EndItAll's Ongoing Organic DIY Adventure

Yeah. I don't exactly disapprove, I mean I've done business with him myself in the past, and I'm no hypocrite. But there a line where one can argue "I'm a heavy user with a hobby and I don't like funding criminals, let's get the slap on the wrist over with". And then there's "please don't seize my house, take my kids, and lock me away for 20 years".

I may be crazy, but I ain't stupid. And the fact that I know what and where, means others know what and where. And even after July 1st, if Mr Trudeau can keep his word (I'm waiting for the chickens to hatch before I start counting) that's still stupid without at least getting an artisan license (my application is pending) and you're still begging for mold and related health issues having that shit in your basement. A climate controlled box with dedicated ventilation is one thing, what he's doing is a recipe for disaster.

/end rant
Very interesting lol. Let's just say keep it small. Just for oneself and let the commercial growers worry about the rest. I like to grow but I don't agree with people growing on a commercial scale with like you say mild or other issues, and causing health problems.

Speaking of commercial growers, I did once get to do the public tour of Tweed Farms Smith's Falls greenhouse. At the time they had a bit under 500 thousand square feet of greenhouse space. Best smell EVER!!!. They recently had their license upgraded to over a million square feet and if you know where to drive past you can see the glow from the lights. They are definitely vegging ALOT right now. Sunset is about 4 but the lights are on until about 9 and on again an hour before sunrise.

Speaking of commercial growers, I did once get to do the public tour of Tweed Farms Smith's Falls greenhouse. At the time they had a bit under 500 thousand square feet of greenhouse space. Best smell EVER!!!. They recently had their license upgraded to over a million square feet and if you know where to drive past you can see the glow from the lights. They are definitely vegging ALOT right now. Sunset is about 4 but the lights are on until about 9 and on again an hour before sunrise.
That's awesome. I wish I could just imagine all the equipment they use and everything. Lol I would be dead and in heaven.

That's awesome. I wish I could just imagine all the equipment they use and everything. Lol I would be dead and in heaven.

Yeah, walking through there gave me alot of ideas just for my veggie greenhouse, just as far as layout and such. We're considering adding lights and heaters to ours, the price of produce has gotten absurd, 2 winters worth of veggies just for the kitchen and we'll break even on the investment, and the folks at work are always happy to buy my surplus stuff in season. And if and when I get my post-July artisanal license, will need to be able to grow year-round anyways.

Yeah, walking through there gave me alot of ideas just for my veggie greenhouse, just as far as layout and such. We're considering adding lights and heaters to ours, the price of produce has gotten absurd, 2 winters worth of veggies just for the kitchen and we'll break even on the investment, and the folks at work are always happy to buy my surplus stuff in season. And if and when I get my post-July artisanal license, will need to be able to grow year-round anyways.
That is awesome. I would love to do the same thing and save on produce at the market.

Fun fact, I already somewhat knew my way around the complex when i went. See, it used to be a MAJOR Hershey chocolate factory before operations shut down years back. I and everyone of my generation for about 100km around went there on school field trips at least a dozen times. They had a store where they sold imperfect chocolate in bulk at major discounts, our parents always used to give us money and have us bring home literal bus-loads of sugar.

It tickles my sense of universal harmony that the same place that made something I loved so much as a child, now makes something I love so much as an adult.

Fun fact, I already somewhat knew my way around the complex when i went. See, it used to be a MAJOR Hershey chocolate factory before operations shut down years back. I and everyone of my generation for about 100km around went there on school field trips at least a dozen times. They had a store where they sold imperfect chocolate in bulk at major discounts, our parents always used to give us money and have us bring home literal bus-loads of sugar.

It tickles my sense of universal harmony that the same place that made something I loved so much as a child, now makes something I love so much as an adult.
Lol that's really cool. I wished I would have been able to go there when it was the chocolate factory because I do love my chocolate. Especially when I was young. It's awesome the they turned it into something that benefits people still. Usually places are turned into something stupid like parking lots or something that don't benefit as many people.

I am so upset right now......I was worried about this round after my last combined with what I've been reading, and now it seems my worst fears are realized. All 10 of my autos are preflowering......none of them is more than 15cm tall........I'll be lucky to get enough yield from all 10 combined to pay for the seeds.......Crap King Seeds since they sold are utter shit. Totally wasted my time and money.

Anyone able to recommend a source for seeds located here in Canada? I'm considering trying Doctor Greenthumb from out east, they have a long established reputation, but their website is clunky and a but off-putting.

Sorry to hear about your luck,
I haven't tried the seeds from the place you did but went through True North seed bank, got them shipped to Toronto. My only complaint is they list in US prices so my order was around 80$CAD for 5 Black Cream Auto's from Sweet Seeds (Plus 1 free Cheese Auto from Cunuck Seeds and ! other seed from Sweet). They have a nice selection of seeds tho, the one reasons I went there (couldn't find a supplier of sweet seeds in Canada". if you want to see my results so far with the seeds I got, I Have a plant 60ish days along.

My current grow
Black Cream Auto - DWC - 2017

Sorry to hear about your luck,
I haven't tried the seeds from the place you did but went through True North seed bank, got them shipped to Toronto. My only complaint is they list in US prices so my order was around 80$CAD for 5 Black Cream Auto's from Sweet Seeds (Plus 1 free Cheese Auto from Cunuck Seeds and ! other seed from Sweet). They have a nice selection of seeds tho, the one reasons I went there (couldn't find a supplier of sweet seeds in Canada". if you want to see my results so far with the seeds I got, I Have a plant 60ish days along.

My current grow
Very nice looking plants, and that's the sort of result CKS used to provide. Now they're borderline thieves. Will give True North a look I had heard of them but forgotten them till you jogged my memory, ty.

My only complaint is they list in US prices

My current grow

I was (after alot of poking around) able to change the currency to $CA. Perhaps they changed or updated something since your last order. Going to check if it ends up costing any more or less after conversion.

I was (after alot of poking around) able to change the currency to $CA. Perhaps they changed or updated something since your last order. Going to check if it ends up costing any more or less after conversion.
It actually works out to roughly 2 dollars less after conversion to just pay the USD price......yay US-centric global economics.....

FYI if I disappear, I probably got banned. Admins don't seem to like people telling the truth about sponsors. Idgaf, as fast as they delete I'll repost.

Completely feel your pain with CKS! I know people who have 30 years of growing experience and they warned me about CKS, had to learn the hard way myself!

TrueNorthSeedBank has CANUK seeds on sale for 50% off. Just got 29 seeds for under $200 CDN. I grew out a White Widow freebie of theirs a few times (clones) and they are great!

Old School Breeders Association has some fantastic strains! Running some Ghost Train Haze they sell and it is great smoke with plants easily producing 4 to 6 Oz.

Good luck man!

Yeah I had a nice selection ready to click order with true north last night.....then I saw a 2 packs for one promo for all oasis seeds. Trying to research them but they're ghosts. Anyone know anything about them? Pretty sure their web site is a reskin of true north, style and prices are twins.

Hey EndItAll, may I join you guys in this fantastic journal? Sorry about your luck with CKS... you should have went for a reputable breeder... try hemp depot for online ordering. I get seeds at my local hydro store as its not illegal to sell seeds in Canada currently. Obviously I get seeds from good breeders.

I was actually thinking of starting a not for profit seed bank where you can get free seeds. Good people donate seeds and I would give them away.

Hiya and welcome to the nuthouse. Yeah, I should have learned my lesson by now but mail service where I am is......spotty this time of year. One of the drawbacks of living in the middle of nowhere. I've been using CKS because it's what the head shop in the closest town carries, but I am so over them. If I order now from true north they should make the late January mail delivery.

Back
Top Bottom