Dad's Journal

Enjoying

I am posting this grow but it is my dads. He will send me pictures via text and I will get them on this asap. If questions arise there may be a few day delay as sometimes he doesn't answer his texts for days and then I am playing middle man.

He's growing GG4 from Ethos, GG4 from Expert Seeds, LA Confidential - I am not sure of the breeder as it was a freebie for me and Critical Purple Kush again not sure of breeder. Anyways, I will refer to LA Confidential as LAC and Critical Purple Kush as CPK from now on.

Lac2.jpg

This is the LAC

Lst start.jpg

This is the beginning of the LST of GG4 from Ethos

Start 1.2.jpg

Same day close up GG4 Ethos LST

Start 1.3.jpg

Close up of what would be the main cola

P2.jpg

I think this is LAC after a trim but it could be CPK after a trim

P1trim.jpg

GG4 from Expert no LST after a trim. It may be CPK. Trying to get clear info on what is what is a little tricky as he sends like 10 pictures at a time then tells me what they are and Idk if they come through in order.

Up to date.jpg

Up to date. LST = GG4 from Ethos. Bottom right is LAC. Top left is GG4 from Expert. Top right is CPK. I could be mixing the top two up.

I am posting this grow but it is my dads. He will send me pictures via text and I will get them on this asap. If questions arise there may be a few day delay as sometimes he doesn't answer his texts for days and then I am playing middle man.

He's growing GG4 from Ethos, GG4 from Expert Seeds, LA Confidential - I am not sure of the breeder as it was a freebie for me and Critical Purple Kush again not sure of breeder. Anyways, I will refer to LA Confidential as LAC and Critical Purple Kush as CPK from now on.

Lac2.jpg

This is the LAC

Lst start.jpg

This is the beginning of the LST of GG4 from Ethos

Start 1.2.jpg

Same day close up GG4 Ethos LST

Start 1.3.jpg

Close up of what would be the main cola

P2.jpg

I think this is LAC after a trim but it could be CPK after a trim

P1trim.jpg

GG4 from Expert no LST after a trim. It may be CPK. Trying to get clear info on what is what is a little tricky as he sends like 10 pictures at a time then tells me what they are and Idk if they come through in order.

Up to date.jpg

Up to date. LST = GG4 from Ethos. Bottom right is LAC. Top left is GG4 from Expert. Top right is CPK. I could be mixing the top two up.
Dad is doing well

It looks like he's finding his groove.

Tell him the ladies look excellent.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Screenshot sent to him. He'll enjoy the encouragement.

He sent more pics today that I will get up in the next few days. Time for sleep so I can go to work tmrw but then I am off til 4pm Tuesday.

123_1.1.jpg

I think this is the untrained GG

Gg4lst.jpg

LST'd GG

LAC.CPK.jpg

This is either LAC or CPK

Lac2.jpg

LAC

Posttrim gg4.jpeg

Untrained GG after a trim and it looks like he may have added some soil.

Posttrim gg4lst.jpg

Post trim LST GG

PosttrimCPK.jpg

Post trim CPK

Posttrimx4.jpg

Post trim all four of them(GG4, LAC and CPK)

X3.jpg

All four are here but you can really only see three. The trained GG on the left in the back.

To be continued.... though I am unsure if the last two really matter. I am posting anyways dammit!

Posttrim gg4.jpeg

Vine.jpg

I think this is what would have been the top cola if it had not been trained.

Side.jpg

Side view

Above.jpg

View from above

Q1.jpg

The damaged piece is what would be the main cola - he broke it.

The question here is, should he cut off what the scissors are pointing too?

He LST'd the plant instead of quad lining because he figured it wouldn't slow the growth down like topping can and being as he hasn't used either technique before he's unsure what to cut. I linked him the quad line (#quadsquad) for reading purposes to see if he could get his question answered there but it doesn't seem he could.

When I look at the pictures on the first page of that thread I come up with don't cut all the branches as you can see there are quite a few there but maybe cut the branches that come off those branches. I could be totally wrong though.

Q2.jpg

This is a different area of the same plant. The question is the same. Is this to be cut? I have never used this technique so I don't have any experience, but my thought is depending on when it emerged maybe. Like if it emerged around the same time as the one in the picture above but is this size yes cut it. Another thought is, it is a branch off a branch so cut it. Another is, it's small and may only be larf, CUT IT! Another is, if the plant is overall flat/even and it isn't blocking light or airflow leave it.

Back
Top Bottom