Diagnose this

Lcjean

420 Member
I’m not sure what’s happening here. Too dry, too wet, or a deficiency. Please advise.

IMG_1447.jpeg

IMG_1448.jpeg

IMG_1451.jpeg

IMG_1450.jpeg

IMG_1449.jpeg

I’m not sure what’s happening here. Too dry, too wet, or a deficiency. Please advise.
Best thing will be to give some info. That way anyone who grows the same way, uses the same fertilizers, and has had similar looking plants might know what is going on.

What is in the pots? This is where the roots grow and a fair number of problems are from an unhealthy root system. Is it a mineral soil or a coco coir mix or something you mixed up yourself or is it something else. The name of the company and the name of the product. The more info the better.

What fertilizers are you using, how often are you fertilizing and how much each time? Are you fertilizing in between watering sessions or mixing water and fertilizer together each and every time? The name of the company and the name of the product is very helpful.

How many plants? It looks like something happened around Feb 13th. Maybe the seeds planted or a transplanting around that time. Looks like the remains of a peat pot showing in a couple of the photos.

First of all :welcome: to the forum @Lcjean :passitleft:
Second like @SmokingWings said more info is needed to diagnose this problem :hmmmm: it could be over watering, it could be too much nutrients, it could be your soil, we won't know till you give us specifics on lighting, watering/feeding cycles, soil being used, are you letting them dry out before watering, and so on :smokin:And anyone who just diagnosed your plant without knowing these things, has no clue what's going on, so help us help you, give us the info :high-five:

First of all :welcome: to the forum @Lcjean :passitleft:
Second like @SmokingWings said more info is needed to diagnose this problem :hmmmm: it could be over watering, it could be too much nutrients, it could be your soil, we won't know till you give us specifics on lighting, watering/feeding cycles, soil being used, are you letting them dry out before watering, and so on :smokin:And anyone who just diagnosed your plant without knowing these things, has no clue what's going on, so help us help you, give us the info :high-five:
More info would be helpful, but look at the plant, he's in some sort of soil (or there's chunks of wood in the coco), it's very, very, wet, the leaves are very dark green (too much N) and drooping (root issue?), the yellowing leaves have a classic look of overwatering, or as said, it could be a root/watering issue.

More info would be helpful, but look at the plant, he's in some sort of soil (or there's chunks of wood in the coco), it's very, very, wet, the leaves are very dark green (too much N) and drooping (root issue?), the yellowing leaves have a classic look of overwatering, or as said, it could be a root/watering issue.
I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest, but honestly, how positive are you :hmmmm: I've seen too many people chase their tails because they got some bad advice, without people really know what's going on, hell I've had a plant that look like that, and it was because I left my grow room door open and my dog actually pissed on it :rofl: looked just like that one too :thedoubletake:

First of all :welcome: to the forum @Lcjean :smokin:And anyone who just diagnosed your plant without knowing these things, has no clue what's going on, so help us help you, give us the info :high-five:

This was an inappropriate response. It's ok to have your opinion.

This kinda negativity will make the community less likely to respond.

You can blatantly make observations off of the pictures. More information..... sure it can help.

But at no time did anyone deserve to be dragged into your mud.

Let's keep things more positive, because that's what Keeps this community thriving!

This was an inappropriate response. It's ok to have your opinion.

This kinda negativity will make the community less likely to respond.

You can blatantly make observations off of the pictures. More information..... sure it can help.

But at no time did anyone deserve to be dragged into your mud.

Let's keep things more positive, because that's what Keeps this community thriving!
Well I'm sorry you feel like that OG, I thought it was appropriate as this guys plant is counting on it...I'm just keeping it real my friend, like I said, didn't mean to set off a hornets nest, but come on, get some info and BE SURE! :smokin:

Well I'm sorry you feel like that OG, I thought it was appropriate as this guys plant is counting on it...I'm just keeping it real my friend, like I said, didn't mean to set off a hornets nest, but come on, get some info and BE SURE! :smokin:
Everything you’re saying sounds so condescending. Sorry bud, be kind. We are here to help too. Slow down…

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Lcjean

Tell us a little of your growing situation? What type of soil do you use?
What do you use to feed her? How big is the light in your tent? What strain is she?
This should help.

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Welcome. As you can see there are plenty of helpful people here. We have a section dedicated to things like this where you could potentially receive even more aid. When dealing with a plant issue it is best practice to include as much information as you can. Here is the section, Frequently asked questions.

I don't think @MochaBud was out of line but then again I've been in some real shit shows on other weed forums so this is nothing in comparison! 😆

This is a public forum. Lots of different people with different modes of communication. In as much as I think it's a good idea to communicate with a light hand to the newbs coddling them will teach them nothing. They need to go through killing plants just like we did so that they learn what not to do!😄 IMO, if you really want to learn you take it as it is handed to you regardless of how it was dealt. You're asking for info. They're kindly offering. Take it as you see fit.

From the information provided I'm going to agree overwatered. I'll go further and say that the overwater locked out some of the ions and allowed an overabundance of N. My amateur solution would be to allow the soil to dry back and back off your light to give your plant some time to recover. The dry back should lessen the lock out allowing the needed ions and rebalance the plant to get back into growth mode. Nothing else needs be done. Just let it work itself out.

Is the problem on this plant related to the other problem plants you mentioned over the past month or two? Maybe while you were gone for a couple of weeks and your husband had to take care of them as you mentioned in the other message thread?

I have seen other growers post problems that look very similar to what your plant looks like and I have had a few that also end up looking like that. In my case I have traced back the similar looking problem to plants that are in smaller pots and have become root-bound. Then occasionally they end up being under-watered because they looked OK in the morning but because of the limited amount of soil it dries out by afternoon and the plant is severely wilting.

Hopefully when the plant is moved into a larger pot of soil and the watering issues go away the plant recovers. But, at times the plant never fully recovers. It develops a decent canopy of leaves but the lower leaves start to brown, wilt and then fall off. And, this is a continuous thing, always nice new leaves and always the lower canopy wilting. The plant gets taller but the canopy itself remains the same size.

Hi @Lcjean have a read through this then come back with the rest of the info :

as for the rest we should talk to the mods. this needs to be made more prominent so folk needing help respond with the information needed. any diagnosis without is really just a dart toss. too many folk just want an instant answer spoon fed. growing doesn't work that way.

i see a few things it could be but will prefer to wait for more info instead of taking a wild guess.

Back
Top Bottom