DharmaBud's First Grow Soil White Widow Auto & Silver LA-2013

nice pic, have some reps for that one,

@dharma, if the growth you cut seems to be growing quick still then cut it back some more, you might not of cut enough off, you need to just leave a small amount of the new growth on the plant, so see how quick the growth you cut grows and trim it back some more if the growth is still pretty quick, you should just be left with some very trimmed back leaves.

when you fim you should get 4 main cola but as the plant gets older 2 of these can grow a bit quicker and become the top of the plant so you may need to use some lst to keep the 4 main branches growing at the same pace, or just remove a set of fan leaves off the ones that are growing to quick,

DP, it seems that a new set of leaves formed up, the same size I fimmed earlier, are they the same ones or a new set? Should I fim those too or leave them alone?

Hey Chronich! Good Weed to you!!!!

Well, I went ahead and Fimmed the new top growth again. It was a little longer and I'm more sure now I got 80% of the whole top, so we will see what that brings me.

Happy Munchday Nephew:)
you will know if you FIMed proper when the leaf you cut is square on the end and the new growth comes out normal:)

Taking a look at the plant's a little while ago and I find them thriving! The nutes evidently were accepted with love, the LST on the auto totally filled,out one side, so I just bent it the other way. Got some gnat issues, but other than bothersome I don't think they are hurting the plants.

hi mate, it sounds like you didnt fim enough the first time round, you need to cut the new growth back so their is very little of the new set of leaves left, this is what stunts upwards growth, fimming stops the main stem growing upwards as you have taken the top set of leaves and cut them back, so this allows the nodes below to catch up and at this stage it will give you 3 or 4 main cola as growth is slower at this stage of growth

but sounds like you done it right now, some growers fim or you can remove the new set of leaves all together as long as you dont cut the tip of the stem, you can use a sharp knife and remove the very top leaves that are starting to grow, once removed it does the same as the fim method, but i think you have done it right this time, but if you find the leaves still grow and form properly then cut them back some more, when the leaves grow out that you cut they should be just a bit of shreaded leaf and shouldnt form a full leaf.

it will take some time to recover now so give it 5 to 7 days and you will then know if its worked or not, when you fim this early it can take longer to get results as the plant is not in rapid growth, now its ok to fim this early and it will still work, but its slower with seedlings, if it was a clone then it would not slow growth as much due to the age of the clone, but seedlings seem to take a while to pick up,

im sure you will be very pleased with the end results though, it should give you 4 main stems, i prefer to top the plant instead which then gives you just 2 main cola but if you do it early then you can top the plant, let the 2 new stems grow just 1 new node then top each stem, that will give you 4 main cola the same as fimming, both methods are pretty similar and give the same results in the end.

when i get up tomorrow ill try the leaf removal idea and see how well that works as ive not done it myself the same way, so ill totally cut off the new set of fan leaves thats been formed but wont cut the stem at all, ill see how that affects growth.

Taking a look at the plant's a little while ago and I find them thriving! The nutes evidently were accepted with love, the LST on the auto totally filled,out one side, so I just bent it the other way. Got some gnat issues, but other than bothersome I don't think they are hurting the plants.

Good weed jeff, gotta get rid of the gnats.......they come in the soil and prefer moister environments. They will hurt your plants........but you have plenty of time to get rid of em before they do. I use the sns products............but letting the medium dry out really well controls them better than anything!

Good Weed Day to all! I have pics! First one is the WW Auto Lady Galadriel Day 21. She is LST'd trying to get all branches pointed up so she is looking a little disoriented!
IMG_015922.JPG

The next here is the Silver LA Gimli at Day 16, going to need to start doing something to expose her underneath, those fan leaves are getting big!
IMG_016025.JPG

Happy Weed Day to all, any advice, tips, or meaningless gestures are welcome!!!

Good Weed Day to all! I have pics! First one is the WW Auto Lady Galadriel Day 21. She is LST'd trying to get all branches pointed up so she is looking a little disoriented!
IMG_015922.JPG

The next here is the Silver LA Gimli at Day 16, going to need to start doing something to expose her underneath, those fan leaves are getting big!
IMG_016025.JPG

Happy Weed Day to all, any advice, tips, or meaningless gestures are welcome!!!

Crap!, I'm gonna come ask YOU for advice!

Back
Top Bottom