Dick23rk's Fresh Start: Mantis Nutrients Featuring MedicGrow's New Spectrum X+ 880w Light Panel

Does the vaporizer have a filter? Might need to be replaced. Also if the plants are younger they need less light. Also different strains want more or less light. I think it may be the intensity of the lights. Especially since that was your only real change.
Dwc still looking down, I thought maybe it was coming back today but I guess not. The node growth is still pushing out, new growth each day, slowly.

I have managed to get up to 30% humidity but that seems to be the max with exhaust off and not pulling in any warm air. That puts my Temps down a few degrees, 22 to 19, which actually is a little better according to the VPD chart. But still not where I'd like it. I don't think the vicks vaporizer works properly, I remember it giving off a lot more steam and going through water faster. It's old, time to replace it sometime.

I needed to raise my humidity and got this one. In a 5x5 it raised my humidity 20%. It works very well. Might work for you, I don't know. But it is a good one.
1618310008541.png

The color and leaf structure look good. They just look...sad.
Yeah that's what I thought, got good color and nice sized leaves, just droopy. No better this morning either, lights only been on an hour.
You may need to descale the vaporizer with some vinegar.
Good idea. It sat for quite some time and our tap water sucks. Will try that after work today.
Does the vaporizer have a filter? Might need to be replaced. Also if the plants are younger they need less light. Also different strains want more or less light. I think it may be the intensity of the lights. Especially since that was your only real change.
No filter that I can see unless it's built in.
The dwc plants are on day 33, not so young anymore. And the light panel is turned almost all the way down. I wouldn't think its putting out more intensity right now over the 600w MH they were under.. not sure
I'm about ready to just crank it up and hope for the best.
I needed to raise my humidity and got this one. In a 5x5 it raised my humidity 20%. It works very well. Might work for you, I don't know. But it is a good one.
1618310008541.png
I need to raise the rh in a 10x12 room, starting out at 20-25%
I've been looking at some of the bigger commercial style humidifiers, it's just out of my price range right now.

Yeah that's what I thought, got good color and nice sized leaves, just droopy. No better this morning either, lights only been on an hour.

Good idea. It sat for quite some time and our tap water sucks. Will try that after work today.

No filter that I can see unless it's built in.
The dwc plants are on day 33, not so young anymore. And the light panel is turned almost all the way down. I wouldn't think its putting out more intensity right now over the 600w MH they were under.. not sure
I'm about ready to just crank it up and hope for the best.

I need to raise the rh in a 10x12 room, starting out at 20-25%
I've been looking at some of the bigger commercial style humidifiers, it's just out of my price range right now.
Oh duh, of course. Yeah mine's way too small for that. Sorry. Lol.

Oh duh, of course. Yeah mine's way too small for that. Sorry. Lol.
No worries Jon. Hopefully it will warm up and rain more around here and I won't have to worry about it til next fall/winter. By then I will have something ready to combat the evil rh

I am beginning to think that it's not the plants getting used to the light. I went in this morning and now bucket #1 has leaves drooping more and touching the lid like bucket #2. It's been more than 4 days under the new light, never seen a plant take this long to adjust and then get worse. I'm at a loss, I turned the light up to 60% this morning before going to work. I'm back home early due to weather, will watch them through the day and see if there's any change.

I was just in there for another quick peak, no changes on the dwc since this morning.

I had a quick look at the skunks and they seem to be chugging along again after being topped and stripped. Nodal growth has picked back up and I noticed on one (I didn't check all 4) we have some pistols showing. These plants are now reaching maturity and we should should starting asymmetrical node growth, where new nodes won't be exactly beside one another. Good to know my fems are fems :cheesygrinsmiley:

Darn ya moved on a lot over the years since the hempy :woohoo:

Gonna need time to flick over the new stuff.

Darn ya moved on a lot over the years since the hempy :woohoo:

Gonna need time to flick over the new stuff.
Haha that's for sure, no more home made tent. There was a couple journals in between the hempys and now, but you didn't miss much :laughtwo:

You're just in time for the fun, will be flipping within 2 weeks.

Ok, just making another note here, I will add this to the next update as well.

Looks like my UC Roots may not arrive this week, could be Monday. So while we wait for it to show up, and with the on going unexplainable dwc issues going on, I decided to go with some H2O2 in the res.

I did a little searching around and found some ratios to use for different % h2o2. Drug store here in town is only place to grab it and all they had was 3%. The greenhouse a couple towns over may have had something but doubtful. And I wasn't going to the city for food grade. Lots of people have used the drug store stuff with no issues.

So I added it at a ratio of 10ml per gallon, a little lower than some of the recommended doses. Others I found were 3ml per liter, which would be up to 15ml per gallon.

Had the plants removed from the buckets, added 30ml slowly to each res while it was bubbling to get it mixed up good. Waited a few minutes and moved the stone around some. Checked ph and tds, was still the same. Then set the plants back in. Now we wait to see if anything happens I guess. I'm running out of options, but they continue to grow, slowly.

Here are the readings for the res today.
Ph/TDS/Temp(c)
Bucket #1 - 5.62 / 707 / 18.3
Bucket #2 - 5.56 / 676 / 18.1

Howdy do

What a fabulous, detailed journal. Hopefully you will iron your issues out soon mate.
Wishing you luck.

Oh! Do I have hand her over to someone else now? I'm really fond of her..
She's walking with a limp now. :laugh:

Ok, just making another note here, I will add this to the next update as well.

Looks like my UC Roots may not arrive this week, could be Monday. So while we wait for it to show up, and with the on going unexplainable dwc issues going on, I decided to go with some H2O2 in the res.

I did a little searching around and found some ratios to use for different % h2o2. Drug store here in town is only place to grab it and all they had was 3%. The greenhouse a couple towns over may have had something but doubtful. And I wasn't going to the city for food grade. Lots of people have used the drug store stuff with no issues.

So I added it at a ratio of 10ml per gallon, a little lower than some of the recommended doses. Others I found were 3ml per liter, which would be up to 15ml per gallon.

Had the plants removed from the buckets, added 30ml slowly to each res while it was bubbling to get it mixed up good. Waited a few minutes and moved the stone around some. Checked ph and tds, was still the same. Then set the plants back in. Now we wait to see if anything happens I guess. I'm running out of options, but they continue to grow, slowly.

Here are the readings for the res today.
Ph/TDS/Temp(c)
Bucket #1 - 5.62 / 707 / 18.3
Bucket #2 - 5.56 / 676 / 18.1
Hey @dick23rk
Is that just to add extra oxygen, or kill / clean something off matey?

Howdy do

What a fabulous, detailed journal. Hopefully you will iron your issues out soon mate.
Wishing you luck.

Oh! Do I have hand her over to someone else now? I'm really fond of her..
She's walking with a limp now. :laugh:
Thanks very much squiggle! I'm hoping they come back around since they had been doing so well. But its part of the hiccups in learning hydro I'm sure.

Yep, gotta send ol' Betty on her way now. Hope you didn't become too attached.
I think you'd better whip her back in shape for the upcoming riding contest. :laughtwo:
Hey @dick23rk
Is that just to add extra oxygen, or kill / clean something off matey?
The extra oxygen is an added bonus to using it. But yes, it was to make sure there wasn't any root issues happening, it will kill off root rot if caught early and other pathogens.

They responded to the h202 I think lol. I could be killing them, at this point who knows :laughtwo:
I'll take it as it comes. I knew going into this it could be disastrous.

If I keep seeing growth they will stay there. Just wish I knew what was up. I'm sure humidity is playing its part.

That humidifier can't come soon enough.

That humidifier can't come soon enough.
I just wish I knew if that was actually the issue. My other 2 strains in pots are fine, just grow slower

I just wish I knew if that was actually the issue. My other 2 strains in pots are fine, just grow slower
Well, if it isn't you'll have it in place anyway. No downside. Sure looks like humidity to me. Maybe strain specific.

Well, if it isn't you'll have it in place anyway. No downside. Sure looks like humidity to me. Maybe strain specific.
That's right.
I'm kind of contemplating starting 2 more seeds in case they die and just start over, keep on trying right.
Im also thinking I should start a separate dwc journal for this.
I'm wondering if @GoogleGenie would mind weighing in on any suggestions?
Good thinking. The more minds the better. Thank you rexer.

Good thinking. The more minds the better. Thank you rexer.

We'll get this fixed- I've seen it before. I'm just stumped on my memory and if GG can't help or isn't around, we'll find someone.

If I may be so bold? In the meantime- turn your light down a tad, and raise your reservoir temps closer to 20C

Back
Top Bottom