Coming along nicely

haha, i didnt even think to smell it... im sure it wont smell like its supposed to, it sure looks like root rot but there is a grey paste between the roots that i havnt seen in other root rot pictures. i thought it might be salt or calcium build up from not using RO water, also the chiller is an air conditioner radiator submerged in the res and white stuff was growing on there for a day or 2... it kinda looked like someone hocked a giant loogie on the chiller, we even added a few mL of some 30% hydrogen peroxide to the res each day.... did i mention this thing was started prematurely??? argh lol

o ya forgot to mention im going to try and remember to turn the lights out in the morning and snap a few with the flash of everything on the floor finishing. i might knock some fan leafs off a plant or 2 tonight. tonight is day 5 of week 8 which is also day 6 of flush

I would think if it was root rot it would have an unmistakable oder you could not avoid. But that just a thought, what the hell do I know, Again great job and I hope someone with a lot more knowledge than I will chime in and tell you exactly what that is. Great job again..

i took a whif, it has an algae smell to it. my dad is home and i suggested flushing and reducing the spray time and increasing the off time. i put the pic up in a seperate post in the help section to hopefully get a few fast responses

i have had roots somthing like that from using my well water now i buy water from a local suplier witch is still from a well but it goes through a 24hr filter system or i get distilled im sure that its the water its all to familiar the peroxiode will help keep using it

i got some good replies in my other thread... it seems the temps inside the pipes were getting too high and allowing pythium (root rot) to grow. im going to keep the res doped with peroxide from now on and change the timer back to 1/5 instead of 2/30 to keep pipe temps down

and i forgot to snap a pic this morning, im going to leave my camera down there to help remind me this time

i took a small bud off last night and got a few pics with the scope, they look just about done. tonight will be the last day for 2 of the plants i think

60x
SDC10275.JPG

100x
SDC10276.JPG

the heads are nice and big, still a few clear ones, the amber will be showing up soon. time for em to come down

the photos are a little decieving, i tried all my lighting settings with no luck... those first few close ups look like the stuff i grew the first time. it was picked so late i dont think there were any milky trichomes left

checking my photo program...

here we go i increased the hue and reduced the saturation... you can see around the edges how the lense to scope doesnt work too well and adds a lot of red
SDC102751.JPG

im going for maximum potency, i will let a little get some amber in it for late night smoke but i like a headdy high. im thinking about leaving one in the dark tonight and harvesting tomorrow.

normally this strain goes for about 60 days to fully mature but with the CO2 in the basement it seems to have sped up... im not completely certain tho so ill just have to sample some of it and decide

Amazing shots using the scope, trying to correct the color can drive you crazy...does me anyway. Good luck with the harvest, your fingers are going to get sooooo sticky!

i only took a leaf off the wheelchair and didnt get a very good pic but there are a few trichomes you can see well, they should be going cloudy real soon.

SDC102781.JPG

Whoa, I know what you mean about wanting to chop, but I've made that mistake before, promised myself not this time:cheesygrinsmiley:

8 weeks and the trich's are still clear?

i guess i should clarify a little more... i put the wheelchair picture up to show clear trichomes...they are still on week 7. and yes they are clear... the kushage has been flushing for about a week and most are milky as you can see in the first few close ups.

just to make it easy on everyone

...this is kushage
...photo is from day 54 of bloom
...a few half clear trichomes left but mostly milky, no amber heads spotted.
...close up of bud
SDC102751.JPG

...this is wheelchair
...photo is from day 48 of bloom
...all clear trichomes
...close up of leaf (sorry bout quality i didnt take a huge cut from the leaf, best i could do)
SDC102781.JPG

i remembererd to turn the lights out this time and i took some nice pics. i think im going to keep one in the dark tonight and harvest early tomorrow. then another is goin in the dark the day after. once the pistils start to turn on the rest ill hack them down.

i sampled some quick dried bud. i was amazed how smooth it is already, good taste and nice strong high. here are the pics for you all to enjoy.

SDC10279.JPG

SDC10280.JPG

SDC10281.JPG

SDC10282.JPG

im really happy how they all turned out, i was really worried about stretching when i switched to 12/12 because they were already huge. it wouldnt have been fun raising the lights and the pipes again. i love how the ones going up the wall lean in and open up while the ones in the center are tight and low with light directly above

you can see the veg section behind the buds. ive been training them to do the same

Whoa! Looking at that crop has my hand cramping up just thinking of the trimming your going to be doing. Wow. Awesome buds. More importantly, the buzz sounds great!

we have a few pairs of the spring action scissors and with some help those can be done in 4 hours. i do like to give one of the buds a conisseur cut just so it looks extra pretty but other than that i give it a quick trim.... we actually have an old electric trimmer somewhere around the house. if i cant find it maybe ill look for one at the grow shop

Back
Top Bottom