Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

With PeeJay's permission, may I suggest you keep it lightly moist and turn it a few times a day in the tubs to aerate and when dry, add moisture to keep the microbes happy.

I'm thrilled it is working out with the Grand Nephew! I adore our niece (22) and if she comes out of the Peace Corps in two years and wants to live with us while she gets her Masters, fantastic! And she smokes and loves that we do too. Us old folk. HA.

Well I think having my great nephew move in is going to work out great...... He got all my stuff mixed up PeeJay and it is cooking as I type..:yahoo:.. I am waiting on the soft rock stuff but everything else is mixed up and stored till next stiring. When the soft rock stuff gets here what do I put it in and how much?...:confused:.... I am so excited about this one.... I think the first thing to be grown in this is going to be a Bubba Kush that I let my nephew germinate and we put it to soil yesterday and are waiting for her to pop her little head but I think the baby soil should be fine to use in a couple of weeks shouldn't it? Then by the time it is ready to pot up would the next step be ready or am I pushing it to fast? Any who it's a basting and a cookin'.....:circle-of-love:
DSC07788.JPG
DSC077892.JPG

:goodjob:

I forgot the Promix is in a compressed bale. Is all that leftover dirt in the wheelbarrow ProMix? How much of each amendment is left? I see a bag of perlite, a little azomite, and what I assume is quite a bit of the RBF compost. Was there anything you didn't have enough of, Dennise? The calculated ratios were based, in part, on the amount of each you had available.

That compost looks like some high quality stuff. Is it possible to post a close-up picture of some on a white paper background?

The rock phosphate will only go in the flower soil 1.5 - 2 cups should do it.

GF is right about keeping the soil very lightly moist. I think there were instructions about moistening it in the recipe. I don't think it needs to be stirred as often as a couple of times a day. Most folks stir about once every five days or a week. With the lids on the tub you shouldn't have to add moisture often. The goal is to provide enough moisture for fungi and bacteria to thrive while leaving the soil light and airy at the same time.

With the bubba I don't think it would hurt to put it into the seedling soil right away. It won't be quite as good as if the soil cooks for a few weeks, but it should do just fine.

Thanks everybody....:thanks:... PeeJay I will get ya a pic just as soon as nephew gets out of the bed. He stored everything in the barn up top so I can't get to it without him for now. Or at least I don't want to climb up in the barn cause last time I did I woke up in ICU. Seems I fall down a lot...:goof:... but even 18 year olds get up eventually....:blushsmile:.....:circle-of-love:

PeeJay if you look Red Bud Farms up on-line you will get a complete break down of everything that is in the compost. They are organic certified and about the only one around here for many many miles.
About the only things I had left were a little bit of the azomite, bat poop, 3/4 of a bag of perlite, lots of worm castings and compost (both were 15lb bags) and have about 1/2 the bags left of each. Yes that is the left over ProMix HP in the wheel-barrel. That is the only part I am not sure of the measuring. He and I both tried to make sure it was all fluffed up before he measured it out but it is almost impossible to get all the clumps out and I think if anything they are measured heavy and there is a bit more than the actual weights you listed. I was going to ask if you think it would hurt to add a bit more compost and castings due to the ProMix (+/-) or if it would be better to hold on to what was left over to amend the soil after planting if plant looks deficient in something after started...:confused:... Any who nephew just got up so I will send him to the barn shortly and get ya a pic.... Thanks again PeeJay for all your help .....:circle-of-love:

PeeJay here is a link to the Red Bud Farms stuff.... https://red-bud-farm.com/ .....and it gives a great description and break down of everything in the compost and worm castings.... I also have 30lbs of their top soil that obviously I just need to put in my flower beds.... He kinda threw it in when I bought all the other stuff and I didn't know I would not ever need it for my girls unless you have an idea :idea: of something it could usefully be used for. I will still get ya the pic shortly......:circle-of-love:

How nice !!!..well my ex husband helped with the tents and he moved a plant..it was truly appreciated..but to have a strong young man who can do all the hard stuff.....priceless ! :thumb:

It really is hard with no help and I'm happy for you !!! You can enjoy growing. :love:

So far having him here has been great but I must say if I had to get my x to do anything I would rather never ever have meds again. You are a far better woman than I.....:circle-of-love:

With PeeJay's permission, may I suggest you keep it lightly moist and turn it a few times a day in the tubs to aerate and when dry, add moisture to keep the microbes happy.

I'm thrilled it is working out with the Grand Nephew! I adore our niece (22) and if she comes out of the Peace Corps in two years and wants to live with us while she gets her Masters, fantastic! And she smokes and loves that we do too. Us old folk. HA.

Yep... I added moisture per PeeJays instructions and have tight lids on the tubes so will stir and check every 5 days or so.....:circle-of-love:

I have NO idea why I said to stir it as often as I did! Senior moment, I guess :)

I didn't get a chance to read your whole soil tutorial, PeeJay, so didn't see the moisture bit. I blogged it and when I start my next plants (got clones starting now) I will use your mix. Can't wait!!!! So exciting.

Watered the Green xxxxx 53 days 12/12 in the closet under the Mars II with just plain ol' purified water today to start flushing her a bit before chop day. I think after watering her today she will need at least 1 more watering and maybe 2 and she will hopefully be ready.... She is pretty much all cloudy now with just the beginning of ambers.... I think she is beautiful.......:circle-of-love:
DSC077903.JPG
DSC07790_2_.JPG
DSC077911.JPG
DSC077922.JPG
DSC077933.JPG
DSC07794.JPG
DSC077951.JPG
DSC077963.JPG
DSC077971.JPG
DSC077982.JPG
DSC077992.JPG
DSC078011.JPG
DSC078062.JPG
DSC078082.JPG
DSC078092.JPG

I am now forced to harvest tomorrow. I have aphids AND spider mites on the lower leaves which are the most yellow. So, tomorrow is the big day.

I wish I would have done it today. Eh. I was preoccupied.
Aye yi yi. Spider mites still give me nightmares. I grew out some beautiful AK47 & thought I was seeing trichs on the leaves. I learned the hard way. Had to trash 4 awesome plants. Blah! Good luck!

The plants are finished for the most part. I am happy to harvest anything, truth be told.

I will cut, wash in the premium four part wash system (waiting to find out how much H2O2 I need) and that will be that.

Next up, LK clone, another Money Maker and Strawberry Blue all putting on the Ritz.

Back
Top Bottom