2nd Grow, 1st Dilemma?

ontheline

420 Member
Good day everybody, This is my 2nd attempt at an indoor grow with auto's and my 1st real delima since I can't find any info online. Germination went well as did the 1st planting on 4-1. By Sunday eve. I could see the beginnings of the sprouts breaking through and last night it looked like 1 plant actually has 2 stems coming up and this morning I was able to get the clear photo attached. I know it's best for 1 plant per pot so I don't know what I should do. My goal is to grow 6 plants in a 32x32 tent in 3 gal. pots and I'm thinking there's not room for a 7th if I try to separate this plant at some point. Any guidance or suggestions will be appreciated.

two stems resized.jpg

Thank you both, Growing and StoneOtter. You both have given me something to think about. I think Growing's comment is encouraging and the prospect of getting 2 for 1 is an enticing challenge as a newb though my initial thought was to separate and loose 1 now rather than risking 2 later. I'm thinking I'll give them a day or two to give the bigger one a chance to get a little stronger if I decide to separate.

That doesn't seem like two plants from one seed to me, the space between them and the fact that they both have intact cotyledons and no funky growth makes me pretty sure they came from separate seeds, which would mean they would be super easy to separate now, but the larger they get the more difficult it will become.

I am definitely in the camp of only one per pot. Is two in a pot doable, sure, but neither of them is going to be really happy, even if you can manage to keep up with their needs. Unless you're moving them up to a really really large container - But even if you do that, they're WAY too close to each other right now to be successful.

I am definitely in the camp of only one per pot. Is two in a pot doable, sure, but neither of them is going to be really happy, even if you can manage to keep up with their needs. Unless you're moving them up to a really really large container - But even if you do that, they're WAY too close to each other right now to be successful.

And if you running Reg seeds a real big mess if you find out one of each sex ;) :rofl:

Since I germinated and planted 6 seeds I'm thinking when I planted the tap root instead of one end pointing down both ends were pointed up. I admit I didn't pay a lot of attention of what the bottom end did once it was put in the soil. As these photos show, 6 seeds germinating and 7 plants coming up. The 2nd pot on the left is the one with 2 coming up.

6 germanating resized.jpg

6 seedlings resized.jpg

autos are not all feminized, sorry

Though they rare though as the majority it for whatever reason. Maybe not so stable in a Reg for the Auto trait, as a Fem more a copy of the plant you did the reversal on, but I have no idea as don't run Auto's (well or the one time I did it wasn't an AU, from an unnamed former Sponsor ;) :rofl:) .

That doesn't seem like two plants from one seed to me, the space between them and the fact that they both have intact cotyledons and no funky growth makes me pretty sure they came from separate seeds, which would mean they would be super easy to separate now, but the larger they get the more difficult it will become.

If all make it to replanting stage, 3 gal. pots at most. I posted 2 photos above but think I didn't use the reply function.

Good day everybody, This is my 2nd attempt at an indoor grow with auto's and my 1st real delima since I can't find any info online. Germination went well as did the 1st planting on 4-1. By Sunday eve. I could see the beginnings of the sprouts breaking through and last night it looked like 1 plant actually has 2 stems coming up and this morning I was able to get the clear photo attached. I know it's best for 1 plant per pot so I don't know what I should do. My goal is to grow 6 plants in a 32x32 tent in 3 gal. pots and I'm thinking there's not room for a 7th if I try to separate this plant at some point. Any guidance or suggestions will be appreciated.

two stems resized.jpg

hey @ontheline

here are my two pots, 2 plants per pot. also if you look at my signature for my previous grows, i had one pot with 4 plants in

20220110_114742.jpg

Back
Top Bottom