Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

Beautiful plant. You're getting good at this. Consistent too.
Are you avoiding the word Crack? Lol.
Yepper.... I got spanked for it......:circle-of-love:
You just keep cranking it out. Good for you.

Nice to see you John! Seems like you took a long break.
You talking about King John? He hasn't gone anywhere I don't think or I have been asleep during his trip..... Oh!!! King can't leave :thedoubletake:.. That would be tragic......:circle-of-love:
Ok, Denise, I see what you have. What I'm going to do later is calculate ratios for each of the three soils in the three soil system based on the pot sizes you want to use so you don't end up with way too much of one soil and not enough of the other.

I already suggested pot sizes in PM, I think, but I'm curious about your current preference for flowering. Are the fabric pots you are flowering in now 5 gallons? We should establish standard pot sizes for each stage of the grow, younguns, adolescent teens, and sexually mature flowering adults. We can work with what you have on-hand. The sizes of pots will change how much of each soil you want to mix.

Fabric pots are great for flowering. You won't want to use them for veg because you are going to have to transplant a fairly large plant into a bigger pot right before switching to a flowering schedule. In my experience, removing a decent sized plant from a fabric pot is a challenge, while standard nursery pots are a piece of cake.

Once you get the soils mixed you will need to wait a couple of weeks to let the soils stew before any plants go in them. Remember you want soil storage bins in the 25-30 gallon range for the veg and flower soils, and something around 10 gallons for the baby soil. Once the bins are on hand and we know the pot sizes I'll scale the recipe for your needs in easy to measure units.
OK I got everything you listed. I went and got the totes last night and they are (2) 30 gallon and (1) 19 gallon so they should be plenty big. Figured it would be easier to mix up and not make a mess if they were bigger. I have 1 gallon and 3 gallon plastic pots.... 3, 5 and 7 gallon fabric pots so get to ciphering cause I am really excited to get this one going. As I am sure you have noticed I am looking for the easiest way to do nothing and grow really good herb and I think I am going to like this once the soil is brewed... Thank you so much PeeJay......:circle-of-love:
Ahhh your welcome but what did I do...:confused:.....:circle-of-love:

I like the soil method, i mixed mine and let it sit a month to cook. Longer the better to get that micro biology working. And the i just use teas for watering on 2 of my 5 plants and adding growology on the other 3 along with the teas.

Fabric pots are great for flowering. You won't want to use them for veg because you are going to have to transplant a fairly large plant into a bigger pot right before switching to a flowering schedule. In my experience, removing a decent sized plant from a fabric pot is a challenge, while standard nursery pots are a piece of cake.

Many people just stick one fabric pot in another, the roots can grow through the fabric. Personally I am just trying it out now, so no personal experience if the roots grow through. Here is a nursery pot with bottom cut off in a 'smart' pot....

DSCN24172.JPG

And here is same thing a week later in bigger smart pot, can barely see smaller one. We shall see in a few months how many roots in outer pot...
DSCN24805.JPG

Fifi, I didn't mean King John was gone, just that I haven't seen much of him. Maybe I haven't been keeping up with all the journals like I should be.

By the way, I can say this here because we discussed it. Joanne's Fabric and Crafts currently has eco fabric on sale for 2.99 a yard, 72" wide. I went up and bought 4 more yards. The sewing machine is out. I still haven't made my bags, but I really need to get going with that.

Be careful, the eco pots are not developed so roots can grow through them. I have not one time seen a root penetrate an eco felt pot. I know people who grow fibrous root crops in huge grow bags and the roots never penetrate, but they will self air prune when they do hit the edge on the inside of the eco pot.

It is correct to start in plastic and move up to grow bag.

Be careful, the eco pots are not developed so roots can grow through them. I have not one time seen a root penetrate an eco felt pot. I know people who grow fibrous root crops in huge grow bags and the roots never penetrate, but they will self air prune when they do hit the edge on the inside of the eco pot.

It is correct to start in plastic and move up to grow bag.

Here is an example of it working for someone, well I might add :) AS I said no personal experience, yet!

Blue Lemon Thai - 100% LED Grown

Thanks Craw and Garden well and everybody else.... I am sure they are self pruning bags. They are actual 'Smart Pots'. the original ones I have been using are a real thick eco felt and have been great but I like the Smart Pots better.....
I have a bit of an update on the Skunk Afghani 49 days 12/12 under Top Led 48x3w and 96x3w reflectors in the closet..... She is another one I think is going to be real good smoke. She is stacking trichs really well and smells amazing......:circle-of-love:
DSC077021.JPG
DSC077033.JPG
DSC077042.JPG
DSC077053.JPG
DSC077064.JPG
DSC077071.JPG
DSC077082.JPG
DSC077093.JPG
DSC077102.JPG
DSC077132.JPG
DSC077152.JPG
DSC077172.JPG

OMGoodness !!!! You have that magic touch !!! I bet everything you touch turns to gold!! Lol. !That is gonna be some strong medicine!!!:lot-o-toke: Looks like you sprinkled sugar crystals all over !!!! Those are awesome pictures,, the close ups are beautiful !!! What kind of camera do you use ??? One reason I haven't started a journal is my phone camera sucks and the other camera doesn't do close ups like yours. :love:

Ok, Denise. Here you go. This recipe will use almost all of the ProMix, I’m assuming it is the 3.8 cu ft bale or roughly 24 gallons. The recipes use 23 gallons.

Seedling mix:

2 Gallons ProMix
2 Quarts Perlite
1 cup RBF Compost
¼ Cup Yum Yum
3 Tablespoons Growology Step 1

This is enough for ~ 8-10ea. 1 Quart Pots

Veg Soil:

6 Gallons ProMix
1 Gallon Perlite
3 Quarts Worm Castings
6 Cups RBF Compost
3 1/2 Cups Yum-Yum
1 Cup Azomite
2 Tablespoons Growology Step 1

This is enough soil for transplanting ~8-10ea. 1qt seedlings into 1 Gallon pots

Flower Soil:

15 Gallons ProMix
3 Gallons Perlite
1 Gallon Worm Castings
3 Quarts RBF Compost
2 Quarts Yum-Yum
3 Cups Azomite
1 1/2 Cups 0-7-0 High P Guano

* I would like to see 1 1/2 cups of Soft Rock Phosphate added here at some point if you can get your hands on some.

This is enough to transplant 4ea 1 Gallon veg plants into 3 Gallon pots and 4 ea 1 Gallon Veg Plants into 5 gallon pots.

Mix each soil well in its own bin. You want to sprinkle some water into each bin and stir it up well a second time. I would guess about 1 – 1.5 cups in the veg soil, a quart in the veg soil, and 2.5 quarts in the flower soil. It should be lightly moist but not wet. Stir the soil every five days or so. You can plant in the seedling soil in about 2-3 weeks.

Beautiful plant. You're getting good at this. Consistent too.
Are you avoiding the word Crack? Lol.
Getting good? My girl stepped out of the gate knocking her grows out the box!
Keep up the good work Fifi...

I agree 101%. Last time I talked w/ her was during your lil game show where some new dude was hammering her & Drez.
Y'all played nice hippies, I got in the middle of his a$% for it & got in trouble. Lol.

OMGoodness !!!! You have that magic touch !!! I bet everything you touch turns to gold!! Lol. !That is gonna be some strong medicine!!!:lot-o-toke: Looks like you sprinkled sugar crystals all over !!!! Those are awesome pictures,, the close ups are beautiful !!! What kind of camera do you use ??? One reason I haven't started a journal is my phone camera sucks and the other camera doesn't do close ups like yours. :love:
:passitleft: Wake and bake to ya granny..... The golden touch comment is almost funny..... People that know me in the real world would most likely say just the opposite...:blushsmile:... I have a Sony Cyber shot and to get the trich shots I use a 30x loupe and zoom to 3.6 on the camera. I usually take about 50 shots to get the few good ones I post. Canna has told me to use a tri pod and that would get me much better shots cause I am not real steady with my hands sometimes but I don't have one so I just take lots of pics..... I am real excited about both the Green xxxxx and the Skunk Afghani but the Green xxxxx is certainly going to be ready to chop first.......:circle-of-love:
WOW!!!!!!!! PRON!!!!! Seriously NICE!!! so impressed! Great Work!
Thank you so much.....:circle-of-love:
Nice Birkenstocks!
Thanks Craw... If you see my feet without my Birks on you can't tell cause I have white strips cause they are all I ever wear in the summer......:circle-of-love:
Ok, Denise. Here you go. This recipe will use almost all of the ProMix, I’m assuming it is the 3.8 cu ft bale or roughly 24 gallons. The recipes use 23 gallons.

Seedling mix:

2 Gallons ProMix
2 Quarts Perlite
1 cup RBF Compost
¼ Cup Yum Yum
3 Tablespoons Growology Step 1

This is enough for ~ 8-10ea. 1 Quart Pots

Veg Soil:

6 Gallons ProMix
1 Gallon Perlite
3 Quarts Worm Castings
6 Cups RBF Compost
3 1/2 Cups Yum-Yum
1 Cup Azomite
2 Tablespoons Growology Step 1

This is enough soil for transplanting ~8-10ea. 1qt seedlings into 1 Gallon pots

Flower Soil:

15 Gallons ProMix
3 Gallons Perlite
1 Gallon Worm Castings
3 Quarts RBF Compost
2 Quarts Yum-Yum
3 Cups Azomite
1 1/2 Cups 0-7-0 High P Guano

* I would like to see 1 1/2 cups of Soft Rock Phosphate added here at some point if you can get your hands on some.

This is enough to transplant 4ea 1 Gallon veg plants into 3 Gallon pots and 4 ea 1 Gallon Veg Plants into 5 gallon pots.

Mix each soil well in its own bin. You want to sprinkle some water into each bin and stir it up well a second time. I would guess about 1 – 1.5 cups in the veg soil, a quart in the veg soil, and 2.5 quarts in the flower soil. It should be lightly moist but not wet. Stir the soil every five days or so. You can plant in the seedling soil in about 2-3 weeks.
Where do I get soft rock phosphate..:confused:... I will start mixing all the rest up today and I have to go to the garden store and see Hawk today and he could probably get it if he doesn't have it in stock..... yes/no???..... PeeJay I can't thank you enough.... Your kindness will never exceed your generosity... I am so excited about all this. I got my seeds in yesterday so as soon as it cooks to satisfaction we have new beans to pop.... I got some Jack Herer beans and think they would be excellent to try in the new soil...:yahoo:....:circle-of-love:
High Dennise :passitleft:

Nice work.
Thanks Brassic.....:circle-of-love:
:love:.....:circle-of-love:
Snoop Dogg, THE professional smoker & advocate/activist, named it. I bet you're allowed a gimme on this one.
Noooo actually I was busted on it..... There is a name on the rename list somewhere I just couldn't remember where to look and I would have never remembered what it was so I named it Green xxxxx so I would know what I was talking about......:circle-of-love:
I agree 101%. Last time I talked w/ her was during your lil game show where some new dude was hammering her & Drez.
Y'all played nice hippies, I got in the middle of his a$% for it & got in trouble. Lol.
I think I was sitting in the corner and he was really not nice and da..ta..da..da... cajun came to the rescue..... Your valor is greatly appreciated and :sorry: you got in trouble....:circle-of-love:
It's been awhile since I've trolled your garden Dennise...

AK looks awesome....
Thanks Renegade.... getting ready to update her again and she is looking amazing IMO.... especially to have been through all she has......:circle-of-love:

I potted the Black Russian and the B2B up to 5 gallon pots and put them to veg. I had to move the Mars II 400's to the closet and put both the Green xxxxx and Skunk Afghani in the closet together to finish flowering and put the ZNet4 back in the tent to veg the WW auto that will probably just take up space and the Black Russian which seems to be loving the move and put the B2B and Wild Thai clone in the cabinet under Top Led 48x3w reflectors... Everybody seems very happy this morning.... These pics were taken last night right after the transplant and she is all hanging down and this morning she is standing up straight and happy........:circle-of-love:
DSC077333.JPG
DSC077341.JPG
DSC077352.JPG
DSC077361.JPG
DSC077373.JPG
DSC077383.JPG
DSC077391.JPG
DSC077401.JPG
DSC077411.JPG
DSC077422.JPG
DSC077432.JPG

Back