Dead or alive?

Canachris

My Bruce Banner auto has been growing 9 weeks today. Not sure if she's still growing tho, I've seen no change for over a week her leaves got burnt a month ago but seem to have good color she seems to be drinking... I don't think her container could evaporate water that fast. Any thoughts, ideas, opinions

20230515_055632.jpg

20230515_055616.jpg

20230514_070842.jpg

Not sure if she's still growing tho, I've seen no change for over a week her leaves got burnt a month ago but seem to have good color she seems to be drinking... I don't think her container could evaporate water that fast.
Still very much alive. The color and that it is not getting worse is the best indication.

Many of us have noticed that towards the end of the plant's life cycle that it seems to slow down or stops absorbing water the plant can still live for a week or more. It will be slowing using up the moisture already in the leaves, stems and roots.

Still very much alive. The color and that it is not getting worse is the best indication.

Many of us have noticed that towards the end of the plant's life cycle that it seems to slow down or stops absorbing water the plant can still live for a week or more. It will be slowing using up the moisture already in the leaves, stems and roots.
Lesson one. I know I will get a lot from this thread. Thanks for letting me follow along.

Thanks for the input guys. . My nose was a bit clearer today and after being out of the apartment for a couple of hours when I came in i could notice how strong she smells. She's so small it's hard to get a good look at her. I've heard that for most autos that around 100 days is more realistic than what the seed vendors claim. welp if she's not dieing she must be growing. right from the start she's had that "praying look" is that normal ? or a sign of a too much or too little of something

20230515_145638.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. . My nose was a bit clearer today and after being out of the apartment for a couple of hours when I came in i could notice how strong she smells. She's so small it's hard to get a good look at her. I've heard that for most autos that around 100 days is more realistic than what the seed vendors claim. welp if she's not dieing she must be growing. right from the start she's had that "praying look" is that normal ? or a sign of a too much or too little of something

20230515_145638.jpg
Praying is a good sign. Aside from the nutrient burn(tips of leaves fried) she looks pretty happy. You could pluck those bigger leaves out. She'll be nicer to look at and the lower buds will benefit from the light.

20230515_145638.jpg
It looks a lot like a potassium deficiency to me. Yellow edges, burnt tips, from the top down. Though too much K can look very similar.

Welp, I gave in and cut a few of the really burnt looking leaves off . surprisingly the stems where I cut them were very wet, almost made regret cutting them

20230516_063202.jpg

20230516_063206.jpg

20230516_063236.jpg

20230516_063258.jpg
No regrets. She didnt mind. I promise. They were wet because she's still drinking.

It's normal for the plant to stop growing when it is spending all of it's energy ripening the flower. You were close enough to the harvest sweet spot that it should be good smoke. I don't know if you had them by the open window just for a good picture. You don't want sun light on them after you chop. UV breaks down cannabinoids.

It's normal for the plant to stop growing when it is spending all of it's energy ripening the flower. You were close enough to the harvest sweet spot that it should be good smoke. I don't know if you had them by the open window just for a good picture. You don't want sun light on them after you chop. UV breaks down cannabinoids.
Very good advice.

I'm starting to understand senescence more now, and the relation to pot size. It's amazing what cannabis plants can do in small pots, but ultimately, I think the harvest is better – in more ways that one – when the pots are larger. Fabric pots are best. My smallest fabric is 15 gal. I'm thinking now of making some smaller ones, like half that size.

My nose was a bit clearer today and after being out of the apartment for a couple of hours when I came in i could notice how strong she smells.
Thanks for sharing this. My best mold resistant plant did the same thing... terpene odor really came on strong when she was close to harvest. Bruce Banner was already on my list of one to try for bud rot resistance, so I'm encouraged by this. What's the high like?

Big pots/less plants big yield
Small pots/ more plants/same yield.
I do like bigger pots though. Much more forgiving. All Bout the canopy.
Hmm... there's a middle ground... medium-size pots, prune the plants. Possibly more/better yield than either big pots or small pots... in a small indoor space. Perhaps there is a threshold also where going to hydro is best, for most yield and best yeild in a small space. @gwhunran

Hmm... there's a middle ground... medium-size pots, prune the plants. Possibly more/better yield than either big pots or small pots... in a small indoor space. Perhaps there is a threshold also where going to hydro is best, for most yield and best yeild in a small space. @gwhunran
All about canopy space. A maxed out 3x3 will produce the same with 1 big plant, or 30 solo cups, or 9 3 gallons....different benefits though. Smaller pots have to water more, but you cam flip sooner etc....bigg3st thing is filling out that space.

Back
Top Bottom