Copperrein's 1st Hydro & 3rd Ever Grow: Blueberry Cookies x2 Winter 2020

Girls are doing fine. All trichs are still clear so they've got a ways to go.

Still learning the new camera

Cannabis has now improved my life in yet another way: I think I found my passion for photography again :green_heart:
Hey everyone I hope all is well.
Plants r looking great and excellent job on getting them this far. Glad your enjoying the camera and the pictures look amazing. I wish my phots looked half as good. Many different ways to stimulate the mind with these amazing plants and glad your enjoying the process.

(for anyone just joining yes I know my EC is scary. It's working tho so.... Don't rock the boat, baby
Lmao this made me laugh a lot so thanks for that :high-five:

play safe and enjoy

Hey everyone I hope all is well.
Plants r looking great and excellent job on getting them this far. Glad your enjoying the camera and the pictures look amazing. I wish my phots looked half as good. Many different ways to stimulate the mind with these amazing plants and glad your enjoying the process.

Lmao this made me laugh a lot so thanks for that :high-five:

play safe and enjoy
Thank you, Sir! :green_heart:

Holy cow, copper! Your pictures are text book, especially for just exploring your camera. The black back drop adds a dramatic affect and focus on the bud.

The colored lights are kept far enough away that the impact is subtle and sublime, but pops with the black. I am drawn inwards to inspect. Compelling work you are doing, please keep it up.

I was laying bed chatting with the man this morning and I think I found my 'niche': I'm wine mom...but weed instead of wine. I don't have a long history with the plant like many here do, so I feel like an interloper at times (no one has actually made me feel so! Quite the contrary: this is easily the nicest online forum I've had a chance to inhabit.)

The big girls are crawling towards harvest. I'm now checking trichs daily with a loupe. I'm really interested to track my outdoor plants this year so I can see the differences in flower. I feel like this strain was faster outside.

Quick photos from this morning:

And funny you just commented @Patient Puffer ! I paused my post to go find and share some chicken photos just for you :D

My dinosaurs enjoying being able to find grass finally after a few months of winter:

DSC_0278.jpg
DSC_0273.jpg
DSC_0274.jpg
DSC_0280.jpg

Chickens and growing weed kept me sane last year.

Holy cow, copper! Your pictures are text book, especially for just exploring your camera. The black back drop adds a dramatic affect and focus on the bud.

The colored lights are kept far enough away that the impact is subtle and sublime, but pops with the black. I am drawn inwards to inspect. Compelling work you are doing, please keep it up.
That means a lot both because you said it and because I was really feeling like shit over what I assumed was the permanent death of my muse. At least I'm doing something artistic for myself. I can't remember when that happened last. :circle-of-love:

So, chickens as well and collecting eggs shells to dissolve in vinegar? You have been applying this to your vegetable garden?

Do you use brown rice vinegar or white vinegar? My readings are showing that brown rice is preferred over white vinegar, but through all my searching so far, I have yet to find any reasoning why?

Do you have a recommended recipe or measurements? Or is this just an eye ballin' it kinda thang?

How do you store it?

How dilluted is your mixture to apply as a soil drench?

Have you used it as a folair spray?

Excuse the list of questions, but I presently have more questions than answers at this point. :)

-beautiful birds!

So, chickens as well and collecting eggs shells to dissolve in vinegar? You have been applying this to your vegetable garden?

Do you use brown rice vinegar or white vinegar? My readings are showing that brown rice is preferred over white vinegar, but through all my searching so far, I have yet to find any reasoning why?

Do you have a recommended recipe or measurements? Or is this just an eye ballin' it kinda thang?

How do you store it?

How dilluted is your mixture to apply as a soil drench?

Have you used it as a folair spray?

Excuse the list of questions, but I presently have more questions than answers at this point. :)

-beautiful birds!
I use the egg shell sludge by adding it to quick teas I make when I have the notion to (usually when I feel a plant can handle more nutes). I also will randomly add it to my 'Liquid Dirt' hydro veggie and herb nutes when the leaves get janky.

My teas are nothing more than myco-laden grass mulch from the middle of the pile and whatever other gross organic stuff I have collected (animal poo, food, garden waste) which I let sit until they appear to be alive (I do this in 5 gallon buckets normally but might build a 55 gallon dedicated 'fermenter' or whatever). There's no real recipe. I go by smell, color, and activity. If it goes too far and smells not ok...onto the mulch the whole thing goes.

Storage is just outside in the bucket with the lid placed on top but not snapped down. Two years ago I left a lid off and starling died :<

I've really only read up on KNF rice starters. There's a great site out of Hawaii that has loads of KNF info and recipes. The idea behind it is you use local microbes as your inoculant which is cultured on white rice if I recall. You work with local species of molds, fungus, microbes, etc since they're already perfect for the grow environment having evolved and set up shop in it.

Not 100% what you and Nutty seem to be after but that's all I know :D You two should open a brewery or nute company. I love reading y'alls posts. I don't always understand what's going on but some of it sinks in.

Since I'm here now doing journals I'll actually record all I do this year. I wonder if my therapist will accept a grow journal as the sort of journaling I'm supposed to be doing for her? :D

They're dinosaurs :p

Do you have any roosters? Roosters make some really wicked evil growls and roars. I love my roos more than the ladies, I think. They're just so powerful and intense. I never understood how people could get all hot and bothered over show dogs and horses....but I do now.

So I have a really nice 25x jeweler's loupe that I cannot find of course. I found some student-grade 10x in a box of rusty knife parts and figured I might be able to build a small scope with it an some random telescope/gun scope optics I have left over.

View media item 1817204
I'm dicking about when all of the sudden my brain goes "hey...I bet that thing would fit into that other thing just perfectly:

View media item 1817205
So I take the loupe apart, modify one side and boom...it fits into the little recess around the camera hole in my silicone tablet sheath:

View media item 1817206
View media item 1817207
View media item 1817208
View media item 1817209
View media item 1817210
And the resulting images:

I have a Lenovo M8? tablet. Whatever's the cheapest model in that line. It was $80-ish if I recall so anyone with any other tablet will probably get way better photos :D

Thank you for the information.

Janky? I love that word. Haha.

Yes on the dino reference. Their reptile-like feet give themselves away. :) "...nearest living relative to the T-Rex".

Affirmative on the rice/petri dish thing. I have read and reread that thread. I wonder how important it is to use a wooden box? Would a tupperware work just as well? Have done the "indigenous microbe harvest" before? How do you use it? Added in to soil? ...on top? Added in to your teas?

I will leave you alone for the day after this, I swear! ;)

So I have a really nice 25x jeweler's loupe that I cannot find of course. I found some student-grade 10x in a box of rusty knife parts and figured I might be able to build a small scope with it an some random telescope/gun scope optics I have left over.

View media item 1817204
I'm dicking about when all of the sudden my brain goes "hey...I bet that thing would fit into that other thing just perfectly:

View media item 1817205
So I take the loupe apart, modify one side and boom...it fits into the little recess around the camera hole in my silicone tablet sheath:

View media item 1817206
View media item 1817207
View media item 1817208
View media item 1817209
View media item 1817210

I have a Lenovo M8? tablet. Whatever's the cheapest model in that line. It was $80-ish if I recall so anyone with any other tablet will probably get way better photos :D
:bravo: What a great idea!!!

View media item 1817204

View media item 1817205

View media item 1817206
View media item 1817207
View media item 1817208
View media item 1817209
View media item 1817210

Flippin Awesome!!!! Gobsmacked at how well it's focused..proper macguyver job
You need to sell them :laugh: it's the simple ideas that have the greatest results..
I'm going to copy your idea if you don't mind. I don't think I have the finesse to seat it properly like you did. I'm more of a Duct tape and crazy glue kind a guy.

Thank you for the information.

Janky? I love that word. Haha.

Yes on the dino reference. Their reptile-like feet give themselves away. :) "...nearest living relative to the T-Rex".

Affirmative on the rice/petri dish thing. I have read and reread that thread. I wonder how important it is to use a wooden box? Would a tupperware work just as well? Have done the "indigenous microbe harvest" before? How do you use it? Added in to soil? ...on top? Added in to your teas?

I will leave you alone for the day after this, I swear! ;)

I started a culture in 2019 but an animal dug the whole thing up. I used one of my sand-casting boxes which I think are either poplar or basswood (linden for the UKers). I figure welding up a small steel 'shark cage' with a hasp and sinking that into some surface humus out in the woods might do better around here. I'm not sure what lives on Hawaii but I'm fairly certain they don't have white tail deer :D

Oh hey...question for you: I keep seeing people cloning in agars but it's somehow different...like a tissue culture more than a rooting. Know what that's about?

Flippin Awesome!!!! Gobsmacked at how well it's focused..proper macguyver job
You need to sell them :laugh: it's the simple ideas that have the greatest results..
I'm going to copy your idea if you don't mind. I don't think I have the finesse to seat it properly like you did. I'm more of a Duct tape and crazy glue kind a guy.
Please steal and share freely! If I turned this into a product half the fun of it would be lost.

It does make me wonder what I could do with the other optical parts and pieces I have hoarded.

Please steal and share freely! If I turned this into a product half the fun of it would be lost.

It does make me wonder what I could do with the other optical parts and pieces I have hoarded.
Thanks.. I bet you could cobble together a manual focus and zoom attachment out of gun scopes

Oh!! Ive made mine:rofl:

Taaaaadaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Screenshot_20210301-185850.jpeg
Screenshot_20210301-185910.jpeg
patent pending:p

Screenshot_20210301-185924.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom