Doc Bud: All Organic OG Kush SCROG

Yikes. Did they have any ripe or open sacs?

None, I have another 5 in veg. They are going in tomorrow. Hoping for 5 out of 5. They are DJ Short Blueberry. At least thats what the package my friend gave me says. The only female is in a 5 gallon smart pot, with FFOF, and Happy Frog Fruit and Flower. Dont recommed product.

Well Doc I hope you and your family have an awesome new year. Thanks for all the tremendous advice.

Peace
onegramperwat

here is an Azomite question for you Doc;

I just received my package of Azomite yesterday. I already have plants in the flowering room at at 7, 5 and 2 weeks. Would it benefit them to mix some of the azomite powder in the top of the soil, or mix some in with the nutes at the next watering?

here is an Azomite question for you Doc;

I just received my package of Azomite yesterday. I already have plants in the flowering room at at 7, 5 and 2 weeks. Would it benefit them to mix some of the azomite powder in the top of the soil, or mix some in with the nutes at the next watering?

It wouldn't hurt a thing to add some Azomite. Only good things could come from such an action.

The other thing you can do is brew a tea; worm tea, compost tea, guano tea....and add azomite to the brew. Microbes love the micro's....in fact, they need 'em.

However, you don't need to over do it.....one or two applications should do the trick.....they are MICRO nutes.......

wow man your plants always amaze me at how perfectly healthy they are. textbook buds for sure. keep up the killer work, you're an inspiration to us all

agreed! Your top shelf Doc.

You guys are very nice.....thank you both. :thanks:

Just remember, anyone can do this......

Environment
Genetics
water
fertilizer

My success is almost entirely due to the fact that I've invested in high quality, effective environmental controls.

Because of this, I've been able to grow very high quality weed with commercial soil, unamended, and OC+.....both available at Ace Hardware in my area.

It's the environment.....

Hey Doc! It's a new month...did you give any thought to entering the Plant (or Nug) of the Month contest? :)

:thumb:

Oh well... Such beautiful specimens...I bet you'd be in the running every month you entered!

Don't worry, I'll probably ask you again with your next picture update!

:Namaste:

Hey doc! Your plants are excelling as expected. I'm about to start another grow but I have a noise issue. My 4inch fan makes too much noise but is essential in cooling my 400w light. Do you have any recommendations/techniques/ or mods on how to silence the fan to a soft murmur or hum? Any help would be appreciated. I'm growing in a 2x3 cab. The light is in a cooltube with one end connected to a carbon filter sitting in the cab and the other end to the fan which blows air out of the cab.

Hey doc! Your plants are excelling as expected. I'm about to start another grow but I have a noise issue. My 4inch fan makes too much noise but is essential in cooling my 400w light. Do you have any recommendations/techniques/ or mods on how to silence the fan to a soft murmur or hum? Any help would be appreciated. I'm growing in a 2x3 cab. The light is in a cooltube with one end connected to a carbon filter sitting in the cab and the other end to the fan which blows air out of the cab.

Small spaces are challenging, because small usually means "stealth." I've never looked at fans in terms of noise, but I seem to recall seeing advertisements for "quiet" fans somewhere.

It's unfortunate that you've got to grow in such a small space.....just do the best you can, I suppose.

I wish I could help more, but my expertise is more in the area of setting up an optimal environment.....not a stealthy one.

Hey doc lovin the grow so far and I dig your modified super soil recipe.

I had a question about the chocolate thai. You haven't mentioned it much so I wondered if you could elaborate on the strain a bit. Have you grown it/smoked it and any details you'd care to take the time to type out. I have what I believe are about 15 thai bagseeds and if its the real deal I wanna do a seed run...

The bags I got the seeds from were some really decent bud. Smoked good but it looked like some frown. But the chocolate taste was almost too chocolatey to believe - like open the bag and it smelled like a box of cocoa puffs. I almost wondered it it had been treated somehow, but it burned clean and hit smooth.

Re: the noisy fans - I only have experience with pc fans, but the principle is probably the same so I thought I might make some suggestions. First try some isolators - like rubber or silicone gaskets. If that doesn't help, bigger fans at lower rpms will almost always be quieter and have comparable or greater cfm. But you may already know all that.

Hey doc I was wonderin how you would go about heating a garage with a 4x4 in it? Economicly that is..lolit gets to about 50 here at night and running lights at night isn't an option for me?

Hey doc lovin the grow so far and I dig your modified super soil recipe.

I had a question about the chocolate thai. You haven't mentioned it much so I wondered if you could elaborate on the strain a bit. Have you grown it/smoked it and any details you'd care to take the time to type out. I have what I believe are about 15 thai bagseeds and if its the real deal I wanna do a seed run...

The bags I got the seeds from were some really decent bud. Smoked good but it looked like some frown. But the chocolate taste was almost too chocolatey to believe - like open the bag and it smelled like a box of cocoa puffs. I almost wondered it it had been treated somehow, but it burned clean and hit smooth.

Re: the noisy fans - I only have experience with pc fans, but the principle is probably the same so I thought I might make some suggestions. First try some isolators - like rubber or silicone gaskets. If that doesn't help, bigger fans at lower rpms will almost always be quieter and have comparable or greater cfm. But you may already know all that.

Great advice on the fans....thanks!

I've got about 40 unusual elite strains that I'm growing for the first time. I don't know much about them, except that many are crosses of pure, landrace genetics, or are pure and uncrossed.

I've got Lemon Thai and Chocolate Thai right now. The lemon thai is 4 weeks further along than the chocolate, so i'll be talking about the chocolate more in the coming weeks.

There is a very frustrating problem however:

People are friggin morons when it comes to weed. They have no concept of what makes good weed! They think all buds need to be as dense as charcoal briquettes. Dense=good, loose=bad.

WRONG!!! Equatorial sativas are going to be very loose! They're also going to be unbelievably good smoke.....but the average moron will pass them up for the dense hydro GDP and will miss out on something very special.

I'm trying to change that misconception in my circle of influence.....so I'm growing out a bunch of unusual, non-commercial strains to try to find something really special. Thai genetics are very promising in this regard.

Here are some general observations when growing Thai strains:

1.)skip veg time. 12/12 from the start! These plants never see more than 13 or 14 hours of daylight...usually 12. Longer photoperiods will make the plant do things it hasn't done in thousands of years.....which usually results in crappy outcome.

2.)Higher temps, day and night: 84/70 slightly higher humidity: 55/65% rh.

3.)Light feeding overall. Don't try to cram nutes down their throats.....I messed up last grow by mixing the soil too hot.

4.)don't harvest too soon.....we're talking long flowering times.......12 weeks or so. They may look ready sooner, but if you let them go a while, they get better.

5.)lots of light. More light.

6.)Large pots with soil that drains well.

With the Columbian, I literally followed the weather reports in Santa Marta and made the greenhouse do the same.

I'll take some more pics of the Lemon thai soon.....it's looking pretty good.

Doc, your garden is a snapshot of Eden. I don't know if I could stand it, looking in on those beauties everyday:Namaste:. It hurts so good looking at your updates:smokin: lol, very rewarding of you to share your recipes in such a manner:high-five:, so the majority of us can try to duplicate what we can with hopes of having that superb tasting and quality med that is desired.:green_heart:

Doc, I am still in the soil/ OC+/organic teas mode I add 2 teaspoons of epsom salts per gallon when I add the tea I make, is this enough? By the way your impact on my growing has made improvements in every way, thankyou.

Back
Top Bottom