Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

Actually that's a hell of a good read and the sativa's kicking in. I'll risk the hand slap for this one. Gets real good at the end.
Truth About Ionic Silver
Now I'm just too stoned to figure out how to save it as an image :loopy:

Hurry up and post before a mod comes :shhh: Mods who we love btw :circle-of-love:

Ok after more research I'm leaning toward no real difference. We've seen people make their own and it works. We've seen people use the same bottled stuff as you and I and it works. I've used CS on an STS schedule and it worked awesome lol. The parameters of all the current techniques seem extremely loose to me. Perhaps so much so they could be re-written to an extent. So for the moment my conclusion is Ionic is a word that should stay beyond thunderdome* where it belongs. I'm thinking the silver just needs to be in a form where it can enter the plant cells. There it can block the ethylenes that dictate the pollen sex... YES there it is! Thank you Sativa!! Been in a hybrid and indica fog for days lol.
So anyways. I almost forgot :laughtwo: now I'm back to questioning that particular bottle. Still say more time as well.

:passitleft:

this is what i used

it says +ionic. is that a problem?

fsColloidal_silver_1.jpg

I used the same brand for my 1st seed project and it worked fine (50ppm).

I used it on my 2nd project and pods formed, but the pollen was sterile (I think this was genetic related).

Reported Post by Curly Beaver

This is exactly what I used successfully at a 3:1 ratio (90ml distilled water and 30ml CS, 4 oz. total) several months ago.
I just mixed up a new batch and am using it again on two more clones, a Kosher Kush and an Amherst Sour Diesel. I spraying them twice a day for 4 days while still in 18/6 and moved them to 12/12 yesterday and cut back spraying them to once a day.
this is what i used

it says +ionic. is that a problem?

fsColloidal_silver_1.jpg

HH referred to 40 ml..:Namaste:

I still haven't got a grasp of the formula you used, but assuming you are correct, and 40 is the correct number, was I a bit to low?

the way I did it was I figured if I increased the volume 4 times what I start with by adding the water, I should end up with 1/4 the strength. and actually quoted it as 60 last page. now I'm really confused :thedoubletake:

I'll use it full strength to get the stuff to work if I have to. This is crucial to keep my Widow going. I'm bummed.

Next grow 2 clones of her are on deck to try again.

I still haven't got a grasp of the formula you used, but assuming you are correct, and 40 is the correct number, was I a bit to low?

the way I did it was I figured if I increased the volume 4 times what I start with by adding the water, I should end up with 1/4 the strength. and actually quoted it as 60 last page. now I'm really confused :thedoubletake:

I'll use it full strength to get the stuff to work if I have to. This is crucial to keep my Widow going. I'm bummed.

Next grow 2 clones of her are on deck to try again.
Can I try to help Hash Hound? I like simple, the simpler the better:thumb:

Say you want a 3:1 water to 240ppm Concentrated Collodial Silver Solution which is what I use. You can make it however concentrated you want but that ratio remains the same)

You're gonna have a total of 4 parts when you're all in and all done, this doesn't change either.

So how much do you want to make? I make 4 ounces at a time so I measure in ounces but it doesn't matter if you choose teaspoonsful, ounces, cups..whatever, you use 3 parts water and 1 part C.S. for a total of 4 parts...... choose whatever unit of measure you want but that ratio remains the same.

So if I make 4 ounces at a time, I use 3 parts distilled water and 1 ounce of the concentrated stock solution.

Another example:
I want a 1:2 Gin & Tonic :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have a shot glass handy so that'll be my unit of measure.

I'll use 1 shot glass of Gin and 2 shots of Tonic.

(can't add ice though as that would change the ratio as it melts:laughtwo: )

Wait. What? :straightface: Dilution is for STS and home made CS. Bottled CS should be used in it's bottled form. I did just wake up so maybe I missed something. Have people been diluting bottled CS?

I was referring to the Concentrated 240ppm solution as shown in the photos above but maybe I'm not on the right page. I will specify that in the above post. Hope I didn't goof up anyone up.

What is the concentration of the "bottled" Colloidal Silver Solution you are using Gypsy?

I was referring to the Concentrated 240ppm solution as shown in the photos above but maybe I'm not on the right page. I will specify that in the above post. Hope I didn't goof up anyone up.

What is the concentraion of the Collodial Silver Solution you are using Gypsy?

Thanks! :phew: I was freakin' out man. 50ppm. Works almost as well as STS.

Thank you so much. I'm going to try this during the summer, when my grows will be down, starting about June 1st. Hoping I can do it with cfls or t5s ?

Sure. It might take a little longer for mature seeds so you may want to push your seeded girls an extra few weeks.

If it was 240 ppm I would think you could, it's no different than making STS really, but maybe that's it. :hmmmm: A fresh bottle might be in order even if I am baffled as to why, short of too much dilution. The only other thing I've noticed with extended spraying is it seems like no one gets any flowers until well after they have stopped. Usually a week or two. A few have taken almost four.

Back
Top Bottom