DharmaBud's First Grow Soil White Widow Auto & Silver LA-2013

Okay, never mind it is a part of some chemical reaction! Now how far away do I keep a 400 watt mh bulb from the tops of the plants?

Start at 6-8 inches then after about 20 min hold your hand at canopy level top side up and if its too hott move it further up, if too cold then move down.

Nice haul with all your toys brother, sorry about the living situation but im super happy you found a place so fast I just hope it suits you. Your babies are going to take off under those new lights, watch out!

HPSGraphPAR1.jpg

okay, critical update since last post, check MH at 100% 400watt internal temp on tent ws 113 degrees and humidity dropped to 35%. Dropped to 75% power and opened temp flaps. I knew this would be an issue, and I can't get a fan next month because of the move. Damn!!!

Make sure your thermometer is shaded - HIDs have a lot of radient heat. But, yeah, you'll want to turn that puppy down until you get a fan.

great lights for soil:thumb:
id rather use a hps for my flowering but the heat isn't worth it
:bravo:

Happy Weednesday Nephew:)
you have a fan and smell snuffer so point the fan straight up from the floor to the light and leave your tent door open. thats what I do and the canopy level wont get that hot. that should keep you going until you can get one for the light.
when you move as Graytail said a couple large boxes should work fine for the upcoming move.
Nice score with all the toys:)

Thanks everyone for the congrat's and advice. I am waiting at the post office seeing if there are any other special packages arriving. I need to beat the landlords wife here. Just hope it's today, walking is getting tiresome.

Thanks everyone for the congrat's and advice. I am waiting at the post office seeing if there are any other special packages arriving. I need to beat the landlords wife here. Just hope it's today, walking is getting tiresome.

Nice score dharma, hot air rises...cool air falls....I know you know this. You want fans blowing cold air in down low, and fans blowing so that the heat from the light goes upward and out of the tent. Sometimes it takes some creativity to get it as good as you can....you just have to move the fans around and find the configuration that give you the best results.

My problem is now I only have the littl 6" cheapy round fan, and since I am moving, I don't see anything else being bought until October, so I hope this resolves itself.

Do you know what's good about Sunday's? No post on Sunday's?
That's right Harry, no post on Sunday's....or Wednesdays!!! Tomorrow another round trip to the post office!!!

Just got back, and I wrote this over on DonPaul's journal too. I measured, and the cool tube is 10" above the plant, with the cheapy fan blowing across both plants and the tent flaps open. My ballast is at 50% or 200 watts and the temp is still 90 degrees F

Have you ever left a wrench in 90 degree heat for an hour than picked it up? Its about a thousand degrees. How can this be?? Radiant heat and IR. Thats why you want fans on the leaves and the thermo in the shade.

Congrats on the new goodies. Just so you know, Im using your experience with this light to decide if I purchase the same brand! :rofl:

Here is your first lesson...include the exhaust fan with ducting when you buy the lighting kit!

Already on the wish list. :) And one of the reasons its gonna be at least $500 to get me up and rolling.

Back
Top Bottom