Crimson Grows

The tent seems happy but i‘m having a real hard time with cloning. Some kind of fungal shit is making cloning impossible. I use sterile peat and all my equipments are getting sterilized with ethanol before taking cuts etc. It’s really fucking up my mojo right now. I hope i can fix it asap.

17EF3F6D-9CE6-4FD8-9FED-FBD602F4A2FB.jpeg5934054C-53D2-4792-A3C8-DB860F8482A2.jpeg4CC47271-086E-4789-926C-453E1034B715.jpeg72FA3A01-FC58-4D9F-B5E6-15C4C94C3FE9.jpeg

I was killing cuttings like crazy for a while and scratching my head with it.
Then realised my vey tent was on 16/8 lights. Clones need at least 18 they reckon. My veg is on 20/4 now and a few survivors are making it.
Had to kick myself because I was looking at everything except the light that I was using to look at everything with. :rolleyes:
If you want some help troubleshooting your method sing out.

I was killing cuttings like crazy for a while and scratching my head with it.
Then realised my vey tent was on 16/8 lights. Clones need at least 18 they reckon. My veg is on 20/4 now and a few survivors are making it.
Had to kick myself because I was looking at everything except the light that I was using to look at everything with. :rolleyes:
If you want some help troubleshooting your method sing out.

yeah i tried many schedules man. I got 2 tents side by side onewas getting 24hrs on and the other was 2/2. It’s a schedule i sometimes use with my bonsai. 2hrs on 2hrs off. 12 hrs total but keeps them flower-free. Trying both. I have been killing it a couple of months ago. My last clone run was 100%. I take cuts, leave them in aloe water over night and just stick them into peat with a humidity dome. liftin the dome everyday for air circulation and leaving the thingy on top cracked a bit. Besides late rooting, the rooted clones are dying. This has never happened to me before. The growth tips are just going brown or black and sometimes fuzzy and limp and lifeless and dead. Fuck it’s a sad sight! I‘m giving them something called amanitha from agrobacterias now, i’m not even sure if you‘re supposed to give this to clones but i need to experiment. It’s a microbial innoculant to suppress fusarium and botyrtis etc. I hope it works. I’m open to suggestions by the way.

finally today 2 of my clones are looking a bit better. Now these 2 i talk about were taken like 3 weeks ago and they had roots and were transplanted into solo pots. I transplanted like 10-12 total and if these 2 can make it a total of 4 will be left out of that 12 which is fucking abysmal. The others just wilted and lost colour and turned to mush. Sad sight to see. But after a couple applications of amanitha (agrobacterias) and propolix (some propolis based antifungal) now those 2 seem better and there is actual detectable growth which makes me happy. I’m backing of the antifungal treatment for a couple of days because i don’t want to stress them more.
as for my second batch of clones, they are green and firm and i’ve been applying the same antifungal treatment to them also and for now they seem ok with it. I hope this batch gives me a better success rate because if i can’t clone my genetics i’m in danger of losing some beautiful plants forever and that would hurt. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
i’m gonna upload some pics. It’s dark time now in the clone tent. I’m giving them 2/2 so they get 12hrs total but they don’t flower.

I love how green your tent is! Everything looks to be in order! Your doing great crimson!!

thanks man, i’m really happy with their current state. let’s see if i can maintain this. Last time i ran these 3 strains lost about 70% of my yield to mold. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed in deed! It’s terrible losing any amount of product!!

yeah that shit was on me tho, i went away for a 15 day vacation in the last 2 weeks. Shitty call! This time i’m gonna be much more careful and also quarantine haha

Tiny bit of yellowing on the NL x DC cross. On the new growth. I’m gonna feed it some kelp and aminos in a couple of days and maybe some molasses too. other than that, everything seems fine for now. NL kinda caught up. It could have been as big as the Dinachem if i haven’t stunted it with transplant shock but c’est la vie!

EF82635E-60A8-4665-B749-1B5965A863B3.jpeg811E20F6-FC8D-4E25-A82B-A1A2A89DD76D.jpeg
nl
C77CF61C-DDF0-4811-BCF5-051934989528.jpeg

dc
0C3CF238-EEBF-4F0E-A270-270C9C44A365.jpeg

nl x dc
D2CD50AB-F6D1-47FF-A983-D2915D80DB55.jpeg

blue kush
E830CF04-4139-4FEC-B17D-CD980E04D67A.jpeg

Hey Crimson. Followed you here from the who let the dogs out thread. I'm excited about growing Dinachem for my first indoor grow (still in veg). I will catch up on your journal tonight. I'm really interested in the breeding you are doing and how you've gone about it

welcome man.
Dina is the bomb. I purchased a single seed from dinafem and it’s just one of the best cannabis i’ve ever smoked. I even selfed it and grew out like 5 from seed. I’m keeping my original mother because it’s just too good to lose but the offspring was equally sick. There was even a full fluffy pheno, foxtailed as.. well as a foxs tail i guess but it had an amazing high nevertheless. Wish i cloned that one too. Well i got about a 1000 more seeds so it’s all good.
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
as for breeding i’m using sts because it’s much simpler than cs ime. I’m gonna reverse the nl in the near future (as soon as i’m done cloning). I’ll post that up too.

Nice time lapse snapshots CE. Good to see a solid canopy. :yummy:

Such resilient plants you gotta wonder hpw we growers manage to fuck it up once in a while lol
Yeah definitely missed this. Have been doing smaller pots and more plants but i like 4 plants in big pots haha

dinachem is looking amazing. just want to drop you some beautiful pics. Others are fine too. Some burn on the tips of the dc x nl cross but i think it’s wind burn and some root problems. My blumat pressure reducer shit the bed and the tray got flooded, thankfully it dripped slowly so i caught in time but the tray was filled with water and i said “yeah i’m gonna let them wick it back up to see what happens”. NL never looked better but the cross seems unhappy about it. Anyway i’m sure it’s gonna get over it slowly.

anyway here’s some pure positivity

1D59446C-503A-477B-89FB-7A3D42A74223.jpeg
6FE849CB-2DBA-4F51-9DC0-16E024D57C68.jpeg

I’m counting today as the start of the third week in flower. I flipped at the 3th but they transitioned a bit late. In 14 day pics it’s clear that they are a week in the flowering. that helps me as all this is growing from cuts. Dinachem will need 70-75 days, Blue Kush and NL 60-65. Let’s see how long it’ll take for the cross finish.

2CC7AA7C-105E-4BB7-8F39-F62C8A556892.jpeg
1026C8E9-87FD-4288-976A-9DC1B351DF07.jpeg
18A0B3AE-F222-4565-B83B-404D97BD2613.jpeg
D87BAE2B-DBBE-4AD7-9E96-92304748AAF0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom