Danolo's Indoor Cabinet Grow

So 18 and 6 means lights on for 18 hours , off for 6, right?

Thanks for the info on not cloning autos.

What about timing? How long from seed to start of flowering? Will I have time in there to do a useful scrog?

Thanks
Yes 18 on 6 off and I'm not sure I'm timing when you purchase seeds it may say time to flower or somthing like that on there and Scrog should be fine as long as plant gets big enough I haven't truelly messed with autos a whole lot when I get this new box done I'm gonna grow some in my veg chamber while I have others in flower

cheers yall and remember keep'em frosty ;)

Large dual chamber grow box build

Hi Danolo.

Sorry to post here with a question about your bio-bombs but it appears you're no longer accepting private messages and I didn't know what else to do. Hope everything is okay?

Before I ask my question, perhaps the following link might help you with some of your grow questions:

How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

My husband and I are going to Toronto this weekend to get the oil you recommended but I wondered about the quantity we needed? The website says the oils are sold in 1 gram increments.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care.

:circle-of-love:

I'm afraid my husband has the growing knowledge since I'm the guinea pig so to speak. But I do know he's growing autos and is doing 20 hours with light and 4 hours in the dark each day.

So, I haven't heard anything about my original questions:

Questions:
What day/light length do you use for autos? 12 hours, 18 hours 24?

Can I take and root a clone from an auto plant? Would it still continue to flower as originally planned, or would cutting and cloning it, reset it?

I understand that autos begin to flower at some set age, not based on light day length. Will I have enough time before flowering starts, to scrogg?

I'd be glad to hear from you.

Thanks

Ok, thanks for all your input.

I guess I will go with an autoflower strain, because they apparently mature for harvest sooner.

And I think I'll use feminised seeds. I don't have room for a dual chamber veg/flower setup, so using clones is out, so for my little room, I think that's the way to go.

What do you guys think?

Hi Danolo. I'm in the same boat with limited indoor space. I think I'll go with autos as well. Limited spaces, faster finish, lower height, reasonable yields for my needs.

For your space, possibly remove the heater from the wall?

Lowes carries an organic potting soil I think I'll try. Can Tire flyer this week has a sale on pantry cabinets. I'll think I'll pick up the 16 x 30.

Hi Danolo. I'm in the same boat with limited indoor space. I think I'll go with autos as well. Limited spaces, faster finish, lower height, reasonable yields for my needs.

For your space, possibly remove the heater from the wall?

Lowes carries an organic potting soil I think I'll try. Can Tire flyer this week has a sale on pantry cabinets. I'll think I'll pick up the 16 x 30.

Cool.... I'll check it out... thanks

Hi Danolo,

The Auto's are a tougher grow. They don't like nutes in excess and are more finicky than regular feminized.

Autos don't clone easily, if at all. Basically a clone off a 3 week old auto is still going to flower at (lets say) week 4. So as soon as it roots it will begin to flower at the same time as her mum. Of course she will be a fraction of the size of her mum.

Autos are great for their short grow time. Maybe one or two crops of Autos to keep you going and then a scrog of what you will. And if you go with feminized seeds you can force them early AND scrog.

Our grow hasn't been going great but with the addition of a pH gauge, it has greatly improved. I'm hoping for a moderate crop to augment last summer's grow.

Don't give up, there are many members around to help.

FeloniousPunk.

Oops.

I am running my LED's 18 hrs on and 6 hrs off. Was running 20/4 but when we began to have trouble I dropped it down. Autos don't need 12/12 because they flower at an age, not by light.

It is kinda up to you. I'm running 18/6, but was running 20/4. Some run them 24/0. I agree with the line of reasoning that says plants can use some downtime to rest, so I don't think I'd ever run 24/0. But I am only starting out, so these are thoughts, not absolutes.

My mistake with my second grow is not starting out with a pH meter. Since getting one I have a better idea of what is going on in the soil and that awareness is more important than hours of light.

FeloniousPunk. :peace:

In looking at the ProMix site there are several different types. What do you use?

I'm not sure I will be able to find smaller bags of pro-Mix... they all seem to be in huge bags.

Hey Danolo,

I guess you are here in the great white north because you are talking Pro-Mix (Ontario company). It seems my local hydroponic dealers will cut a big bag in half for you, that is what they did for me. Pro-mix is also available in regular bags if that's more to your liking. When shopping for sunflower seeds I ran across the smaller bags.

PM me for more details.

I am using both the Organic and the High Porosity. I may go to the Organic in the future with more perlite mixed in.

I'm also reading that by having a separate veg grow area (fluorescents) you can set up an operation that will produce a crop every 10 weeks. By not using Autos, you can clone and force flowering. You can also prune these plants.

Lots to consider...

Hey Danolo,

I guess you are here in the great white north because you are talking Pro-Mix (Ontario company). It seems my local hydroponic dealers will cut a big bag in half for you, that is what they did for me. Pro-mix is also available in regular bags if that's more to your liking. When shopping for sunflower seeds I ran across the smaller bags.

PM me for more details.

I am using both the Organic and the High Porosity. I may go to the Organic in the future with more perlite mixed in.

I'm also reading that by having a separate veg grow area (fluorescents) you can set up an operation that will produce a crop every 10 weeks. By not using Autos, you can clone and force flowering. You can also prune these plants.

Lots to consider...

Boy you have that right! I am currently reworking a design for my grow box.

Here's some of the decisions I have made:

1. I'm not willing to settle for the lower yields we would get using CFL. That means either LED or HPS/MH.

2. HPS/MH is too hot. Temperature control will have to be managed.

3. Therefore a LED light.

Actually, I will need two, one for Veg and one for flowering.

My floor plan is 4 ft b y 2 ft, divided into two rooms, veg and flower. My plan is to have them come to harvest in rotation.
Not quite a perpetual harvest.

My overall height is only 52"... that's 4' 4"! And that raises a bunch of questions.

But first the light.

Since my each chamber will be 2' by 2'... what LED lights do you recommend?
Can I get a LED light that I can switch spectrum, when I change to flowering? Or am I better to use a dedicated flower light (Is there such a thing?) and move the light to the alternate chamber when needed?

I recognise that my height limitations will be a big factor and I will have to use every tool I can to keep the flowering canopy low. probably will use a scrog, so moving the plant may not work.

Anyhow, I'd be happy to hear your recommendations for these lights.

Ack! I was just looking at LED lights and they seems to need a fair distance from the canopy:
Here's stats from a well known brand:

Coverage Area: 2' x 2' (60cm x 60cm)
Hanging Distance: 24" - 30" (60cm - 76cm) from the top of your canopy

If I have to stay 24" from the top of my canopy, that will leave only about 2 ft for a plant!

I don't think that is gonna work!

Here's my calculations regarding plant height:

Available space = 52"
Pot - 6"
light and hangars - 8"
Led headroom - 12"
---------------
sub total 26"

Plant in veg 13"
plant in flower 13"

Hmmm, that might work with careful LST and scrog.

Whatcha think?

Ack! I was just looking at LED lights and they seems to need a fair distance from the canopy:
Here's stats from a well known brand:

Coverage Area: 2' x 2' (60cm x 60cm)
Hanging Distance: 24" - 30" (60cm - 76cm) from the top of your canopy

If I have to stay 24" from the top of my canopy, that will leave only about 2 ft for a plant!

I don't think that is gonna work!
Can I ask what led manufacturer u are looking at cause I've hunger led withing 2 to 3 inch head rooms using exaust fan right above them and have romantic withing 16 inches of light but it also depends upon the intensity and spectrum

The
420-magazine-mobile505601110.jpg

I crunched numbers on Mars hydro 2 400 led grow light 2.5 by 2.5 space full spectrum one for each side averaging our distance for flower and for veg and taking account pot height led thickness and hanging height from ceiling you could easily grow 13 inches tall in veg probably more tho and 20 inches tall in flower if you do like I did u could put exaust fan tube right above led and literally hanger it and inch or 2 from ceiling this would pull air from above led and pull air through it always keeping it cool and u would gain 6 inches or so so 19 inches in veg and 26 inches a flower.

The
420-magazine-mobile505601110.jpg

I crunched numbers on Mars hydro 2 400 led grow light 2.5 by 2.5 space full spectrum one for each side averaging our distance for flower and for veg and taking account pot height led thickness and hanging height from ceiling you could easily grow 13 inches tall in veg probably more tho and 20 inches tall in flower if you do like I did u could put exaust fan tube right above led and literally hanger it and inch or 2 from ceiling this would pull air from above led and pull air through it always keeping it cool and u would gain 6 inches or so so 19 inches in veg and 26 inches a flower.

That is freakin' amazing! So, what I assume is that the manufacturer's suggested headroom is to keep the plants from burning from the heat of the light. And your solution is to cool the light so you can get closer. This sounds to me like a win/win. More flowering room, more light intensity equals bigger yield.

So, just to clarify, the distance from the flowertops to the light should be as close as possible without burning the plant.

I notice the LED fixtures have built in fans for cooling. Your idea is to supplement this cooling with the additional fan exhaust.

I like it.

Thanks

Hi Dalolo. I'm concerned that 26 inch isn't enough height for many strains. Also a 6 inch soil depth could limit production. You light specs will indicate clearance required above the light. It's very tight.

Have you considered growing a couple of autos? It would simplify your grow setup plus help with height.

Here's my calculations regarding plant height:
Available space = 52"
Pot - 6"
light and hangars - 8"
Led headroom - 12"
---------------
sub total 26"

Plant in veg 13"
plant in flower 13"

Hmmm, that might work with careful LST and scrog.

Whatcha think?

Back
Top Bottom