DD Stable Of Impermanence

can I ask what the consensus is on decarb time/temp?

I'd been referring to this graph but have no idea whether it's hokey (How to Decarb Weed The Right Way (Temperature Chart)):

1590879344407.png

For flower: 115*C for 90 min.
Wrap it up in tin foil first, then leave it in the pouch after the decarb and freeze it overnight. This is supposed to help with terpene retention.

Cheers and yeah sorry I should've specified flower.

Is it different for trim?

P.S. Sorry to hear about job shenanigans :(

Cheers and yeah sorry I should've specified flower.

Is it different for trim?

P.S. Sorry to hear about job shenanigans :(
Thanks, yeah. Like you said in your journal this morning - it sucks.
I have been decarbing everything at 115*C (I need to keep things simple). Rosin doesn’t take as long to decarb as flower.
I would leave trim in for the same amount of time as flower - being physically very similar structurally.
Are you drying and curing your trim like you do your flower?
You may like to read this on the subject.
:smokin:

can I ask what the consensus is on decarb time/temp?
I use an Ardent decarboxylator, I think they claim it converts very close to 100% of THCA to available THC, they have some interesting data on comparisons of effectiveness to home oven/slow cooker methods, it seems that the home methods can leave a fair bit of THCA unconverted. I am not making any advert for them, just saying, because many of us need to decarb to make oils or edibles etc, so it is eye popping to realize that the act of decarbing your buds does not mean that your buds have been fully decarbed, they may have been only partially decarbed. Anyway, I found the suggestion that I could be missing out on up to, say 30% somewhat concerning. I am only saying this because I so often feel when folk are stating they have done a decarb it often reads like they are blindly assuming their decarb was complete. Once again, no offense or advertising intended in raising a question on the efficiency of home decarb methods.

Thanks, yeah. Like you said in your journal this morning - it sucks.
I have been decarbing everything at 115*C (I need to keep things simple). Rosin doesn’t take as long to decarb as flower.
I would leave trim in for the same amount of time as flower - being physically very similar structurally.
Are you drying and curing your trim like you do your flower?
You may like to read this on the subject.
:smokin:

Ah yes that makes sense regarding rosin.

Haha, I haven't harvested anything of my own yet!! I will keep this in mind for when I actually do :laughtwo:

I use an Ardent decarboxylator, I think they claim it converts very close to 100% of THCA to available THC, they have some interesting data on comparisons of effectiveness to home oven/slow cooker methods, it seems that the home methods can leave a fair bit of THCA unconverted. I am not making any advert for them, just saying, because many of us need to decarb to make oils or edibles etc, so it is eye popping to realize that the act of decarbing your buds does not mean that your buds have been fully decarbed, they may have been only partially decarbed. Anyway, I found the suggestion that I could be missing out on up to, say 30% somewhat concerning. I am only saying this because I so often feel when folk are stating they have done a decarb it often reads like they are blindly assuming their decarb was complete. Once again, no offense or advertising intended in raising a question on the efficiency of home decarb methods.

None taken whatsoever!

I am also keen to learn more about this. For example, in the graph I posted above, there's no indication of overall efficiency in terms of percentage converted.

I would love to see the comparison data if you know where it is!

I would love to see the comparison data if you know where it is!
You'll have look it up, I don't want this to be misconstrued as advertising or the like, just posing the observation that the statement of decarbing often seems to be blindly assumed to be wholly effective, it just seems worthwhile to consider that a percentage of THCA could be 'getting left on the table' unconverted.

I’ve never decarbed anything, but I did see these charts I think Mr.Krip May have posted it. I saved em anyway for future use if it’s any use to you @syenite

Attachments

• 7D5BD2FA-9694-49DE-9C12-3FFB14A37EB7.png
    7D5BD2FA-9694-49DE-9C12-3FFB14A37EB7.png
    432.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 4CCA175B-0AE8-47F6-843C-9DF5FCACC3B9.png
    4CCA175B-0AE8-47F6-843C-9DF5FCACC3B9.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 47
It sure would be interesting to see lab figures on THCA & THC levels from samples of the same bud before and after decarbing. I am kinda surprised that there isn't more actual lab report data of this being reported because so many folk are decarbing these days. Here's in NZ there is no chance of getting such lab tests done. :rofl:

It s good to have some acid THC in the mix, it goes along with the whole entourage thing.
The entourage effect is a proposed mechanism by which cannabis compounds other than tetrahydrocannabinol act synergistically with it to modulate the overall psychoactive effects of the plant. :meditate:

It s good to have some acid THC in the mix, it goes along with the whole entourage thing.
The entourage effect is a proposed mechanism by which cannabis compounds other than tetrahydrocannabinol act synergistically with it to modulate the overall psychoactive effects of the plant. :meditate:
That makes sense too. I'm for whatever makes the optimal experience! :surf:

You'll have look it up, I don't want this to be misconstrued as advertising or the like, just posing the observation that the statement of decarbing often seems to be blindly assumed to be wholly effective, it just seems worthwhile to consider that a percentage of THCA could be 'getting left on the table' unconverted.
It is so hard stinger. We feel you buddy. I use products I could swear by but am so cautious as you so rightly are. Mentioning stuff shouldn't be hard for us on a forum we are all so loyal too in every way whether sponsorship is an issue or not. We lost a great thread recently due to this issue , as understandable as it was from 420 , we lost a good forum. You didn't come across as pushing it as a rep mate at all. Peace and blessings

It sure would be interesting to see lab figures on THCA & THC levels from samples of the same bud before and after decarbing. I am kinda surprised that there isn't more actual lab report data of this being reported because so many folk are decarbing these days. Here's in NZ there is no chance of getting such lab tests done. :rofl:
Except if your in the dock and their "experts "are making the case. Every last bit of illegal product made to the ........0 would be recorded!.. lol.

That makes sense too. I'm for whatever makes the optimal experience! :surf:
I think that why whenever I see "cobbing" mentioned I sit up and consider doing it. That process is ancient and tribal to turn all the thc into an even more psycho active compund. Read so many positive experiences of it. I could never leave weed for 3 months fermenting though so have not tried it yet.lol

:rofl:

Introducing Gigiddysan, marital artist. Star of such blockbusters as Slouching Ceiling, Broken Pinky..
23148F6C-1B6E-4139-9EE2-024B903F4DEB.jpeg

Stalking the city at night..

OMG I had a capsule of the new EVOO a few hrs ago and I’m off my chops :rofl::yahoo: chrissake. Can’t use these for work at all.
Hajajaja oopps sorry my German laugh , hahahaha this is excellent brother .Silent assasin to the weed world and killer of seedlings without compassion. You never know when I will strike but I am duty bound ( to win title on 420 !.lol) . Be Alert .... as their is a shortage of Lerts globally and it pays well!!!

It is so hard stinger. We feel you buddy. I use products I could swear by but am so cautious as you so rightly are. Mentioning stuff shouldn't be hard for us on a forum we are all so loyal too in every way whether sponsorship is an issue or not. We lost a great thread recently due to this issue , as understandable as it was from 420 , we lost a good forum. You didn't come across as pushing it as a rep mate at all. Peace and blessings
I agree with you

Except if your in the dock and their "experts "are making the case. Every last bit of illegal product made to the ........0 would be recorded!.. lol.
That's true unfortunately

I think that why whenever I see "cobbing" mentioned I sit up and consider doing it. That process is ancient and tribal to turn all the thc into an even more psycho active compund. Read so many positive experiences of it. I could never leave weed for 3 months fermenting though so have not tried it yet.lol
I also find the cobbing fascinating, I recently harvested so I had some suitable colas for cobs but I didn't do it as I wasn't sure how I was going to carry out the 24 hours or whatever at 40C, and maintain stealthiness in the house so family didn't make a big thing about it. But the reports of it's effects sound really intriguing. If anything I would like to make some tincture because the thought of being able to take a 'dose' in several drops seems absolutely awesome. However, unfortunately in New Zealand we don't have any high strength alcohol like 'Everclear' to do the job. Cheers.

in New Zealand we don't have any high strength alcohol like 'Everclear' to do the job
Hey folks. Interesting exchanges on the decarb, terpene and secondary metabolite conservation, and the entourage.
Cheers.
Isopropyl is the ubiquitous go-to here for extracts. Needless to say (but I will anyway) that isn’t for this donkey.

Rosin might be your new best friend too, Stunger. She’s promiscuous like that.

You’ll have to come down for a tiki tour.

Here, I liked this photo. Everyone overlapped and bunched up and getting on fine. It’s like a metaphor or something.
347B3420-C89F-4884-8F2C-BFB25FD10F19.jpeg

A bit of DE on the top of a pot there. Damn gnats.
This is what I have to look forward to at the end of the work day today:
Hulklato and DrSeedmanCBD30:1
B038512B-5E86-4520-AFAF-F6F0C2217D00.jpeg

Bring on the meds!
:yummy::cool:

Hey folks. Interesting exchanges on the decarb, terpene and secondary metabolite conservation, and the entourage.
Cheers.
Isopropyl is the ubiquitous go-to here for extracts. Needless to say (but I will anyway) that isn’t for this donkey.

Here, I liked this photo. Everyone overlapped and bunched up and getting on fine. It’s like a metaphor or something.

Bring on the meds!
Hey DD.

Those pictures made me happy, not as happy as the title next to your screen name.

Congrats buddy, well deserved :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :high-five:

Cheers.

Bring on the meds!
Damn DD you trying to blind a guy with the shine coming off that there bud Bustin unit! Did you germinate your free seeds? Did I miss something here?

Damn DD you trying to blind a guy with the shine coming off that there bud Bustin unit! Did you germinate your free seeds? Did I miss something here?
I see that your question in the new genetics thread is still unanswered. :confused:
It’s a while off starting, HF. I understand the sponsor is still asking for growers.
They’ll send out the beans when they get themselves sorted out.
You have missed nothing. These things seem to happen at about the pace of a rooting clone. We keep checking for activity, but don’t see any. As far as we can tell it’s still alive. ;)
I’ll chase it up for you..

Anyone else? Just tap classic or new genetics or both below.
Support our sponsors!

Back
Top Bottom