DobeWan's Perpetual Adventure

Thanks! I had a rough day with my stomach yesterday but got out with my son for 30 minutes or so, and that was at least somewhat therapeutic. It’s just frustrating to be sick so often, you know?

Gosh I do know, hard to make plans when you don't know the fate of your tummy. I just do oil, shhhmokies, and ice packs to get me past my episodes. I've also had to eat smaller portions at meal time, in fact, all I do is snack now throughout the day except for breakfast.

It's such a painful thing for you, it's a game changer. I wish you better my friend. :hug:

Chocolope drying is just about done. It'll be bottled by the end of the weekend. Can't wait to take a final weight. I left a bud out on the counter to sample later.

I'll aim to get an update up tomorrow or Sunday as I transition to week 2 of flower.

Tried the Chocolope last night. It’s really good! I could tell immediately that it would be strong thanks to how thick the first bag of vapour was. The second bag was thick white. The head high came on strongly after the second bag. The high was entirely in the head. Not psychedelic so much as positive and euphoric. I tried mixing nutes after it kicked in and mindlessly ruined a batch. It went very well with playing some video games on the couch but there was not any couch lock effect whatsoever - it is, after all, a sativa that is newly dried.

The smell and taste were flowery on the first bag and reminiscent of those red cinnamon candies on the second. I think the taste and effects will deepen as it cures and can’t wait to see where it ends up in a couple of months.

Hey folks. It is with some sadness, but with a positive view to the future, that I post this update. I'm sure some of you will second guess my decision and that's fine, to each his or her own - but for me, this was the right decision.

I decided to cull my plants. All of them. Let me explain why.

I'm a medical user in Canada. I have a prescription from my doctor. Previously, I used that prescription to buy from our legal producers in Canada. Eventually the realization came that growing my own made far more sense, so I saw my doctor again and had her fill out the documentation for me to grow. That documentation had to be sent to Health Canada to finish my registration. That was 6 months ago.

When I got my grow prescription, I figured I'd start some seeds and by the time I harvested, I'd be in the clear. As I learned how this all worked, I moved to a perpetual setup and started more seeds. By the start of September, I had harvested my first grow and flipped my second to flower - and still no sign of my registration. 2 more months passed, taking me to the end of October, and I was pulling my 2nd harvest. Still no registration.

At the end of flower, Chocolope was really smelling strongly. Unfortunately, I got sick and spent only the bare minimum time tending my crop. I missed that my exhaust fan had been disconnected from my carbon filter in the flower tent, sending unfiltered air into my back yard. Then right before my Chocolope harvest, we had a warm weekend and I got out to work in the yard. My neighbour with whom I have a poor relationship was out in his yard as well. I came to the realization there's no way this neighbour, who is motivated to get me in trouble, would have missed the smell of dank weed in the yard. And he'd know exactly where it was coming from.

That got me panicked. I have a family, a good job, etc and didn't want to risk that. It might have been different but after pulling LA Confidential and Kushy Kush in particular, I'm good on my key meds for some time. I don't need this harvest. I do need to not be in trouble with the law.

So I spent the last week+ agonizing over what to do, knowing full well there was only 1 option. Without any progress on my registration last week, I made the call this weekend to chop it all down. I watered the plants last night, still trying to convince myself I should keep them. But I knew I couldn't. Maybe if I didn't have a family, but anything else would have been selfish.

Tonight, I cut all of my plants - my 4 just entering their second week of flower, and my 2 mothers - down. My tents are empty for the first time in 6 months.

I'm choosing to view this in a positive light. Yeah, it sucked big time to cut down those 4 beautiful plants that were well on their way to crushing it in flower. But I'm going to look at it like this. I lost 2 months of time, and $100 or so in seeds, another amount in nutes and hydro costs for the lighting. What I didn't lose was my knowledge. I gained SO much in the last 6 months. I'm confident my next plants from seed will crush those I had going in flower now. I know exactly what I need to do from day one until harvest. The second my registration comes through - and it's going to kill me if that's next week! - I'll be starting seeds. I could even start the same 4 plants again, as I have additional seeds of each strain.

So what have I really lost? Nothing that can't be replaced. That confirms it's the right move for me.

I'll give it a day or two before I close down the journal - time enough for friends to read the update so they know I haven't just disappeared. I won't be going anywhere though. The journal will go away, but once I'm out of the woods with my busy time later in the month, I'll still be active in peoples' journals like I used to be. And even for my journal, this is only a temporary lapse rather than an end. I will most definitely start a new journal once things get back underway.

Sorry guys. I wanted to rock this grow. I'll be back and better than ever before long. And I'll enjoy my healthy stash (which I can legally possess without my grow registration) in the meantime.

Hey folks. It is with some sadness, but with a positive view to the future, that I post this update. I'm sure some of you will second guess my decision and that's fine, to each his or her own - but for me, this was the right decision.

I decided to cull my plants. All of them. Let me explain why.

I'm a medical user in Canada. I have a prescription from my doctor. Previously, I used that prescription to buy from our legal producers in Canada. Eventually the realization came that growing my own made far more sense, so I saw my doctor again and had her fill out the documentation for me to grow. That documentation had to be sent to Health Canada to finish my registration. That was 6 months ago.

When I got my grow prescription, I figured I'd start some seeds and by the time I harvested, I'd be in the clear. As I learned how this all worked, I moved to a perpetual setup and started more seeds. By the start of September, I had harvested my first grow and flipped my second to flower - and still no sign of my registration. 2 more months passed, taking me to the end of October, and I was pulling my 2nd harvest. Still no registration.

At the end of flower, Chocolope was really smelling strongly. Unfortunately, I got sick and spent only the bare minimum time tending my crop. I missed that my exhaust fan had been disconnected from my carbon filter in the flower tent, sending unfiltered air into my back yard. Then right before my Chocolope harvest, we had a warm weekend and I got out to work in the yard. My neighbour with whom I have a poor relationship was out in his yard as well. I came to the realization there's no way this neighbour, who is motivated to get me in trouble, would have missed the smell of dank weed in the yard. And he'd know exactly where it was coming from.

That got me panicked. I have a family, a good job, etc and didn't want to risk that. It might have been different but after pulling LA Confidential and Kushy Kush in particular, I'm good on my key meds for some time. I don't need this harvest. I do need to not be in trouble with the law.

So I spent the last week+ agonizing over what to do, knowing full well there was only 1 option. Without any progress on my registration last week, I made the call this weekend to chop it all down. I watered the plants last night, still trying to convince myself I should keep them. But I knew I couldn't. Maybe if I didn't have a family, but anything else would have been selfish.

Tonight, I cut all of my plants - my 4 just entering their second week of flower, and my 2 mothers - down. My tents are empty for the first time in 6 months.

I'm choosing to view this in a positive light. Yeah, it sucked big time to cut down those 4 beautiful plants that were well on their way to crushing it in flower. But I'm going to look at it like this. I lost 2 months of time, and $100 or so in seeds, another amount in nutes and hydro costs for the lighting. What I didn't lose was my knowledge. I gained SO much in the last 6 months. I'm confident my next plants from seed will crush those I had going in flower now. I know exactly what I need to do from day one until harvest. The second my registration comes through - and it's going to kill me if that's next week! - I'll be starting seeds. I could even start the same 4 plants again, as I have additional seeds of each strain.

So what have I really lost? Nothing that can't be replaced. That confirms it's the right move for me.

I'll give it a day or two before I close down the journal - time enough for friends to read the update so they know I haven't just disappeared. I won't be going anywhere though. The journal will go away, but once I'm out of the woods with my busy time later in the month, I'll still be active in peoples' journals like I used to be. And even for my journal, this is only a temporary lapse rather than an end. I will most definitely start a new journal once things get back underway.

Sorry guys. I wanted to rock this grow. I'll be back and better than ever before long. And I'll enjoy my healthy stash (which I can legally possess without my grow registration) in the meantime.
Dobe you will be missed but not forgotten. We all have our hurdles and yours right now has sent you in a direction that only you can know how to handle it. Don't ever second guess such an important decision as sometimes it's better to be safe than pushing the boundaries of the law. Hope you're back soon as you will be missed
Derbybud

Hope you get you're registration soon Dobe

Dobe you will be missed but not forgotten. We all have our hurdles and yours right now has sent you in a direction that only you can know how to handle it. Don't ever second guess such an important decision as sometimes it's better to be safe than pushing the boundaries of the law. Hope you're back soon as you will be missed
Derbybud

Thanks guys. I won’t be a stranger! Just have been busy lately. I’ve been trying to at least check in every couple of days with both of your journals and a few others. I should be able to get back to normal in a few weeks when busy life stuff dies down.

I’ll share my Chocolope and 24K Gold dry weights before finishing too. About to go bottle Chocolope now and finish the night on a positive note.

Final Chocolope tally:

48.69g trim
17.03g popcorn

32.14g lesser buds
57.01g premium buds

Total of 89.15g dry bud. 3.15 ounces! My new record!

This is premium bud. Not the first time I’ve grown a premium strain, but the first time the result was something I’d show off to friends with pride. This is the first strain for which I fed correctly in flower and it shows in the end result.

I’ll do a proper smoke report later in the year but after trying without curing, I’m very excited to see how this develops. It’s a definite winner that should only improve as the flavour and effects deepen.

Hey Dobe, I think you did the right thing in your case, especially if you have a PITA neighbor watching your every move! Better to be safe than sorry.

The way bureaucracy works really makes one scratch his head...what should be a simple process is dragged out for months...its like they have a quota on incompetence to fill.

You have a good supply on hand and all the equipment and knowledge at the ready so when you get your license it will be green again in no time!

Damn man that sucks but being a family man myself I understand your decision. At least you have some top notch meds and a family still. It's not worth risking leaving your fam. Good luck on your registration.

Hey dobe looking forward to your next journal. The wifes registration took 5 1/2 months to get here so we understand your concern. We were on the fence. Do we? Don't we? In the end we figured it wouldn't be worth it IF the worst happened. It's just a matter of time. Better to be safe then sorry. There is a Number you can call to make sure they actually have your info and are working on it.

Thanks OTM. The bureaucracy in this case is just crazy. It's really letting sick Canadians (in this case) down when they have to wait half a year for what should be a formality.

DD, appreciate it. I've been crazy busy lately but will be watching your grow. Us coco bros have to stick together.

Jim, 100% agree. I call every week, ask the same questions, get the same responses. I wish I had the means to mount a legal challenge as it seems like that's the only way anything is ever corrected, but I don't need that stress or $. I'm going to strongly encourage my wife to get the ball rolling on her own grow registration to help protect against any lapses. And I'm going to reach out to my doctor to renew - which is crazy considering my registration isn't even done yet.

The worst part is they are dated from the time they receive them. There was a case of some guy that got busted and his Cert. was in the mail, cops had to return his equipment. I have heard the renewal has been streamlined and sped up some though.

Kushy Kush: 62.91g
LA Confidential 68.42g
Chocolope: 89.15g
24K Gold: 31.63g

Total round 2 dry weight: 252.01g = 8.89 oz!

Just measured 24K2. Smoke report coming before I close the journal.

The worst part is they are dated from the time they receive them. There was a case of some guy that got busted and his Cert. was in the mail, cops had to return his equipment. I have heard the renewal has been streamlined and sped up some though.

Yeah, and the worst case is, the clinic sat on their hands for 2 months after my appointment, so Health Canada didn’t even receive it until July. So my 6 month wait is actually 4 months with Health Canada. Still ridiculous.

I miss tending to the plants, it’s therapeutic. Going to give the tents and gear a thorough cleaning this weekend so I’ll be ready once word comes that I’m good to go.

Back
Top Bottom