Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I hear ya, I just didn't want a bunch of people unfamiliar with the kit start to have problems and blast Doc with a bunch of "what's wrong with my plants" questions. I'm really glad he decided to do this on his prized strain.

Oh, I'm worried about that too! That's why I'm hoping to develop a coco-version of the amendment. It takes time to do such a thing, gotta grow it, harvest it, test it, tweak the mix....re-grow, etc.

In the meantime, except for a few pics on 1 plant this cycle, I've only grown in Peat Moss, and there are still terps and bag appeal....

Just checked veg plants only found 2 thrips on a total of 8 questionable leaves that I pulled. Seems to be working. Not going to spray neem oil today as the plants don't like it much. Will keep checking for bugs every day and if they are gone can put these to bloom soon

Just checked veg plants only found 2 thrips on a total of 8 questionable leaves that I pulled. Seems to be working. Not going to spray neem oil today as the plants don't like it much. Will keep checking for bugs every day and if they are gone can put these to bloom soon

Not sure the variety of THRIPS you have but here is some info on the cal variety

The Californian thrips, for instance, takes 15 days to complete the cycle at 26ºC (79ºF) but 44 days at 20ºC (68ºF). The eggs are laid individually in the parenchyma cells of young leaves, petals or tender stalks. A female lays between 60 and 100 eggs in the course of her life. After incubation the larvae appear.

Not sure the variety of THRIPS you have but here is some info on the cal variety

The Californian thrips, for instance, takes 15 days to complete the cycle at 26ºC (79ºF) but 44 days at 20ºC (68ºF). The eggs are laid individually in the parenchyma cells of young leaves, petals or tender stalks. A female lays between 60 and 100 eggs in the course of her life. After incubation the larvae appear.

additional info from another source
Due to their rapid reproduction rates, there can be up as many as 15 generations of thrips in one growing season. More importantly, many species can reproduce asexually, meaning they don’t need a mate.

Thrips live about 45 days and those that are born late in summer will go into diapause until the spring so the species can continue to thrive in the following spring.

additional info from another source
Due to their rapid reproduction rates, there can be up as many as 15 generations of thrips in one growing season. More importantly, many species can reproduce asexually, meaning they don’t need a mate.

Thrips live about 45 days and those that are born late in summer will go into diapause until the spring so the species can continue to thrive in the following spring.

I currently have a zoo in the grow rooms....thripes, mites and what appear to be beneficials show themselves from time to time. If I see a thripe, I ignore it and do nothing.

If I see a web, I weaponize the foliars for the next 2 or 3 sprayings and don't worry about it.

And of course, plants in veg and bloom get Leaf Wash'd 3 times total. Pests aren't a huge issue when things are dialed in....mostly I do nothing at all. Certainly no miticides.

Damm it the thrips have made it to my bloom cabinet. Just spotted a few leaves worth. What's the best kind of predator bugs to order and what happens to the new bugs when the thrips are dead?

Just read your messages doc. You think I should just ignore them? What's this leaf wash? My kit didn't have thst i don't think

If your plants are healthy and brix is up I'd ignore the thripes, but do weaponize the foliars in the meantime. What i mean by that is dilute the sprays to 1/4 strength and spray every 3 days for a while....they friggin' hate that treatment.

If your plants are vegging, just hose them down tip to trunk with a very strong stream of Leaf Wash, or Neem oil. Do this to all plants in your veg area and everything that goes into bloom.

Before I bloom a plant I make sure that EVERYTHING is washed off. All eggs, etc. In spite of that there's still mites, thripes and other bugs here and there, usually only noticeable when you look for 'em.

They got three days in a row of neem oil.

Now i should give low strength brix every three days? Or de-stress too alternating?
Waiting for directions then will start spraying tonight. What was the proper measurement for 1/4 brix amount too please?

Thanks a lot for your help!

They got three days in a row of neem oil.

Now i should give low strength brix every three days? Or de-stress too alternating?
Waiting for directions then will start spraying tonight. What was the proper measurement for 1/4 brix amount too please?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Every 3 days on the neem....not 3 days in a row!

the reason I like Leaf Wash so much is that it is also a foliar feeder....despite the oils. I would skip all other spraying for a week or two if you use Neem.

Mix at 1/4 strength....pump up the sprayer to da max.....and high pressure wash those leaves, stems, trunks, etc. The idea is to physically dislodge the bastards.

Spray every 3 days with normal foliars like this and "most" infestations can be knocked down enough to continue the grow without worry.
Ah, ok. Didn't know if it was a super secret mixture to make it extra strength lol.

Back
Top Bottom