Copperrein's 1st Hydro & 3rd Ever Grow: Blueberry Cookies x2 Winter 2020

how to keep buds and cat hair separate
Not possible. They are magnetically drawn to each other. Any good bud photo I have, has at least 1 hair.

I am over it. Smoke it!

Y'all prolly knew this already but salt and rubbing alcohol work amazingly for bong cleaning
IMG_20210223_115053_997.jpg

Yo, Copper. Would you please enlighten me in to your methods for ridding your prized glass of it's impurities? I would greatly appreciate it.

I will undoubtedly be facing the same issues with my glass.

Yo, Copper. Would you please enlighten me in to your methods for ridding your prized glass of it's impurities? I would greatly appreciate it.

I will undoubtedly be facing the same issues with my glass.
I just poured about 1/2c of rubbing alcohol split between upper and lower chamber and then clumsily poured my least favorite salt into both chambers. I held the bong so both openings were closed and the whole thing wasn't going to leave my grasp and I just shook it for less than a minute. I made sure salt got into every random part and just shook it. I think the big salt grains bopping around inside cleans by abrasion. Alcohol cuts the resin. I suspect both together obliterate anything alive trying to set up shop in there.

My only major complaint with this bong is the bottom chamber opposite the downstem. There's a not-perfectly-even spot that holds an air bubble and any smoke my dear future husband leaves in there (he's getting a little bubbler for his birthday so he can have his own hygiene things going on). It gets dirty almost as fast as the bowl.

This salt and rubbing alcohol trick got it.

DSC_0045.jpg

Screwing around with the new light tent ^ but that bottom left chamber that houses the inline perc was amber with black chunks stuck to it. It's gone now. So's any smell. Glad I didn't drop money on some fancy bong cleaning stuff.

Maybe if I am going to drink the bong water...those days went out with the beer funnel. ;)
Last time I did a beer bong was at a friend's wedding in the Navy. Whatever it is when you stand on your hands and drink from the keg until you can't.

I can't even walk upright and drink water now without injury :D

Alrighty....everything is happy. I keep dropping my light an inch each day. We're at 7" as of a few moments ago. Give me a reason why I shouldn't be doing this? Am I lowering my quality or yield in some unseen way?

The plants show zero signs of light-stress. I kinda want to see some since my SF2000 is at 100%. >.>

Res change today (later when the man has gotten out of my way)

Blueberry Cookies day 94
Flower Day 35

Left: pH 5.4 (down .2) 2.854 EC (up) Water level: 9.5" (dropped .5")
Right: pH 5.5 (down .1) EC 2.648 (up) Water level 9" (dropped .5")

@Zayah had asked about my setup so here it is:

IMG_0626.jpg
  • Bottom-most is a white 5-gallon bucket I've painted.​
  • Next is the lid to the bucket with a 6" net pot popped into the lid​
  • Inside of the net pot is an onion bag, coco, and hydroton (this was an oops)​
  • On top of that I begin trying to correct my poor planning:​
  • Styrofoam to LST to AND block light, as well as mylar to further block light.​
  • Pipe cleaners hold stuff down​
It's a pain to do res changes as I have to lift the air stone, roots, and rest of the plant out of one bucket into the new one with fresh solution. I'm sure the weekly stress of messing with the roots isn't doing the plants any favors but this is my first ever indoor grow and first hydro grow so I'll chalk all the oops' up to learning.

IMG_0616.jpg

3rd-ish week of flower with 3-4 left according to the breeder. I think I need more wind next time. My outdoor plants face routine 20mph+ winds with gusts frequently up towards gale forces. These buds look so small and frail. It's freaking me out. Am I messing something up?

IMG_0628.jpg

Shouldn't they be bigger by now no matter what strain?

IMG_0629.jpg
IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

:green_heart: :bong:
Howdy do,

I'm well impressed that you have had no major issues this far down the line. Everythings dialled in nicely . Looking fantabulous also.
Regarding the light being so close. Does it give off much heat your light?
I really only think it would be a problem if it was like a toaster element and cooking the plants. When you think of direct sunlight, it's the UV and infrared wavelengths that burns stuff, like your skin (Im probably wrong)
Do these LED lights have much of those wavelengths? I'm curious to see the results of this experiment,as I may do the same and blast my plants at point blank range.
Loving the pressed leaves :)they are proper veiny. They look like the cabbage leaves in the book.
Nice work anyway.
For your first attempt, it's awesome:thumb:
Actually for any attempt it would be awesome

@Squiggle hey you! I'm pretty amazed, too. The light runs so cool...even the meanwell driver I can leave my hand on no problems. I just got out of the tent looking for that 'sugar spot' @StoneOtter mentioned...I think I found it at 6":

DSC_0069.jpg

Pretty sure this doubled in sugar over the past two days.

aaaand I can't stop taking photos in general it's such a big help and pleasure having a decent camera again. Can't wait until my other gardens are alive so I can sneak in fruit and veg photos :D

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

I have two SF 1000s in my 2x4 and I’ve been putzing with my light meter recently. It looks like the lux @ 45k-65k is right about 7”- 8” (which is what I’ve read is the recommended lux in flowering). It seems so close, but I went ahead and lowered my lights a little bit two days ago. I’m in flower but still in stretch with my Chocodope auto. So far so good. Still scares me a little, but it should be fine......hopefully.

I just got done trying the salt and iso bong cleaning on a couple of bongs just this weekend. Works great - much better and quicker than that bottle they charge you $10 for. I think it cost me less than a dollar for TWO good sized bong cleanings. :high-five:

I have two SF 1000s in my 2x4 and I’ve been putzing with my light meter recently. It looks like the lux @ 45k-65k is right about 7”- 8” (which is what I’ve read is the recommended lux in flowering). It seems so close, but I went ahead and lowered my lights a little bit two days ago. I’m in flower but still in stretch with my Chocodope auto. So far so good. Still scares me a little, but it should be fine......hopefully.

I just got done trying the salt and iso bong cleaning on a couple of bongs just this weekend. Works great - much better and quicker than that bottle they charge you $10 for. I think it cost me less than a dollar for TWO good sized bong cleanings. :high-five:
Oh man...thank you for taking readings. So am I seeing the limit of the lower-end cob lights? I feel like the power output should 'go to 11'. I want to have a 'passing gear'...the power to generate just a little more light than I could ever use.

Yeah, I read an article about what can grow in bongs and had a moment :D

Oh man...thank you for taking readings. So am I seeing the limit of the lower-end cob lights? I feel like the power output should 'go to 11'. I want to have a 'passing gear'...the power to generate just a little more light than I could ever use.

Yeah, I read an article about what can grow in bongs and had a moment :D
Well, I've grown several plants under those lights and usually kept them at 11 to 12 inches from the tops and I've had some really good harvests, so I think you have good gear. ;)

EDIT: I checked both lights this morning and am getting 45k at 11 inches away and 55k at 9 inches away. Those measurements were taken directly under the lights. Hope that helps!

Ladies are good after res change and increase in flower nutes. About 1/32" burn on a handful of tips. I suppose the plants will sort that out by evening.

I sense stretch has ended and I might have kicked myself by dicking around with the light but whatever. I learned that 18" might not be the best distance with the LM301b COB lights. Hoping the colas are gonna get swole last two weeks :D

DSC_0131.jpg

You can see the slightest bit of burn in that leaf upper right. Might not even be nutes, might just be the start of fall colors. Not terribly concerned.

DSC_0134.jpg

I love it when plants get all silvery like Lamb's Ear. Can't wait for Wedding Cake this summer. I see some breeders posting shots of weird shit they create that's not for sale simply because they wont yield worth a damn. I'd love to get my hands on some weird spindly mutant plants with nutzo colors and traits just to possibly see all the genetics that aren't considered prime....stuff people try to breed out.

DSC_0136.jpg

The plants are starting to pull my lids apart so I had to do some emergency pipe cleaner action this morning:

DSC_0137.jpg

Classy!

DSC_0149.jpg

I think the whacking I gave sad clone 1 helped. The new growth looks a little more alive today. Went ahead and removed that last mangled leaf:

DSC_0151.jpg

It's much warmer today and it's driving me crazy....I wanna play in dirt :tommy:

Anyhoo... :green_heart:

Try a bright light behind you or above the bud to give the trichomes an extra shine.

Play with your lighting. I bet your innate artistic sense will squeeze the best out of what you got. ;)

Back
Top Bottom