholes perfectly, and even some of the stitching. I turned the light on in the tent, turned lights off in the room, and went around the tent catching all the tiny little dots of light. There was even pinholes on the roof. Tiny, but there.
:passitleft:

There is maintenance for sure, its whatever your comfortable with

But PW I know you do ebb and flow and now aeroponics and killing it both times your sky walker og was AMAZING and nice yield and now your aero I am jealous of your guts to do something that far out of what my knowledge is I am sure you know a lot more about it, but you know in hydro your veg time cut down BY WEEKS, flowers are the same quality in my opinion I have both going currently and love both but soon I'll take a shot at aero like you I just gotta DYI everything and it's a lot, but soon my whole set up is moving and turning a whole house into multiple different rooms clone/seedlings then early veg then late veg then flower ROOMS, I want a perpetual harvest every three weeks and I know I can it's just out of space and plugs for things my fuse box is MAXED OUT

Anytime Joe. Seriously it covered all the pinholes perfectly, and even some of the stitching. I turned the light on in the tent, turned lights off in the room, and went around the tent catching all the tiny little dots of light. There was even pinholes on the roof. Tiny, but there.
:passitleft:
Autos can take a bit of light in i heard due to ruderalls. But photos can't dark dark they say. Why stretch lights moon light is on nature it doesn't hurt them?

But PW I know you do ebb and flow and now aeroponics and killing it both times your sky walker og was AMAZING and nice yield and now your aero I am jealous of your guts to do something that far out of what my knowledge is I am sure you know a lot more about it, but you know in hydro your veg time cut down BY WEEKS, flowers are the same quality in my opinion I have both going currently and love both but soon I'll take a shot at aero like you I just gotta DYI everything and it's a lot, but soon my whole set up is moving and turning a whole house into multiple different rooms clone/seedlings then early veg then late veg then flower ROOMS, I want a perpetual harvest every three weeks and I know I can it's just out of space and plugs for things my fuse box is MAXED OUT

I just jump into stuff, almost lost 2 plants last week but learned it was heat. Their doing ok now, i want to dial in these Dewey misters and just stick with them. By the time you're ready i should have most of the bugs worked out for you.

Autos can take a bit of light in i heard due to ruderalls. But photos can't dark dark they say. Why stretch lights moon light is on nature it doesn't hurt them?

You are correct joe, light leaks won't hurt autos. It's just critical in photoperiods for the flowering.
Not exactly sure why moonlight and lightning etc doesn't hurt outdoor plants, have heard a few theories though. Maybe because they are accustomed to the night light during their whole grow, consistently? Or they sense the season, or the whole Mother Nature thing?
All I know is that for inside grows, you do not want any light leaking in during flower. :high-five:

You are correct joe, light leaks won't hurt autos. It's just critical in photoperiods for the flowering.
Not exactly sure why moonlight and lightning etc doesn't hurt outdoor plants, have heard a few theories though. Maybe because they are accustomed to the night light during their whole grow, consistently? Or they sense the season, or the whole Mother Nature thing?
All I know is that for inside grows, you do not want any light leaking in during flower. :high-five:

Could have something to do with color temperature and intensity.

Could have something to do with color temperature and intensity.

Good point Age. That makes sense to me :high-five:

Thanks snarly I wait I could find solid evidence as to how it is the way it is. Mother nature is a powerful weapon in swear.

That's what I'm thinking, kinda like how green bulbs won't stress the girls out during their dark period.
Never heard of that.,? Green bulbs lol

My guess is that moonlight is actually sunlight being reflected off the moon. Thats what we see. The moon and its moondust absorbs all the radiation and "grow juice" and leaves us with just a "visible spectrum" that the plants cant see. With science....
Interesting statement cool love heating people's theories.

Back
Top Bottom