Cultivators Underwater DWC 9KW

Hey guys/girls its been a while!

Ok so due to some serious matters i may not be free for too much longer so i have decided to show a larger grow. It wont do any harm i guess lol.

So what do we have?

This will be a journal where no question is a stupid question. Feel free to get involved, share your experiences. Maybe your a noob needing help or some guidance or maybe your experienced and want to tell me im wrong, or maybe you just like watching people grow weed. Its all good, we learn by sharing. I get excited at times and i make no apologies for that, its who i am, but i try to be respectful and open minded so please try to be the same :)

strain: Unknown, from a mother that origins unknown, looks sativa dominant but def a hybrid
indica/sativa: ^^ ^^
flower time: we'll go with 8-9 weeks but will keep an eye on it
indoor/outdoor: INDOOR
grow space: i think its 5m x 6m off the top of my head (flower room)
medium: clay pebbles
nutes: CANNA AQUA, and CANNA line.
lighting: 15x 600w hps, digital ballasts, batwing reflectors
growing experience: MORE THAN 10 YEARS OF CONTINOUS GROWING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER
germination: cuttings from unknown mother
hydro/soil: Recirculating Deep Water Culture

I have i 30 site RDWC sytem. DIY build. 27.5 litre buckets. 40mm pipe work. 3 1000lph pumps circulating nutes. 2 large air pumps feeding 16 airstones each. 1 3000lph pump for hailea 500A chiller. 6" net pots.

The cuttings have just been transplanted and a couple have died as they were small cuttings. Tiny compared to the cuttings i would usually use. I also have spider mite which must have came in on the cuttings, but its under control now. Tried using the sns mite spray i recieved in motm comp but didnt work at all. I then used plant vitallity mixed at 25ml/l which def works. The cuttings have been in 2 weeks but are still small due to stress and mites.

For those that know me, you will already know i operate on a fast turn around. However this grow is different. Its provided me with several probs so thought i'd document this rather than a perfect grow. The small cuts and mites already have me 2 weeks behind schedule, id usually flip after 2 weeks. I was going to show another grow and i may still but thought if i show probs its better learning experience for everyone. Veg on this could get to 5 weeks. I have about 12 large plants in there that were transplanted from coco due to a fuck up on cuts (thats what happens when u rely on 3rd parties!) but they will be fine. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong on this one, thats what makes it more interesting for the viewers haha

The room is double vacuum sealled with a 12" airforce 2 fan extracting and filtered by 2 12" rhino carbon filters which are connected via a y-piece. Intake is 3 6" duct from outside. Room works on negative pressure so no fans blowing air into the room. 4 oscillating fans to move air around. 3 rows of 5 lights mounted on pulley systems to make raising and lowering lights simple.

Room temps are around 80f with 6 lights running but weather has been unusually warm creating probs. humity was at 30rh but have it around 50rh now. still a little low but it will work.

There is currently 620lires water running through system and nute mix is as follows:

Canna Aqua Vega A+B 1240ml
Rhizotonic 2000ml
AN Piranaha 300ml
Carboload 700ml
Voodoo Juice 1200ml
Cannazym 1700ml

Water temps 65f.

so thats all the details i can think of. I will upload pics tomorro. hope everyone enjoys the ride ;)

wow front row seat to cults new journal:) :popcorn: subbed for sure.

thanks for stopping by my journal always love to hear your comments and suggestions.

:Namaste:

Oh Hell yeah!!!

I'm glued to this one!

Good to see ya back killin it C!

:adore:

sorry for lack of updates guys. and welcome to everyone.

I need to get a new camera as its not working for some reason so will get pics up in couple days. Having real drama with the room at the mo. Tackled the spider mite so things were looking up. But i have a guy that sort of looks after the room wen i cant be there. the duct work managed to come off the 12" airforce 2 fan and fan was hanging from ceiling on full blast blowing red hot air around the room! had to have been like that for atleast 48hours and the idiot didnt feel the need to contact me or put it right. so wen i turned up there were several baked plants and room temps of 125f and water temps of 100f!!!!!!

so ive fixed the issues but not sure if we'll have enough survivors to warrant finishing the grow using the system. I will still be do the grow but might have to start from scratch.

Headaches :( But what doesnt break u only makes u stronger as they say........

Ouch, that bites... hmmm, have you tried training your grow sitters with cattle prods and/or those shocking dog collars for big dogs? *wicked chuckle*

I've seen you post several times about having to depend on others and how they often lack common sense or dependability. This post just reinforces those previous ones. Man, I seriously wonder sometimes if we didn't have cushy technology, where would we be as a species on the food chain now? lol.

Sorry the area got baked, hopefully you get some survivors, but wouldn't there be a bigger chance of hermies with all the heat stress? Just curious, still learning and trying to consolidate all the theory and the....hmmmm... diverse viewpoints on this plant from different cultivators, breeders and doctors/scientists. I find cannabis to be a fascinating plant, but the documentation on it can be a bit contradictory or sometimes flaky when published at all. So, if this could push to higher hermaphroditic tendencies, then is there something you do to counter that, or push the odds back to being in favor of a straight female and not going herm?

Thanks for the insight and again, sorry about the idiot grow sitter.

Back
Top Bottom