Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Sure thing, My pleasure. These are things I need to know so time well spent
BTW Did you see the IG Video ? shit looked so bad I had to wash up :)but those
looked to me to be to long, the article said they could reach 3mm (appox 1/8 inch)
your description sounded closer to what I would expect ?
Yeah. I would say a mm or 2. The ones zooming around were about a mm in length. But there was one that was definitely a bit longer. It was in the soil and sticking straight out of the side of the hole I dug, just swinging it’s anterior from left to right like it was looking to see what was going on. Lol. Gross little dude! I got the tent cleaned out real good. Gonna use the other tote of soil for next attempt. And hopefully do some experiments on the possibly contaminated tote to see if it’s safe before I need it.

Hey Brixers. I’ve a couple of questions about my current plant (Blue Dream).

Veg’ed 9weeks in the 1gal and now 3weeks since transplant into an 8.5gal (with TP drench)
4 days since flip to 11/13

The whole grow it’s yaken aaaages for the pot to dry out so it hasn’t had a great number of feeds/waters.

Upward growth has been slow throughout and I’ve pruned of a huge amount of internal growth to keep it airy.

Some small signs of pest activity here n there and not sure what it is. There’s been fungus gnats the whole time but most folks seemed to think that wasn’t an issue and that the sticky strips should sort it - and they have caught a few.

Anyway - I gave a leaf wash a about 6 days ago because of the nibbled bits (I couldn’t see a pest just some damage).
C9C183FB-546A-4751-9EEA-9DFE60C7C479.jpeg
C87BD7D5-4EDE-4FCC-98EE-0050438C3C0A.jpeg

Yesterday and today I’m noticing some other different marks (photos below) more and more.

At first I thought maybe it was from where the leaf wash stayed wet a long time, because the plant is so bushy, and caused a little burn... but today it looks like there might be either fungus gnat bites and /or mineral deficiency suggesting a root issue (which would maybe point the finger at fungus gnats again).

Anyway - maybe it’s something else entirely so I thought I should give y’all a look - and maybe it just really needs its drench (3 weeks since the last). I’ve been hanging out to get it some GE to try get some upward growth going, it hasn’t had much GE (only once during veg).

Spots...

FFA26BF7-DD27-4B67-B81F-202FC1D821D0.jpeg

243CEC9A-31D0-4BCA-8169-B9F592F6AEC4.jpeg

EAB576FE-360E-449D-87F4-356016FE067F.jpeg

DB3E9C08-6CC7-4148-AF07-75D9EEE2813B.jpeg

761C97EF-0996-4BB8-92C7-2D1978979091.jpeg

So there’s that, and the nibbles so
there could well be 2 seperate things going on - or the gnats might’ve causing more probs than I thought.

Just adding these too ... some more investigation shows that something is definitely nibbling on the leaf tissue, mostly from the top. I can’t see any visible activity at all on the leaf underside. Only visible pest is a single fungus gnat flitting about (and likely a few more but not lots at all).

These are the nibbled bits I just found (hiding in the reflected leaf shine ;) )
07673DE9-3F1A-444C-BDAE-8878264B70BD.jpeg
9FAE2DC5-3416-4855-9808-392D81B743E8.jpeg

And there are a few spots with little bites like this.

So that’s maybe (?) a seperate issue to the rusty burnt spots.

Thoughts?
:Namaste:

Hey Amy! I'm not really sure about the marks but think Doc will suggest you weaponizing your foliars! 1/4 strength, every 3 days, blast the crap out of them. I'm not sure if this advice is different because your flowering but not sure you have any flowers yet. When you flip, you do 1 wet/dry cycle like in veg and after that you will feed/water every 4 days about, keep em moist not wet. 3 weeks since last drench, it's time. My instinct says a nice strong TP but see what others say, maybe she needs a good strong GI!?

:passitleft:

Hey guys. I got 5 nodes so looking to do my first veg drench soon. I’m gonna quadline this plant so the topping will also be coming soon. My thinking is I should wait till I top and then do the drench to aid in the recovery but wanted some feedback first. Also, I just have the one gallon of soil that I will be using the drench on. I would hate to waste a bunch of drench if unnecessary. So I’m also wondering how you guys would do this? If I dunk, how should I mix and how much? And if I just water from the top and bottom how should I mix that? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys. I got 5 nodes so looking to do my first veg drench soon. I’m gonna quadline this plant so the topping will also be coming soon. My thinking is I should wait till I top and then do the drench to aid in the recovery but wanted some feedback first. Also, I just have the one gallon of soil that I will be using the drench on. I would hate to waste a bunch of drench if unnecessary. So I’m also wondering how you guys would do this? If I dunk, how should I mix and how much? And if I just water from the top and bottom how should I mix that? Thanks in advance!

Not sure the style pots your using but in my round 1g rootmaker pots I use a 1g OSH bucket with 12 cups of
dunk/drench mixture, dunk for 7 minutes remove, drip drain well and have exactly 6 cups left over. This makes
calculating the amount in pot very easy, its exactly 1/2 of the amounts added. This also works great if running
two plants as the 6 cups left over is the exact amount needed for the second pot ;)

Dunking I use twice the regular (top down amount) that i have been using this run @ 2ml per gal of soil so
in the 1 gal DUNK its 4ml TP or GE plus your tea amount and with the 1/2 amount that stays in pot you have
added exactly 2ml

NOTE I actually went even heavier on my first dunk but that was because I missed using the 1/4 TP in
the germination Dunk

think Doc will suggest you weaponizing your foliars! 1/4 strength, every 3 days, blast the crap out of them
Cheers ween, yep I’d thought that might be the idea. And have a 1/4 Destress made up ready. I can’t realky weaponise it in terms of a heavy blast because I have to take it outside to do that and once it’s drenched I can’t lift it...

In any case, how close together can you foliar and drench. Can a give a foliar to a dry pot and then drench the same morning?

Edit: lights just came on - hard to think it needs a drench when it looks like this first thing! Not drenching today.

19CBD7B3-D105-416B-9B42-723E8D458A03.jpeg

F7DF2B38-03DC-42E5-B972-825CD76B3B81.jpeg

Cheers ween, yep I’d thought that might be the idea. And have a 1/4 Destress made up ready. I can’t realky weaponise it in terms of a heavy blast because I have to take it outside to do that and once it’s drenched I can’t lift it...

In any case, how close together can you foliar and drench. Can a give a foliar to a dry pot and then drench the same morning?

Edit: lights just came on - hard to think it needs a drench when it looks like this first thing! Not drenching today.

19CBD7B3-D105-416B-9B42-723E8D458A03.jpeg

F7DF2B38-03DC-42E5-B972-825CD76B3B81.jpeg
Looking great Amy! She's purtyyy :circle-of-love:

not waiting for her to wilt anymore.
But this time I am. Like you noted above, after flip there’s one parched-soak cycle. This is that cycle - so this time I do want a ‘pre-wilt’ state and then after that I keep it moist. Right?

I managed to get it outside and blasted with a 1/4 strength Destress in the solo sprayer. I’ll just have to find a way to do that again in 3 days (and 3 days) and will make the partner help me if it’s s fully soaked pot!

But this time I am. Like you noted above, after flip there’s one parched-soak cycle. This is that cycle - so this time I do want a ‘pre-wilt’ state and then after that I keep it moist. Right?

I managed to get it outside and blasted with a 1/4 strength Destress in the solo sprayer. I’ll just have to find a way to do that again in 3 days (and 3 days) and will make the partner help me if it’s s fully soaked pot!
While one parch soak cycle is typical after flip, that is when you transplant and flip the same day. Since you have been vegging in that pot for a while (3 weeks I think you said), I do not know that the one wet/dry cycle is needed. It is done to encourage roots to fill the pot before hard bloom is hit. That 3 weeks of veg time with a couple of wet/dry cycles already have probably done a good job of filling that pot with roots.

That 3 weeks of veg time with a couple of wet/dry cycles already have probably done a good job of filling that pot with roots.
Cheers Yeti, I hope so. But there’s been no wet dry cycles since transplant 3 weeks ago ... I’ve just been waiting for it to dry out that whole time (twice I’ve dribbled some transwater down the top trying to keep things a little even). My medium seems to stay wet forever, making it hard to get feedings in. I might mix some pumice into it for the next round. I think my peatmoss is super powered! ;)

Cheers Yeti, I hope so. But there’s been no wet dry cycles since transplant 3 weeks ago ... I’ve just been waiting for it to dry out that whole time (twice I’ve dribbled some transwater down the top trying to keep things a little even). My medium seems to stay wet forever, making it hard to get feedings in. I might mix some pumice into it for the next round. I think my peatmoss is super powered! ;)

Dang... that is a long time between water/feeds... thats a 10 gallon pot right? You gave her 1.5 gallons water?

Ok then yeah let it get to the point it almost wilts just like you were going to. When I transplant and flip I tend to have a 2 to 3 week period where I do not water. i typically only water with a half gallon at transplant to try and get tings to move quicker. It still takes 2 weeks or so.

Sup folks, close to stress-free time here in Canada! 3 unknown unfeminized seeds from peak seeds bc germing right now. Let's hope they're ladies. Converted the closet into a temp. veg area last week. Wee bit small for 4 plants I think but it'll do for now.

Unfortunately I can't afford the kit until later this month, but I'm stoked to get going on it. Loving all the info and pics here still! I have 20 seeds so I'm just doing a "fuck it I'm impatient" run with backyard soil (which grew shit tons of GREAT produce this year with no amendments - super fertile) to see how they react to my LED in that space, etc. Should be fun!

Dang... that is a long time between water/feeds... thats a 10 gallon pot right? You gave her 1.5 gallons water?
I know right!

It’s an 8.5 gal, nearly 9. And I gave it about a gallon after transplant (top down-bottom up approach). LIke I said. This peat moss takes an enormous amount of time to dry out. was the same during veg in the 1 gal - after 9 weeks veg’ing it still didnt need water every day, or even every 3-4 days. I was still needing to wait 6 days before it was ready. Must be this super high grade Canadaian SPM that I have. ;)

I know right!

It’s an 8.5 gal, nearly 9. And I gave it about a gallon after transplant (top down-bottom up approach). LIke I said. This peat moss takes an enormous amount of time to dry out. was the same during veg in the 1 gal - after 9 weeks veg’ing it still didnt need water every day, or even every 3-4 days. I was still needing to wait 6 days before it was ready. Must be this super high grade Canadaian SPM that I have. ;)
Wouldn't that be sweet!? An even more hands-off approach to high brix? Maybe with some tinkering you could even get all the "necessary" drenches in while reducing the time spent in the room! Surely that'd make things easier on you...just thinking aloud :smokin:have a good rest of your weekend Amy! :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom