Homemade Grow-Box - First Grow Ever!

Re: Homemade grow-box. First grow ever!

ok bud heres my 2 cents, it looks like over watering (number1 killer of plants buy new growers) let it dry out a bit only water when the top inch of your soil is dry and or the pot feels light, use the lift technique to feel when your pot is getting light also lift when its full so you know how that feels too, i recommend you get the 23 watt daylight 6500k cfl's(150watt equalavent) the ones your using look like the soft white 2700k, the daylight are better for short compact plants and reduce stretching, the soft white 2700k are good for the flower stage but not absolutely necessary and keep them as close as possible and even on all sides of the plant to get lots of light sources and eliminate shadows ,when you start using fertilizer start with only 1/4 the amount the package states, and try to get a ph tester ,it also looks like ph may be an issue, and a thermometer is an absolute must overheating is also a big killer, hope this helps, remember less is more:high-five:

Hey salty2 nice job on the diy!+ reps Listen to those guys and study hard, study long.
some soils have chemical nutes that feed plants up to 6 months and adding additional nutes can really burn small plants and def dont fertilize for at least two week even if its just soil with no nutes in them. Like they said we need more info to help out.

Hey Salty, Just checking in to see how things are going. Hopefully you got the watering issuse under control, Hope all is well for ya.

Yup, succeed in drowning my first plant... its a learning experience i guess. have three more little guys going right now, have them in the pc grow box with three 13 watt cfls, looking to acquire some high wattage bulbs with the right color spectrum. just ordered mylar should be here soon so i can finish my larger box

Trying to make a comeback
photo_12_7.JPG

Day 6, Moved the three into the Pc Grow box with the three 13 watt cfls for now until i purchase more CFL's for the larger box just ordered mylar once again so thatll improve the boxes as well
photo_17_2.JPG

1 Week, looking decent i guess, a light got too close and burnt the tips of some of the leaves kinda stunted the growth a bit but should be fine
photo_13_6.JPG

13 days in
photo_25_3.JPG

Transplanted them into larger containers, the middle one actually died, could have damaged it while i was transplanting it.
photo_24_2.JPG

This one is looking quite nice
photo_23_2.JPG

Easy salty2, Im in, like the cool box. Are you feeding your plants? Because if you are, stop! the soil will have enough for a few weeks. It's just the ends are going yellow. This shouldn't be happening at this stage, or any if done correctly.

Back
Top Bottom