First grow

I'm a first time grower myself. My plants are not as big as yours although aren't yours kinda small for flowering. I have no idea. I'm a little confused, sorry. So you leave the lights off for 36 hours for flowering/sexing?

Musik \\\vVv/// :grinjoint::peace:

Yea it all depends if you want a high yield, shorter plants, faster yield/smaller yield. I am running low on time so I am flowering now to get a faster yield. The day you switch to 12/12, you can leave the lights off for 36 hours then turn on to 12/12 and it will jump start the flowing and make it faster to sex them.. Then the last day of flower you can turn the lights off for 48 hours and it will fluff the buds up more.. My plants veged for around 4-5 weeks then they have been in flowering for 12-13 days now... My plants wasn't going anywhere for a while so I decided to put them in the dark.. I have been topping them then went to LSTing.. Thats why there tied down so I can get some light to the lower part of the plant. Feel free to ask anything, I will be happy to help.

Totally got ya, i'm sure now that you've told me that, i'll pay more attention when reading up on flowering, ihaven't quite got that far yet.
But......I just lost my job i wonder if I could flower my plants now to get a quick yield. I"ll have pics up later, my sister has been busy but her computer has the data card reader for the camera. LOL I took the pictures now they just need to be digitally developed. Thanks for the response.

Musik \\\vVv///

Totally got ya, i'm sure now that you've told me that, i'll pay more attention when reading up on flowering, ihaven't quite got that far yet.
But......I just lost my job i wonder if I could flower my plants now to get a quick yield. I"ll have pics up later, my sister has been busy but her computer has the data card reader for the camera. LOL I took the pictures now they just need to be digitally developed. Thanks for the response.

Musik \\\vVv///

Well, quick as in like 2-3 months haha... If you have time I would just keep vegging till the get around 3 feet tall then flower them and they will become 6 foot tall haha... If you don't have much room then LST them... Patients is virtue my friend and in the end you will think me cause you will yield so much more... You also are ahead of me cause you have an HPS light... I am only CFL... They seem to grow faster under a HPS...

That all makes perfect sense, now that i'm starting to think about flowering I've discovered a few small obstacles for mine. My space is about 5sq feet and I have 8 plants in that space at the moment. So I would definately have to separate them if I plan to grow them 6 feet tall.
I was actually thinking of flowering them in 2 or 3 weeks. If you count from the top of the rockwool cubes the more mature plants are about 5-6 inches tall at the moment while the tallest plant is at about 8-9"inches, Also the one i'm sure is the Sativa. I buried them a little bit up to the embryonic leaves, into the hydroton. at least an inch and a half. The stalks seem to thicken on a daily basis. There seems to be new growth all the time.
I have a feeling I might lose two. But If I do save them they will probably be stunted growth wise.
Anyhow great job with your plants because they seem to be loving you! :rollit::smokin::popcorn::peace:

Musik \\\vVv///

It all depends on your space as well. If your space is limited, then use LST or flower early. If there 5-9" tall then when you flower they will double that size..

Happy growing

Well, I think there males...
P7110086.JPG

P7110087.JPG

P7110088.JPG

P7110089.JPG

P7110090.JPG

P7110091.JPG

P7110092.JPG

P7110093.JPG

I am about to pull them and shut it all down.. I learned a lot and this was all it was for..

yankee7568, been staring at these photos and im not 100% sure they're males? Does look like it but might spring out a hair/leaf... hmm... Sorry to hear if they are. Could of been from the stress of the dark period.

Its not wasted though, you've learnt alot, and have a great setup.

Let us know if you still cant decide, more pictures are always good :peace:

yankee7568, been staring at these photos and im not 100% sure they're males? Does look like it but might spring out a hair/leaf... hmm... Sorry to hear if they are. Could of been from the stress of the dark period.

Its not wasted though, you've learnt alot, and have a great setup.

Let us know if you still cant decide, more pictures are always good :peace:

Yea these took me a while to take so the pics is it... I don't think they will spring any hairs from these balls..

Im still looking at them, and yeah... so sorry for you too. Horrible to see them, as i've had 2 go hermie before.

Well you know what to do to.. get germinating! :icon_cool:

They been under 12/12 for like 15-16 days now. I wont be growing anymore for a while. This was really for education. I don't like growing where I am at cause its very dangerous... I am always paranoid anyway haha..

AAAAH sorry to hear about that Yankee, you won't have anything to smoke, if they 'had' been females would you have flowered them fully?

Try Again!! (when you get the chance)

Musik \\\vVv///

I am going to wait for a few more days to see if they turn female. If I wasn't going to be moving then yes I would have flowered them till done. But if I am moving then no I would have sold them or threw them away.... You can't take maryJ plants through the airport and into state lines.. hahaha..

bro, could be hermies MAYBE, balls show first, but yah man I got yo back, when my cross is done u be getting seeds when u are back able to grow

thanks man... Its cool, its not like I bought the seeds haha.. Once I move I hope to get a bigger space going.. Also a better setup!

Back
Top Bottom