Cola Monster's Perpetual Solo Cup Grow Feat: ViparSpectra's P2000's x 2

Anyone here know what I'm seeing? I'm terrible at diagnosing leaf deficiencies unlike you good folks here at 420 Magazine.;)
These are my roommates plants with the only difference being she used Happy Frog potting soil instead of my Royal Gold's King's Mix Blend. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:hmmmm:

What nutes is she using?
Here's the gallon solution I make up for her every couple days:

5ml per gal. of Silica followed by 5ml per gal. of GH's One Part Bloom... and then 7.5ml per gal. of Liquid Karma for the first few weeks.

For you:
I use 5mm of Silica per gal. first...then I add 5mm per gal. of GH One Part Bloom...7.5mm per gal. of Liquid Karma by Botanicare...and 4mm per gal. of their Hydroplex Bloom Enhancer.
For her:
5ml per gal. of Silica followed by 5ml per gal. of GH's One Part Bloom... and then 7.5ml per gal. of Liquid Karma for the first few weeks.
And this is exactly what you feed yours in early flower as well? If so then the only difference is the medium, which seems to me like it would be worth pH slurry testing the soil from the pot.

For her:

And this is exactly what you feed yours in early flower as well? If so then the only difference is the medium, which seems to me like it would be worth pH slurry testing the soil from the pot.
Yep, the exact same solution for weeks 1thru 3 of flowering then I start slowly adding the Hydroplex bloom enhancer at 2.5ml per gallon!
That's why I went directly to the soil since it was the only difference in the equation. I don't have a working probe on hand but will figure something out.

:thanks: Shed!

If you get your hands on a pH pen, here are the slurry instructions if you haven't done it before:

It requires distilled water and a calibrated pH meter to work, and this is how to do it:
• Take samples from a few different places where there are roots (dig down a bit rather than just use the top - I often stick a spoon down the outside edge of the pot to grab some from there as well)
• Add an equivalent amount of distilled water as grams of soil (10 grams of soil, add 10ml water). If that doesn't make a slurry, use enough distilled water to make a stirrable-but-thick slurry.
• Stir it up, wait 15 minutes, stir again. Do that for an hour and then put your calibrated pH stick in the water. That's the pH of your medium.

For FoxFarms soil it should be in the 6.3-6.8 range, though my last two bags were in the 5s so I adjusted them up with dolomite lime.

My Mimosa Shot did very much the same this run Cola. Look at the bottom plant. It's doing it. I figured my issue was my soil was mixed with too much frass and malted barley. Also the soil needed more lime. The 3 other plants didn't get so advanced and recovered, Mimosa never did but grew well for her. Harvest next!
full

If you get your hands on a pH pen, here are the slurry instructions if you haven't done it before:

It requires distilled water and a calibrated pH meter to work, and this is how to do it:
• Take samples from a few different places where there are roots (dig down a bit rather than just use the top - I often stick a spoon down the outside edge of the pot to grab some from there as well)
• Add an equivalent amount of distilled water as grams of soil (10 grams of soil, add 10ml water). If that doesn't make a slurry, use enough distilled water to make a stirrable-but-thick slurry.
• Stir it up, wait 15 minutes, stir again. Do that for an hour and then put your calibrated pH stick in the water. That's the pH of your medium.

For FoxFarms soil it should be in the 6.3-6.8 range, though my last two bags were in the 5s so I adjusted them up with dolomite lime.
Thanks for the info. Shed, I appreciate the help. I'll look into getting a PH pen at my local hydro store today.:thumb:

My Mimosa Shot did very much the same this run Cola. Look at the bottom plant. It's doing it. I figured my issue was my soil was mixed with too much frass and malted barley. Also the soil needed more lime. The 3 other plants didn't get so advanced and recovered, Mimosa never did but grew well for her. Harvest next!
Morning StoneOtter!
Well, it seems we all agree that the soil was the culprit here not my nute solution which I'll do my best to fix if at all possible. I still have some leftover Happy Frog soil that I can try to check the PH levels on out of the bag but need to purchase a pen first.;)

Wow. Awesome. Solos are currently a subject close to my heart. I totally love your wooden “seats” for the cups to hold them safe. Beautiful!

These ones here, def following along - what do you reckon a reasonable yield off a solo is? I have two on the go (one has two girls in). Its not a grow for yield at all but just interested.

Nice pics! I'm surprised you haven't won any awards for your photographs. :cheesygrinsmiley:

post.JPG
Not a single Haha...tough crowd! :laugh:

When you’ve won a few awards, Shed, maybe you’ll find peace.

🤣

Nick

I think they like your music selections! I do!
Thanks SO, I seriously believe music of all types is a key ingredient in the growing process. I always feed my plants a steady stream of music everyday which they seem to love in return.:theband:

Wow. Awesome. Solos are currently a subject close to my heart. I totally love your wooden “seats” for the cups to hold them safe. Beautiful!

These ones here, def following along - what do you reckon a reasonable yield off a solo is? I have two on the go (one has two girls in). Its not a grow for yield at all but just interested.

When you’ve won a few awards, Shed, maybe you’ll find peace.

🤣

Nick
Happy to have you aboard NickHardy, I've been following your work since you signed up and may I say:bravo:!

And to answer your question, I'm estimating anywhere between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 ozs. per plant dried. These are the biggest solo cup plants I've ever grown so final amounts may vary from strain to strain. Some are fluffy nugs. and others solid as a rock so we'll find out together come harvest.

Hope all is well in your world and have a great day!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom