Croatsan's - DWC - Amnesia Haze - 2 x 400W - ScrOG - Journal - 2016

Those windshield covers do the trick. I velcro them around my 5 gal dwc and cut a circle with a slit in it for the top. Cuts light leaks and heat.
Beautiful tub o roots man. Beautiful

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Those roots look wonderful! And the Redneck AC is pretty clever. I tried putting ice him my cool mist humidifier. It did lower the room temp but raised the humidity too high. Did you try your RN AC in your grow room yet?

Day 56:

Day 29 in flower. 600ppm gave them a slight nute burn, but barely noticeable, so I hadn't intervened. During a couple of days it dropped, gradually, to 450 ppm. They are, indeed, light feeders. Funny thing is that pH remained stable, @5.5 all the time. I was expecting some pH swings, but it didn't happen. And that is, usually, a good sign. In spite of the increased dosage, they're absorbing the nutes proportionally. No nute lock in sight.

Still stretching, but the stretch is slowly, but inevitably, coming to an end. I've been able to tuck a few more branches, but that's about it. I still have about quarter of a screen empty and that is something I really didn't expect. Perhaps it's because I've kept the lights as close as I possibly could, even to the point of giving them a slight light burn.

On the other hand, I'm comforting myself that bigger stretch doesn't, necessarily, translates into more bud. It's the internodal space which increases, not the actual number of nodes. That's the theory, at least. :)

I never grew a sativa-dominant strain before and, probably, got a bit worried about all the stories of sativas growing out of control. Well, this ones certainly didn't live up to the expectations. I was convinced that, with three plants, the screen would completely fill up.

But the buds are doing great. Even at this early stage, they're hard and compact. Even the ones below the net, not yet exposed to a direct light. And they drink a lot. Around 6 liters (a gallon and a half) daily. In spite of all the fan leaves being pruned, and the undergrowth thoroughly cleaned up .

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my RH stays at 48-50% all the time. Where does all that water go?

The only thing that comes to mind is my 425m3/h extraction fan. It's nearly a 150m3/h overkill, but IMO, it shows the importance of having a strong airflow.

Suction power, baby! All the way! :)

09_09_1.jpg

09_09_2.jpg

09_09_3.jpg

09_09_4.jpg

See you in a couple of days.

Day 64:

Day 37 in flower. Things have slowed down a bit. No more stretching. The smell is overwhelming. Buds are developing nicely. Hard and compact, with frost all over them.

Lower leaves are yellowing. I guess that's because they're not directly exposed to light and the plants are redirecting the energy to the more photo active areas.

Still below 500ppm. Right now @430. Temperatures are lower and the summer is over. Finally, the weather works in my favor. Temperature at the tops is 29 Celsius (84F). Res temps are 24-25 Celsius (75-77F). RH is 48%. Still drinking around 6 liters (a gallon and a half) daily.

Still two months to go.

17_09_1.jpg

17_09_3.jpg

17_09_4.jpg

See you in a week.

Great grow. Ill sit back and watch:cheer::Namaste:

I'm gonna build a new reservoir for the next grow. I was thinking of making it out of those portable cooling units, the ones you put ice packs in to keep the beverages cool. They work on the principle of a thermos bottle and should keep the res temps stable. I just have to find one big enough, 40 liters (10 gallons).

Hey bro, the easiest way to build an insulated reservoir is simply buy two of the 40-gallon containers...they stack with a reasonable air space in between. Then fill the bottom one with styrofoam packing peanuts just enough so the upper tub compresses them somewhat when added. I also place several pieces of wood across the bottom of the lower container at the correct height so as to give some support to the bottom of the upper container when filled with water, and pour the styrofoam bits around them. If you do it right it works as good as any insulation to keep the nute temp from fluctuating. I'm not sure warmer nutes hurt much, the more critical issue with heat is air temp...my main issue is keeping the reservoir warm in winter and an insulated reservoir helps to keep the aquarium heater from running so much.

Your grow looks good. Peace. Hyena

Day 68:

Roots are fine and thriving. Temperature is down, res temps are around 22-23 Celsius (73F).

Half of the res volume are roots. Over twenty liters of it. Now, I have to use only half of the liquid, and that means half of the nutes.

Another benefit of big roots - developing a solid root mass in the beginning, can save you money down the road on nutes :)

21_09_1.jpg

21_09_2.jpg

21_09_3.jpg

See you soon.

Back
Top Bottom