Comfy420's First Grow, High On A Dime Budget Newbie CFL Grow

Day 7 Update:

7th day since planting and you can start to see the 3rd set of true leaves peeking through. Still sooooo tiny and fragile looking.

Green-O-Matic:
GOM_7.jpg

Amnesia Haze:
AH_71.jpg

Day 10 Update:

The Green-O-Matic seems to be starting to take the lead but maybe that's just because the Indica dominance makes it have fatter leaves compared to the Amnesia Haze's Sativa dominance. The Green-O-Matic just has such perfect symmetry and is turning into a beautiful plant that I am very pleased with. The Amnesia Haze is also looking good though but it's just a little smaller and not quite as symmetrical.

Both are starting to produce a tiny hint of a smell especially if you put your nose up to them. I am going to go try to track down some activated carbon tomorrow to fill up my currently empty homemade carbon scrubber filter.

Anyway another day, another little bit of growth, have a good one and enjoy the pictures below.

Green-O-Matic:
GOM_10.jpg

Amnesia Haze:
AH_101.jpg

Day 11 Update:

Today I went to the pet store and got some activated carbon pellets to fill up my filter. The plants aren't producing much odor yet but I wanted to make sure I had odors under control before it really got going. I installed the carbon filter and filled it up with pellets and it took about 1/4 of the 45oz container. I could defiantly smell the plants when I smelled the end of the discharge tube but then couldn't smell anything coming through the filter once installed so it seems to be working. Airflow does not seem to be restricted at all

Carbon Pellets:
Carbon4.jpg

Green-O-Matic:
GOM_11.jpg

Amnesia Haze:
AH_111.jpg

Hi mate, I'm another cfl grower, I'm a few weeks away from harvesting my first 2 ladies which have had their problems but are doing ok.
I'll be following your grow and I'm no expert to growing cannabis but I have 20 years of Horticulture experience and I'll try to help where I can....as well as learn from your experience.
Looking forward to seeing how your babies go.

I would love it if you could check out my progress and would love some simple advice how do you have your cfls that lose and don't burn them in running 6 leds with 1500 lumens at first they were 1 ft away but they have yellowing on the edges and I don't know if it's a deficiency or it's because the lights is so close today I moved it to 2 ft

Day 12 LST Update:

I decided to start LST early to try to make the most of it. I was very careful with the plants because they are very small but figured there was no harm in starting early so here goes nothing. I think I did a pretty good job here's my attempts below. Feedback would be graciously accepted as I have never done this before. Thanks :)

Green-O-Matic LST:
GOM_12_LST.jpg

Amnesia Haze LST:
AH_12_LST.jpg

Day 13 Update:

Day 13... Plants seem fine after tying down 24 hours ago. They turned toward light a little bit which partially shaded the lower leaf node again. They are growing with nodes so close together it's hard to get light to the lower ones when it is this small... I'm going to not do any more LST till it is a little bigger and there is more to work with. I'll give this first LST bend some time to grow.

Green-O-Matic:
GOM_13.jpg

Amnesia Haze:
AH_131.jpg

Day 13 Update:

Day 13... Plants seem fine after tying down 24 hours ago. They turned toward light a little bit which partially shaded the lower leaf node again. They are growing with nodes so close together it's hard to get light to the lower ones when it is this small... I'm going to not do any more LST till it is a little bigger and there is more to work with. I'll give this first LST bend some time to grow.

Green-O-Matic:
GOM_13.jpg

Amnesia Haze:
AH_131.jpg

Usually the plant grows nodes close together if the light is too close to it

Usually the plant grows nodes close together if the light is too close to it

Well the thing is I'm not sure if it is a problem or a good thing because I am space limited. It seems everyone says the closer the better with CFL as long as your not causing too much heat on the closest parts of the plant. I will have to think about what is best but for now I'm going to see how it grows over the next week or two and assess it from there.

Hey guys! Just got home and I have some things to say. So I got the ph down and mixed it with water so the ph will be good however I need help with mixing it after I add the Alaska fertilizer and knowing what the ph will be after
420-magazine-mobile1620296489.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1866575959.jpg
this is the Alaska fertilizer in a gallon container without the ph down
420-magazine-mobile993530209.jpg
as for now the ph has to stay the same until the plant isn't dropping from over watering. I've also noticed that the plant is leaning so I've added a stick to support it
420-magazine-mobile264371734.jpg
and after reading the posts to you guys (thanks a million) I've lowered the lights within inches to the pant
420-magazine-mobile377518088.jpg
420-magazine-mobile165996052.jpg
I'm also concerned a little about the ends of the leafs as there not as yellow and more of a white color?
420-magazine-mobile1444626627.jpg
and I've also roped the plant 2 days ago and can see that the node has split in 2 and is growing in nicely

Topped ** Also I wana get a lux meter but don't know if it would be worth it because I don't know if the lux meter will work with the led lights I have

Hey guys! Just got home and I have some things to say. So I got the ph down and mixed it with water so the ph will be good however I need help with mixing it after I add the Alaska fertilizer and knowing what the ph will be after this is the Alaska fertilizer in a gallon container without the ph downas for now the ph has to stay the same until the plant isn't dropping from over watering. I've also noticed that the plant is leaning so I've added a stick to support it and after reading the posts to you guys (thanks a million) I've lowered the lights within inches to the pant

I'm also concerned a little about the ends of the leafs as there not as yellow and more of a white color? and I've also roped the plant 2 days ago and can see that the node has split in 2 and is growing in nicely

Hey man, check out this video:

How to manage pH when growing cannabis - YouTube

Ohh I have the same problem always checkin on them and not noticing any growth until you actually look at previous days. I'm about 5 days ahead of you growing some AK48 and they just keep getting bushier while being lst'd. Anyway , I'm subbed in and wishin a healthy, big bud grow

Day 16 Update:

The Green-O-Matic LST has been working well and we can see two distinct main stems now. The Amnesia Haze looks like it will probably react in the same way with similar growth in the next day or two but seems to be just a slightly slower growing plant. I'm happy... Don't have any signs of deficiencies or burns, steady growth, good color and reacting well to LST :)

Come on babies keep on going well!!!

Green-O-Matic:
GOM_16.jpg

Amnesia Haze:
AH_16.jpg

Day 16 Update:

The Green-O-Matic LST has been working well and we can see two distinct main stems now. The Amnesia Haze looks like it will probably react in the same way with similar growth in the next day or two but seems to be just a slightly slower growing plant. I'm happy... Don't have any signs of deficiencies or burns, steady growth, good color and reacting well to LST :)

Come on babies keep on going well!!!

Green-O-Matic:
GOM_16.jpg

Amnesia Haze:
AH_16.jpg

What soil are you using for your grow

Back
Top Bottom