DharmaBud's First Grow Soil White Widow Auto & Silver LA-2013

FOREARM??? :rofl:

IMO, just opinion, thats way too close. I know your t5 says its 40,000 lumens but its not. Its 8-5000 lumen bulbs. Your basically going from 5k lumens to 30,000! Let the plant grow into the light. Dont constantly re adjust every two days. I promise that if you hung that light as high as possible, you wont be able to see any harm to the plants. HID penatrate way better than Flouro's. Maybe split the difference and hang it like halfway up?
Im not a believer in the system of having the light just far enough away to not burn it. I use it for CFL's because the penetration is horible. IMO plants need room to use the energy and get big. If she starts feeling the heat she wont get taller becasue she will burn and die.

I relize this most of this is just opinion and I skimmed alot of technical data and whatnot, but I didnt want to go into full blown Research paper mode. :rofl:

get that light up to 24" for a coupla days and let em get used to it.....18" will give you rock hard products........depending on strain!

I approve this suggestion! :thumb:

Actually I knew t-5's were only 8000, but I was advised to lower it to a point where it wasn't hot to the plant, with the hand test. I will jack her up to 18" above plants. Remeber she is only at 50% right now, 200 watts

I think that method is much better when shes flowering. If you are worried about the auto, prop her up on a book or something but let the Photo girl get to growing! I want that tent filled all the way up. :):)

Thanks B.!!! Okay she is set at 18" above both. I will remind you again, she is at only 50% so only 200 watts out of 400 watts are coming out.

And I will remind you, you are talking to a guy with a cheap book case filled with small spiral CFL's.. ;)

She will grow Dharma, If I can grow in one of the most Ghetto setups ever, your setup + 50% of 200w HID will make my little grow look like a joke. Give it a few days then all you gotta do is turn up the volume once shes ready for the juice!

Heya Jeff, you're doing fine... do like McLoadie said and your girls will be fine... remember, the biggest mistake of most new growers... they over-care and over-baby their plants. Get them comfy, but remember that they're plants, not mammals... they'll run their normal cycle as long as the environment fits within an acceptable range ;) Your girls are looking fine :Namaste:

Hi mate, sorry not been around on here much but im in the middle of getting a mates car ready for a show, he screwed his gear selector up and changed from 3rd gear into 2nd instead of 4th and blew the gear box and bottom end of the engine to pieces, then he tells me he got a show he is taking it to and needs to running and race ready, so been getting messy rebuilding a new second hand enging and polishing the ports and all that crap, will be quick when its done but his last engine was pretty quick as well, but he chose to go out with a worn selector bearing and is now paying the price, or should i say im paying the price, so got him rolling spliffs and passing me spanners to try and get this beast back on the road.
my moms drive looks like scrapyard at the minute, luckily she gone away till sat so got time to get it sorted, at least im hoping.

anyways mate the plants look great, really nice green colour so clearly loving the environment their getting, so well done some reps coming your way.

with the temp gauge you need it at the same height as the top of the plant, the best distance for a 400watt light is around 1ft from the top of the plant, so anything below that will cause problems, with a cool tube you can lower it a bit more but the plants are young so you dont need a lot of penetration at this stage, if the plants is 2ft tall or more then the lower the light the better but for now anything above 1ft and below 2ft above the plants will be just fine.

i struggle with temps real bad so my grow door is open when the light is on, i run my timer to switch on and off when i know im awake so when its on 12-12 the light comes on at 12:00 and goes off at 00:00, so i open the door when the light comes on and close it when it goes off, so try and work your light timer around that, also run the lights at night so its off during the hottest part of the day but make sure their are no light leaks which is not a real biggy at this stage but dont take risks in flower.

plus raising the light will encourage the plants to stretch a litte and grow a bit quicker, cfls keep nodes very tight because the light is so close to the plants so they dont need to stretch, so as hids are hotter and you have them further from the plant then the plants tend to start stretching, so as you have flipped from t5's to hid then id start at a higher range over 1ft and lower it as the plant gets bigger until your at a level that works, i can keep mine at 1ft above the canopy and that works fine with mine but i need the grow door open to vent the temps.

but so far it looks like your doing a very good job, plants look nice and healthy,

High ya Jeff how are your ladys doing I managed to catch up with some pictures back so many posts man I havent been here for a while I will have a nice cup of tea an a biscuit please:grinjoint:
Oh an happy threetokedsay to you an all in here keep it going you are doing great, this is maybe a little late but what became of the girl that only sprouted two leaves?

Back
Top Bottom