EndItAll's Ongoing Organic DIY Adventure

See here is the problem bud if you don't have the right spectrum lights it will hurt yields. See this chart blue green area hot for veg. You want high numbers there for veg but see how all these cfl t5 only have blue not not orange and mostly red. Red is needed even in veg for its p k uptake of a plant to grow . Best way I can say it man

c2f844e8bdbea84badd7a703cbb2bdd9.jpg
7d6276b5383ac680c28330e41cb59dd1.jpg
Which is why the arrays are filled with mostly 3000k and 2700k bulbs.

Which is why the arrays are filled with mostly 3000k and 2700k bulbs.

So what is the par depth ?

So how far you keep these light from tops ?

The more light the more nutrients it will require .

I dunno best I got man

Off to bed

Best of luck man

So what is the par depth ?

So how far you keep these light from tops ?

The more light the more nutrients it will require .

I dunno best I got man

Off to bed

Best of luck man

The lights are kept as close as possible, usually between 1 and 4 inches. Nutrients are all organic composts and plenty of them, same mix I have used for 15 years in my vegetable garden and my veggies get mammoth sized. Here's a few example pics of my first 2 runs. Only difference between then and now is the ownership of the breeder changed, and I added the giant sunblasters and another array. I strongly doubt going from barely 400 watts to just over 1000 could explain flowering at 8-10 days and stunting at 14cm height.
IMAG106816.jpg
IMAG10658.jpg
IMAG107410.jpg
IMAG108712.jpg

Quite nice. What strains are those?

Those are headband
Or sour kush 818s

ALS got a big bomb by Bomb seeds and og critical too

And that's why I'm actually happy I'm now stuck here until June. Gonna be rough being away from home so long, but now I have time to play with something that will take more than 90 ish days, as I mentioned elsewhere have a germinated Canuk White Widow fem-photo that I planted literally hours ago. Looking at the calendar I have plenty of time to grow it out, clone it a couple dozen times, grow all those out, and finish up, with time leftover to clean everything away before my relief gets here. Nice of my usual relief to quit so early into my rotation, at least I got lots of notice and can adjust my plans.

Also, getting double rate for the duration of the 2nd rotation and earning "go-to guy when there's a problem" points with my bosses is always nice. Over the next 6 months I'll earn about 6 figures, thinking I'll take the wife to Jamaica when I get back to civilization and then take a few months off.

Ran the CANUK White Widow for a few runs and they are great! You didn't do anything wrong with those AF's it is bad genetics. I had 6 of the EM's do the exact same thing under 3kw of MH/HPS yet all the other genetics thrived!

Off topic. So apparently Oprah is now going to run for president in 2020....now I make no secret of my utter disgust at the current occupant of that office, bot for what he represents and just his general lack of qualifications for the job. But that doesn't mean I think Mrs Clinton was a good choice. Or the previous occupant for that matter. I am generally neither left nor right, I am whatever seems correct to me in any given situation. That said, if my southern neighbours don't knock this trend of joke candidates off, I'm not sure I ever want to go back to civilization. It was kinda funny with Schwarzenegger, it stopped being funny with Ventura, now it's just sad. Such a shame this area is such a frozen wasteland so much of the year, cause it would be the perfect area to go off grid and ignore the nonsense the world has become.

Off topic. So apparently Oprah is now going to run for president in 2020....now I make no secret of my utter disgust at the current occupant of that office, bot for what he represents and just his general lack of qualifications for the job. But that doesn't mean I think Mrs Clinton was a good choice. Or the previous occupant for that matter. I am generally neither left nor right, I am whatever seems correct to me in any given situation. That said, if my southern neighbours don't knock this trend of joke candidates off, I'm not sure I ever want to go back to civilization. It was kinda funny with Schwarzenegger, it stopped being funny with Ventura, now it's just sad. Such a shame this area is such a frozen wasteland so much of the year, cause it would be the perfect area to go off grid and ignore the nonsense the world has become.
Things are so messed up anymore. I will eventually go off the grid.... I am eyeing some property right now. It's 63 acres of woodland has a beautiful creek, maybe 3 acres of marsh. Would be perfect for some people to get lost for awhile. The land does come with a cost of 80,000 dollars but my family is great friends of the owner and his family. I could probably get it a bit cheaper. Would be a great place to live during the winter months heat bt wood etc.

Things are so messed up anymore. I will eventually go off the grid.... I am eyeing some property right now. It's 63 acres of woodland has a beautiful creek, maybe 3 acres of marsh. Would be perfect for some people to get lost for awhile. The land does come with a cost of 80,000 dollars but my family is great friends of the owner and his family. I could probably get it a bit cheaper. Would be a great place to live during the winter months heat bt wood etc.
I saw a beautiful place for sale just outside of Cornwall Ontario last year, it was 23 acres, about 2/3 cleared and plantable, 1/3 well grown dense woodlot, surrounded on all 4 sides by a natural moat made of local waterways, 10 feet wide at narrowest point, only easy access is a single heavy steel bridge with a massive barrier arm. Wasn't compatible with our needs, but if shit ever hits fan, that's my family's eventual destination.

Seriously though, our plan/goal , the main reason I work these amazingly well paid but way out in nowhere land jobs, is to build up the capital, buy a decent chunk way away from everything, and turn it into an independent micro-nation, in spirit if not in law. Put in a Tesla roof on all house and outbuilding surfaces, 10 or 12 power-walls, and grow everything we eat. Live off the land both literally and metaphorically, anything we can't grow, breed, or make, I can find work at need with my skillset and dear wife's office is anywhere with an internet connection. They're doing amazing things with remote community internet access these days : case in point, I have 30ish mbps service in an industrial settlement not far from the northernmost permanent habitation in Ontario, we don't have a permanent road for 380km around that isn't a privately built service road. If I can get that here, I can get that in rural farmland.

I saw a beautiful place for sale just outside of Cornwall Ontario last year, it was 23 acres, about 2/3 cleared and plantable, 1/3 well grown dense woodlot, surrounded on all 4 sides by a natural moat made of local waterways, 10 feet wide at narrowest point, only easy access is a single heavy steel bridge with a massive barrier arm. Wasn't compatible with our needs, but if shit ever hits fan, that's my family's eventual destination.

Seriously though, our plan/goal , the main reason I work these amazingly well paid but way out in nowhere land jobs, is to build up the capital, buy a decent chunk way away from everything, and turn it into an independent micro-nation, in spirit if not in law. Put in a Tesla roof on all house and outbuilding surfaces, 10 or 12 power-walls, and grow everything we eat. Live off the land both literally and metaphorically, anything we can't grow, breed, or make, I can find work at need with my skillset and dear wife's office is anywhere with an internet connection. They're doing amazing things with remote community internet access these days : case in point, I have 30ish mbps service in an industrial settlement not far from the northernmost permanent habitation in Ontario, we don't have a permanent road for 380km around that isn't a privately built service road. If I can get that here, I can get that in rural farmland.
That sounds awesome, how much was the property you were looking at? It would be great to live away from the hustle and bustle of city life and more into a relaxed setting. I've been to cornwall a few times before when I was younger. I remember this horrid smell from this big factory. It was next to a bridge that brings you to the USA.

That sounds awesome, how much was the property you were looking at? It would be great to live away from the hustle and bustle of city life and more into a relaxed setting. I've been to cornwall a few times before when I was younger. I remember this horrid smell from this big factory. It was next to a bridge that brings you to the USA.
The property was about 700k but had alot going for it to justify the asking price. Large 4 bedroom 2 bathroom updated century home, standalone inlaw suite 1 bed 1 bath, attached to large commercial/industrial building, workshop bay large enough to fit a semi cab or 3 cars, storefront space. Medium heated barn, various sheds and outbuildings. We mainly couldn't make the financing work to our satisfaction, on paper we "could" afford it, but would have been way too risky and with the way interest rates are going now, it wouldn't have been sustainable. So we decided to park ourselves is a just barely adequate bedroom community rowhouse while we scrimp, save, and sacrifice to afford something similar in function but a bit less on the luxuries. Meanwhile we're building equity and close to debt free excluding the mortgage. Sucks that I'm away so often, and doubly so now that I'm doing a double rotation in camp, but long game, long game. The time away makes the time there that much better, and it won't be forever. I love my job, they treat me very well, but it's a means to an end, I don't plan to retire, I plan to quit.

Wife is obsessed with starting an aquaponic vegetable/tilapia farm, raising chickens, and milking cows. Compared to most of the other options out there, working 12 hours a day for myself in my own little corner seems better than working 9to5 surrounded by Assholes and idiots. Sign me up and bring on the overalls, I can see myself dying happy after that life.

Wife is obsessed with starting an aquaponic vegetable/tilapia farm, raising chickens, and milking cows. Compared to most of the other options out there, working 12 hours a day for myself in my own little corner seems better than working 9to5 surrounded by Assholes and idiots. Sign me up and bring on the overalls, I can see myself dying happy after that life.
That's really awesome she shares the same dream of a farm.

Cherry Bomb take 2 is planted, root was almost 2cm long, really exploded while I was out today. Good sign, the first try had stopped growing it's tail at 1cm and didn't move for 12 hrs after.

Not sure about the white widow, been 48 hrs now and still nothing.....gonna give it a few more days before I start crying.

Back
Top Bottom