Dilemma dilemma! What to grow next

Doctor Trevor

I harvested Janet (CB Dutch Treat), yesterday and I'm preparing my next crop. I have one CB Dutch Treat seed and three Blue Dream seeds. My plan is to grow two in my 4 x 4 x 6 tent.

Here's my problem:

The CBDT is supposed to be photo. I've grown four of them (out of five seeds I bought). Two of them were photos and two were autos. This last seed can go either way. I've written to the seed farm twice, when I learned I had autos; they did not reply.

All things being equal, I can do one CBDT and one BD. Or I could do two BDs. Growing three would be tight in the tent, especially if they are all photos.

Feel free to discuss.

Well, first thing... see what germinates. If you get lucky and all 3 germinate, you could grown them all. When they get maybe a couple feet tall, make a decision which to keep. If you keep all 3, and the CBDT turns out to be an auto, then it will be small... it just might fit in there with the other 2.

On the other hand, if only 2 germinate, or only 1... just grow out what you get.

good luck! 🌱

I think @HashGirl had the same problem with seeds from that supplier. I wonder if it's the same breeder?

I would go with 2 Blue Dream personally. It grew quite a bit faster than everything else when I grew it, and if you're going to be squeezed for space with two plants raising one up to get enough light will be a PITA.

I harvested Janet (CB Dutch Treat), yesterday and I'm preparing my next crop. I have one CB Dutch Treat seed and three Blue Dream seeds. My plan is to grow two in my 4 x 4 x 6 tent.

Here's my problem:

The CBDT is supposed to be photo. I've grown four of them (out of five seeds I bought). Two of them were photos and two were autos. This last seed can go either way. I've written to the seed farm twice, when I learned I had autos; they did not reply.

All things being equal, I can do one CBDT and one BD. Or I could do two BDs. Growing three would be tight in the tent, especially if they are all photos.

Feel free to discuss.

I think @HashGirl had the same problem with seeds from that supplier. I wonder if it's the same breeder?

I would go with 2 Blue Dream personally. It grew quite a bit faster than everything else when I grew it, and if you're going to be squeezed for space with two plants raising one up to get enough light will be a PITA.

I did have the same issue with the Seed Pharm. Considering they're a sponsor, I'm not impressed.

The Seed Pharm.jpg

I ordered 5 Pineapple Express photoperiod seeds and 5 Clementine photoperiod seeds. I had planned to grow 2 of each but when all 4 started flowering in the veg tent under 20/4 lighting on April 1, I knew I had a problem.

I contacted the vendor and they said they would replace any seeds that turned out to be autos but it was a one-time offer and it was only available for 6 months.

So, despite not really having the space or time, I'm now growing all 10 seeds in addition to the 14 other plants I have going to see if they're autos.

I tried growing 2 photos and 1 auto in the same box. But for what ever reason the auto grew slower than the photos. So when it was time to flip to 12/12 i had to find a space for the auto to still get her 20 hrs of light. I should have let the auto get started before her photo sisters, live an learn... sometimes

Back
Top Bottom