First grow

yankee7568

Well, I think I will start one of these things, HAHA.

I built my box out of a husky tool cabinet. I lined it with white trash bags then on top of that I lined it with foil. I lined it with trash bags to seal it up. It had lots of cracks where light and humidity could escape.

I bought a dryer tin tube and cut it to size taped 2 drier sheets on bottom. I then got a drier outlet thing and too the mounting sleeve of it and inserted it in the drier tube. I mounted the tube in the far corner on the box and filled it with carbon from the fish store.

Then mounted a PC fan on bottom of the tube on the out side of the box to pull air out and mounted 2 PC fans on top of the tube to push air down the tube through the carbon.

I installed a surge protector and mounted it at the top of the box. I plugged it into a timer and plugged my bulbs in to it.

I installed 1 PC fan in each door at the bottom.

Here is my box now
01384.JPG

Here is my carbon filter
01474.JPG

Here is my (I think Blueberry Skunk, I think cause not sure but, thats what the guy told me it was)
007120.JPG

010106.JPG

003144.JPG

Here is my ( I think my indica bagseed, I believe I mixed it up with my skunk)
008119.JPG

006126.JPG

004137.JPG

Here are them together
009104.JPG

I think the big one is like 3 weeks along and the small one is 2 weeks along. I had some problems with the small one. It germinated late and it was to dee in the soil. I moved it to better soil and up higher in the soil. Its growing great! The Skunk is growing fast and hope its not a male but if it is I will cross the 2. After this grow I will grow more plants at a time. This was just a test!

Tell me what you think.

Opps, Forgot to put that info. I was using 3 150w CFL 2500k lighting 2900 lumens per bulb but switched to 4 100w 6500k lighting. I think they have like 1500 lumens per bulb. I was wondering if it would be better to switch them to the 150w bulbs since they have more lumens?

I just hope its a female. Part of me wants to be a male and a part of me wants it to be a female lol. THe part of me that wants it to be a male is I need more seeds and I want to cross them haha. THe other half of me wants some good

Opps, Forgot to put that info. I was using 3 150w CFL 2500k lighting 2900 lumens per bulb but switched to 4 100w 6500k lighting. I think they have like 1500 lumens per bulb. I was wondering if it would be better to switch them to the 150w bulbs since they have more lumens?

Bump for an answer

Well, I switched to the 150w CFL and man, My temps is over 100 degrees!!!!! I am using the yeast/surger CO2 method tho! Will this be ok? I have been trying to figure out how to get the temp down..... After I switched the bulbs tho the big plant likes it a lot! I will stay with these bulbs! I turned one of my intake fan around to push air out, to get the temps down and will see if that helps! I have 3 exhaust fans on my carbon filter.. I just don't see why its still has the temps high... Before, I had only 2 fans in the carbon filter...

Look I can't have massive amount of power using cause it gets monitored by people! People come in my house and inspect things so this box will have to work. With the 100w CFL's I don't have a heat issue. I was going to loose the foil next. I will do so when the lights are on. If you knew where I was growing you would understand!

Well, I took the foil down and my humidity went up to where I wanted! I was having trouble with it being to low (around 20-30%). The temps are down. So, the foil was conducting to much heat! Thanks for the advise!! I just sealed the cracks with black duct tape and lined it with trash bags. I left the top of the box alone cause I am going to put soda cans on the light bulbs to direct more light down on plants. I am glad I got this issue solved before my plats burnt up!!! This next time around I will grow more plants!! I grew only what I did cause didn't want to waste seeds... Here is some pics on how the box is now..
P6190026.JPG

P6190027.JPG

P6190028.JPG

Here it is closed
P6190029.JPG

P6190030.JPG

Covered up!
P6190031.JPG

Well, I am not sure if this is normal but it looks like the leaves are turning yellow on the ends..
P6200030.JPG

Can't see it on the edges much but its there..
P6200034.JPG

P6200032.JPG

Big plant looks great though!
P6200035.JPG

Hello yankee7568 nice healthy looking plants you have there im liking the stealthy little cab. have you thought of using the big 125-250w cfl's like the Envirolites Envirolites indoor growing envirolite grow lights reflectors they are relatively cheap and you will get a good amount of light for the size cab you have electricity wont rocket like having a Hid light and temps wont be to bad either just a thought.

Good luck with your grow mate.

Back
Top Bottom