Coffee Returns To The Grow! Featuring Plant Of The Grapes

Welding was never fun on Monday for me. Not the way I used to drink over the weekend. I made dump truck bodies and for being late ⏰ or sick every Monday, the boss would make me weld what we called the doghouse. It’s the little space where the hydraulic shaft raises the body. Lots of overhead welding in tight spaces is not fun. lol. CL🍀
Nope doesn’t sound fun at all, had to weld vats for road maintenance machines and insulate them lots of overhead on those as well and weird ass angles. Now I’m all aluminum actually recently certified in all positions now. Most of it is flat though making retractable roofs for buildings latest one we did was showboat water park. The company treats me well and it’s a small group doesn’t feel like work half the time just hanging out with the guys and going for beers every friday

Nope doesn’t sound fun at all, had to weld vats for road maintenance machines and insulate them lots of overhead on those as well and weird ass angles. Now I’m all aluminum actually recently certified in all positions now. Most of it is flat though making retractable roofs for buildings latest one we did was showboat water park. The company treats me well and it’s a small group doesn’t feel like work half the time just hanging out with the guys and going for beers every friday
I always hated aluminum and avoided it like the plague. But sounds like a great gig you have. I worked @ the Tampa shipyards for a while and was certified in a couple of flux core positions and stick. Horribly hot 🥵 but it paid pretty good for Florida. CL🍀

I always hated aluminum and avoided it like the plague. But sounds like a great gig you have. I worked @ the Tampa shipyards for a while and was certified in a couple of flux core positions and stick. Horribly hot 🥵 but it paid pretty good for Florida. CL🍀
I can imagine! I wanted to get into ship maintenance right out of school actually had a interview for it got turned away for not having all positions I was like dude you saw my resume why waste either of our times lol! First welding job I got though was doing galvanized and aluminum mig then went into mild steel and finally now aluminum full time. It’s weird but I’ll take heat any day over the cold all I need is a water bottle and little bit of herb if I’m alone after hours

I can imagine! I wanted to get into ship maintenance right out of school actually had a interview for it got turned away for not having all positions I was like dude you saw my resume why waste either of our times lol! First welding job I got though was doing galvanized and aluminum mig then went into mild steel and finally now aluminum full time. It’s weird but I’ll take heat any day over the cold all I need is a water bottle and little bit of herb if I’m alone after hours
Oh man I can’t stand galvanized, all that smoke 💨 and it stinks like 💩. I had some fun jobs and some that I hated but it paid the bills for many years until I started driving a truck. And I still have all my hair and my eyesight isn’t bad so maybe 🤔 I quit at the right time. CL🍀

Oh man I can’t stand galvanized, all that smoke 💨 and it stinks like 💩. I had some fun jobs and some that I hated but it paid the bills for many years until I started driving a truck. And I still have all my hair and my eyesight isn’t bad so maybe 🤔 I quit at the right time. CL🍀
Yes sir my old shop was bad vents barely worked half the time could barely breath was your classic sweat shop but it taught me one thing temperature tolerance oh and how not to put up with others bullshit lmao. Good move though still need to get my GED then I might go into industrial milwrighting but for now it’s keeping food on the table and like I said I’m happy. Bet you seen some crazy shit driving trucks though

Yes sir my old shop was bad vents barely worked half the time could barely breath was your classic sweat shop but it taught me one thing temperature tolerance oh and how not to put up with others bullshit lmao. Good move though still need to get my GED then I might go into industrial milwrighting but for now it’s keeping food on the table and like I said I’m happy. Bet you seen some crazy shit driving trucks though
Unbelievable shit! Over the road 48 states and I did it before the government F- up for everyone. CL🍀

Hey Coffee how many times have you had a mig wire stick in your hand. lol CL🍀
Only once actually almost had twice last time was tacing with neoprene gloves on the wire bounced and it’s the thick shit to never moved my hand so fast probably wouldn’t be able to do it again lmao my finger still doesn’t work as well as it did before probably screwed up the nerves in my hand. Never had good mobility in them though it is what it is. My wife doesn’t complain ;)

Unbelievable shit! Over the road 48 states and I did it before the government F- up for everyone. CL🍀
My father in law drives as well told me he was driving down the highway one day and this dude was jerking it in his car staring at him like what the hell lol

Only once actually almost had twice last time was tacing with neoprene gloves on the wire bounced and it’s the thick shit to never moved my hand so fast probably wouldn’t be able to do it again lmao my finger still doesn’t work as well as it did before probably screwed up the nerves in my hand. Never had good mobility in them though it is what it is. My wife doesn’t complain ;)

My father in law drives as well told me he was driving down the highway one day and this dude was jerking it in his car staring at him like what the hell lol
I would have women pleasing themselves and turn their inside lights on. All kinds of crazy shit, and had girlfriends in a bunch of different states. CL🍀

I would have women pleasing themselves and turn their inside lights on. All kinds of crazy shit, and had girlfriends in a bunch of different states. CL🍀
Sounds like a adventure! My buddy’s dad used to bring weed back said it was from Mexico opened his freezer one day was filled with bricks and everyone always asked why this kid sold weed. Simple free product is free money I did the same years later had family giving us a oz every couple weeks we didn’t smoke at the time so I sold it. Here is what I hated about being a drug dealer my phone never stopped ringing! It didn’t last long though wife started smoking again so it became hers

Sounds like a adventure! My buddy’s dad used to bring weed back said it was from Mexico opened his freezer one day was filled with bricks and everyone always asked why this kid sold weed. Simple free product is free money I did the same years later had family giving us a oz every couple weeks we didn’t smoke at the time so I sold it. Here is what I hated about being a drug dealer my phone never stopped ringing! It didn’t last long though wife started smoking again so it became hers
The story’s I have from my driving years would make a great book 📚. lol Especially working for Mafia owned companies. There were quite a few times that I didn’t have a bill of lading for the freight that I was hauling. That and driving an extended hood Peterbilt with a 425 hp. Caterpillar engine that would do triple digits. CL🍀. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:

The story’s I have from my driving years would make a great book 📚. lol Especially working for Mafia owned companies. There were quite a few times that I didn’t have a bill of lading for the freight that I was hauling. That and driving an extended hood Peterbilt with a 425 hp. Caterpillar engine that would do triple digits. CL🍀. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:
You should do it write a book based off your adventures! My TIG teacher is from California and was explaining to us the dangers of high frequency well he used to do repairs for some Cartel guys is this how welders get rich? Lmao I kinda wanna get a rig going and go weld in the oil fields the trouble I could get into but now I gotta settle down lmao

You should do it write a book based off your adventures! My TIG teacher is from California and was explaining to us the dangers of high frequency well he used to do repairs for some Cartel guys is this how welders get rich? Lmao I kinda wanna get a rig going and go weld in the oil fields the trouble I could get into but now I gotta settle down lmao
There were 4-5 times when I was driving for this Mob company that the boss had to fly me out somewhere to pick up a truck with a questionable load because the driver had been up too long n was tweaking. lol CL🍀.

Btw I forgot to tell you that I did it twice both times not wearing gloves and turned my head to tack something then have the wire touch and bounce off into my finger to the bone. Second time same thing no gloves turned my head to tack something and right into my palm. Both times I pulled it out with my needle nose and went back to work. lol I was always getting shit in my eyes 👀 from being in a hurry n not wearing glasses when grinding something or something or another. Metal shops are not known for being the safest places to work. I seen a guy get killed once, he was welding a dump lip to the back of the body and had the tailgate propped up with a 2X4 and it slipped hit him in the back of his head. CL🍀

Omg the way you call another man sir.

My heart!

❤️ ♥️ 💜

You are so respectful. Xo

Omg the way you call another man sir.

My heart!

❤️ ♥️ 💜

You are so respectful. Xo
Thank you kindly and what can I say my parents taught me to be respectful towards others and sorry I didn’t answer your earlier post I was either on the train or completely missed it

Edit : fat fingers

Btw I forgot to tell you that I did it twice both times not wearing gloves and turned my head to tack something then have the wire touch and bounce off into my finger to the bone. Second time same thing no gloves turned my head to tack something and right into my palm. Both times I pulled it out with my needle nose and went back to work. lol I was always getting shit in my eyes 👀 from being in a hurry n not wearing glasses when grinding something or something or another. Metal shops are not known for being the safest places to work. I seen a guy get killed once, he was welding a dump lip to the back of the body and had the tailgate propped up with a 2X4 and it slipped hit him in the back of his head. CL🍀
It happens so quick as well were you using 0.35? I’m not sure what size wire we use currently but it’s thick wouldn’t want to get it stuck in me haha. Ya I learned safety glasses after working in cabinet making had a shard of wood hit just beside my eye never again. Although when die grinding I find I still get shit going over my respirator into my eyes. Never seen anyone die but we had one guy grinding with a hard disk saw him in the morning and he disappeared right before lunch got half of it stuck in his face was off 4 weeks had to have some reconstructive surgery never talked right after either

It happens so quick as well were you using 0.35? I’m not sure what size wire we use currently but it’s thick wouldn’t want to get it stuck in me haha. Ya I learned safety glasses after working in cabinet making had a shard of wood hit just beside my eye never again. Although when die grinding I find I still get shit going over my respirator into my eyes. Never seen anyone die but we had one guy grinding with a hard disk saw him in the morning and he disappeared right before lunch got half of it stuck in his face was off 4 weeks had to have some reconstructive surgery never talked right after either
We had a new kid that they hired as a floor sweeper and parts grinder. But he was grinding on a waist high table and I don’t know if he was leaning on the grinder or what but it caught his shirt tail and ripped his stomach open. Blood 🩸 spewed everywhere and He left in an ambulance 🚑 and we never saw him again. Had another young guy they hired as a brake n shear helper but he got his finger tips under a sheet and when the operator hit the pedal on the brake it smashed his finger tips. He never returned to work either. CL🍀

We had a new kid that they hired as a floor sweeper and parts grinder. But he was grinding on a waist high table and I don’t know if he was leaning on the grinder or what but it caught his shirt tail and ripped his stomach open. Blood 🩸 spewed everywhere and He left in an ambulance 🚑 and we never saw him again. Had another young guy they hired as a brake n shear helper but he got his finger tips under a sheet and when the operator hit the pedal on the brake it smashed his finger tips. He never returned to work either. CL🍀
Shit that’s scary couple months ago my shirt got sucked into my grinder but it didn’t cut just twisted up then finally stopped couldn’t turn it off. A co worker of mine almost lost a hand to the break press he didn’t have the best English and the supervisor was telling him to hold it at a 90 either way ended up with him going to the hospital the whole time before he showed the supervisor the supervisor was giving him shit and that’s when I learned the phrase “if your going to be stupid you had better be tough”

Here’s the shirt
IMG_0479.jpeg

Shit that’s scary couple months ago my shirt got sucked into my grinder but it didn’t cut just twisted up then finally stopped couldn’t turn it off. A co worker of mine almost lost a hand to the break press he didn’t have the best English and the supervisor was telling him to hold it at a 90 either way ended up with him going to the hospital the whole time before he showed the supervisor the supervisor was giving him shit and that’s when I learned the phrase “if your going to be stupid you had better be tough”

Here’s the shirt
IMG_0479.jpeg
Someone was most definitely looking out for you my friend. Did you have to change your drawers? I think 🤔 if it was me I’d be tucking in my shirts 👔 from now on. lol And yes it was.35 wire that I stuck myself with twice. CL🍀. :thumb::cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom