Daily use of marijuana raises risk of heart disease by 34%

I can virtually guarantee this "study" is complete bullshit bought and paid for by some pharmaceutical company.

it's a - talk to your doctor about - in the making :rofl:

There are no links to heart disease nor lung disease associated with cannabis use.

everything i've seen suggests the same, to the point there may be less association with cancers / lung disease than those who abstain. thc in particular is suspected to be predatory to cancer cells.

You clearly must have ADD where speed slows you down.

me in spades. lol.
everything speedy used to have the opposite effect on me initially. i have steep adhd.

i keep it in check with a mild thc pill regimen now.

i also take cbd pills, both to regulate the thc pill, and for other things. i make them as separate pills so i can vary dosage if needed on either.

Well Damn, I'm sure hoping this is BS!!!

if you keel over we'll have a closer look.

in the meantime rib night might be the greater danger.

The study — which has not yet been published -—
This tells me everything I need to know. Please let me know when it has been accepted for publication and peer review. They are a long ways away from that stage though, and reading about this study informs us that they still plan on doing all sorts of clinical studies and investigations to further their study. All anecdotal evidence right now indicates that exactly the opposite of their premise is true, so I expect this study to meet enthusiastic opposition if it ever is placed out for review.
To call this present study science is to misunderstand the term, for this is just one step in the scientific inquiry about any correlation with heart disease and cannabis. Proven science only happens at the end of this process, and we are apparently years away from any conclusions being formed. In the meantime, I counted no less than 20 PhDs and candidates involved in the project and at least 10 different institutes of higher learning and medicine, all making a living and getting rich on this study. Good for them, a degree should be able to earn you some money. This is a government funding give away, intended to reward those who play within the system.

Burn one for me
Truth be told...I took one of my new capsules of Cococanna oil. I used the oldest growth from Blue Cheese and made some oil, but.....you remember me bragging about my outdoor cooking box, well...it caught fire, again, so I made a new one and added metal to set it back some more....not enough, it caught fire...so I was a bit worried about my oil!!! :nervous-guy:
But, Happy to report "It's workin' GOOOOOOOD, real Good!!":ciao::slide::ciao:
I'm goin' to bed now....save my heart!!!:nervous-guy:

This tells me everything I need to know. Please let me know when it has been accepted for publication and peer review. They are a long ways away from that stage though, and reading about this study informs us that they still plan on doing all sorts of clinical studies and investigations to further their study. All anecdotal evidence right now indicates that exactly the opposite of their premise is true, so I expect this study to meet enthusiastic opposition if it ever is placed out for review.
To call this present study science is to misunderstand the term, for this is just one step in the scientific inquiry about any correlation with heart disease and cannabis. Proven science only happens at the end of this process, and we are apparently years away from any conclusions being formed. In the meantime, I counted no less than 20 PhDs and candidates involved in the project and at least 10 different institutes of higher learning and medicine, all making a living and getting rich on this study. Good for them, a degree should be able to earn you some money. This is a government funding give away, intended to reward those who play within the system.

We get it. You don't trust science unless it validates your unscientific opinion. The study will be published on Monday. It doesn't need to be peer reviewed to be credible.

But what will you say when it does become peer reviewed? I predict pure silence or continued disbelief.

Really super legit Bad news for daily tokers -

Using marijuana every day can raise a person’s risk of coronary artery disease, or CAD, by a third compared with those who never partake, a new study found.

“A growing body of evidence suggests that cannabis is not entirely without harm and may actually cause cardiovascular disease,” said lead study author Dr. Ishan Paranjpe, a resident physician at Stanford University. The study — which has not yet been published -— will be presented Sunday at the annual meeting of the American College of Cardiology.

“Thus, the decision to use cannabis must be carefully weighed against the potential for serious heart disease,” Paranjpe said.

They found a substance in soybeans that might prevent this. Hopefully the soy milk I've been drinking helped a little. Not sure if it works that way. Maybe getting blazed every day isn't such a great idea?

So cannabis might be able to heal the heart chakra @Sister Vee

But it's actually damaging the physical heart according to medical science.
Good evening give thanks...Body Wisdom dictates that there are no ECS receptors on the Cardiac & Respiratory cells in the brain stem....this is just one of the reasons for the high safety margin of the plant. When using plant medicine the active ingredients lets go straight for THC....acts as a partial agonist at the ECS receptors....synthetics on the other hand act as FULL agonists and are upto 800 times stronger than phytocannabinoids. You will never ever have a cardiac arrest even when pigging out on plant THC, but the same cannot be said of synthetics..know your grower!

We get it. You don't trust science unless it validates your unscientific opinion. The study will be published on Monday. It doesn't need to be peer reviewed to be credible.

But what will you say when it does become peer reviewed? I predict pure silence or continued disbelief.
That's easy. I will have continued disbelief until multiple independent studies result in the same conclusions, especially with a study that seems to contradict anecdotal evidence. I put this in the same basket as I do those studies that conclude that the earth is flat. One study does not make science, it only starts us on the path.

That's easy. I will have continued disbelief until multiple independent studies result in the same conclusions, especially with a study that seems to contradict anecdotal evidence. I put this in the same basket as I do those studies that conclude that the earth is flat. One study does not make science, it only starts us on the path.
There’s billions of dollars in making weed illegal and harmful to our health. Until society and the government get their heads out of their asses there will always be studies of the great harm of cannabis. Imho CL🍀

I can guarantee this study is being funded by entities that stand to profit by spreading propaganda that cannabis is harmful.
Therefore I personally couldn't careless what their conclusions are.

There are very few legit research studies anymore as big corporations just purchase the outcomes they want.

When I was at Scripps several of us were approached by ExxonMobil to head very well funded climate change research to muddy the water.
The FDA gets paid by drug companies to OK drugs that are flat out harmful and they know it, everything has become all about the money.

Cannabis has never killed anyone and no BS research is going magically make it harmful after 1000s of years.

We have to keep in mind that this is not the first study to come to the same conclusion that there is a connection between Cannabis smoke and/or THC with heart related conditions. There have been several over the past 3 years. Some in the US, some in England and, I believe, some in Israel.

And, it appears that this study is from doctors and medical institutions and not paid for by drug manufacturers looking for another get rich prescription they can peddle.

The arguments in support of the study and against this study remind me of the situation regarding tobacco smoking in the 1950s and early 60s. People disregarded study after study claiming a link between smoking and lung cancers for 15 years. Until, the Surgeon General released his report in '64. His was a report based on years of accumulated studies and not a new one. The US health department reviewed thousands of independent studies and put the conclusions together.

Until he released his report in 1964 the average everyday people, like all of us here, did not pay attention to or believe in any of the studies. They often mentioned the people who never smoked who developed lung cancers and other problems so the blame could not be placed on tobacco. But, within days of the Surgeon Generals evening live on TV report the sales of filtered cigarettes and cigarette filters jumped.

What I figure is that most GP doctors and cardiologists will read over the study and realize that human nature being what it is that they will have to accept that most human beings are happier when they can exist in an alternate state for a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom