Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

OK...That makes sense; but that being said, how would you recommend mixing the GE for a 10 gallon container and how much CAT. I have been applying about 7ml of GE to each, so far, and was planning on about the same amount of CAT but, it appears, I've been feeding them low (although, the plants look great! :thumb: ). Should I start tripling this???
Krip, I looked at your plants and they look great. If your plants do well with drenches on the light side of the scale, I say keep at it. I notice not every plant feeds the same, and some just have really inefficient roots like my OG. The bubblegum I had liked drenches at 1ml per gal of soil, the OG likes 2+ml per gal of soil. Ive run them over and over enough times to see the difference.

No need to waste product if the plants don’t need it...:passitleft:

Krip, I looked at your plants and they look great. If your plants do well with drenches on the light side of the scale, I say keep at it. I notice not every plant feeds the same, and some just have really inefficient roots like my OG. The bubblegum I had liked drenches at 1ml per gal of soil, the OG likes 2+ml per gal of soil. Ive run them over and over enough times to see the difference.

Thanks, Brother! :thanks:

I'm gonna give the CATs tonight, so I appreciate the response. That all being said, I think I'll try 15ml in the #10's and see how they respond. :Namaste:

Gave the CATs to the two Tuts. Funny side-note...I have no carpeting and was outside on concrete, shook up the bottle of CAT and, as soon as I unscrewed the cap, got a static elctric shock! NO JOKE! o_O

Thanks, Brother! :thanks:

I'm gonna give the CATs tonight, so I appreciate the response. That all being said, I think I'll try 15ml in the #10's and see how they respond. :Namaste:

I wanted to point out that I drenched at 0.5ml to 1ml per soil gallon all through my first two journals and did pretty well. :)

The dosage range is less important than being able to read the plant. They'll look like they'd respond well to a Transplant drench? As you're mixing it, you decide to go on the high or low side - nuttin' to it - doesn't matter a lot. Big plop, small plop. If you stick to the schedule, you'll do well. But maybe a Growth drench would have been better - hard to say. Maybe no drench would have been better - hard to say. That's what we all hope to learn as cultivators. But with this method, the dosage strength isn't what separates excellent plants from great ones.

If you can read the plant, you'll do better - the same as any other method. This one is a lot more forgiving.

:Namaste:

I wanted to point out that I drenched at 0.5ml to 1ml per soil gallon all through my first two journals and did pretty well. :)

The dosage range is less important than being able to read the plant. They'll look like they'd respond well to a Transplant drench? As you're mixing it, you decide to go on the high or low side - nuttin' to it - doesn't matter a lot. Big plop, small plop. If you stick to the schedule, you'll do well. But maybe a Growth drench would have been better - hard to say. Maybe no drench would have been better - hard to say. That's what we all hope to learn as cultivators. But with this method, the dosage strength isn't what separates excellent plants from great ones.

If you can read the plant, you'll do better - the same as any other method. This one is a lot more forgiving.

Ya' know, Brother, if I could still do it, I'd +REPS that reply! :welldone:

:thanks:

thanks for saying it just right.

Pay attention to the plants every day. Just gaze at them, think about them, notice stuff....examine them....and pretty soon the ancient DNA that has our brains hardwired to cultivate (and hunt) will develop into a green thumb.

Hey Doc, I’ve beem doing some research on the gut biome... it is truly amazing how similar our guts are to soil. Feed those bacteria the right things and you flourish feed them the wrong things and you won’t. After all, our DNA is only 10% human and 90% bacteria.

The gut biome can keep us in optimal health....or if things aren't right it's impossible to be truly healthy. What is the most surprising is how much effect gut biome has on mental health.

Lots of folks have taken antibiotics a few too many times, or habitually eat foods that wreck the gut biome. Both they and their doctors wonder why they're so sick all the time.....

The cool thing is that it's easy to get a decent probiotic today, and if we eat fresh, High Brix produce, we'll have optimal gut health as nutrient dense, raw vegetables are both Pre and Pro-biotics.

Yes sir, from what I have read thus far the larger diversity in plants you eat the better your gut biome.
Also, fermented fruits and veggies are a great way to feed your gut bacteria.
The probiotics from he shelf are pretty good, but very very limited on the variety of strains you're getting.
There are hunter and gatherer tribes to this day that have some 1500 different types of bacteria, where as most americans only have around 600-1000.
Anyway, I don't know near enough about this yet... just cant get enough when it comes to learning...
Sorry to hijack the thread, just thought it was really interesting stuff!

Yep! When I fill those bottles i get shocked repeatedly. It's all those ions we talk about. The soil has electric potential and we use that to our advantage.

Well, it's a good thing that when I heard you had "brass balls" it was only a figure of speech cuz' I'd really hate for you to have to go through all that just to provide us with quality & affordable nutes! :rofl:

:D hey daj! (@dajerm119) I had a great conversation with my nutritionist about the gut and the soil when I first started learning aboit living soils. You’re so right! Just the same. :thumb:

fresh, High Brix produce, we'll have optimal gut health as nutrient dense, raw vegetables are both Pre and Pro-biotics.
Awesome - our veggie patch produce has a whole lot of extra shine this year, what with all the occasional left over Brix ‘help’. :battingeyelashes: I am eating fresh from it every day! So good. Which leads me to a question I’ve been meaning to ask you for ages actually, Doc. The 6/5/3 cac02/SRP/Gypsum blend that is recommended for basic mineralised soil, is that a general accross the board high brix thing, or is it cannabis specific? :Namaste:

Well, it's a good thing that when I heard you had "brass balls" it was only a figure of speech cuz' I'd really hate for you to have to go through all that just to provide us with quality & affordable nutes! :rofl:

My products have very little water in them. You can tell this by weight per gallon. That means that the ionic charge of the product is not "diluted" by mixing with hydrogen and oxygen......so they spark and shock.

:D hey daj! (@dajerm119) I had a great conversation with my nutritionist about the gut and the soil when I first started learning aboit living soils. You’re so right! Just the same. :thumb:

Awesome - our veggie patch produce has a whole lot of extra shine this year, what with all the occasional left over Brix ‘help’. :battingeyelashes: I am eating fresh from it every day! So good. Which leads me to a question I’ve been meaning to ask you for ages actually, Doc. The 6/5/3 cac02/SRP/Gypsum blend that is recommended for basic mineralised soil, is that a general accross the board high brix thing, or is it cannabis specific? :Namaste:

Its a quick and dirty way to mineralize soil.....much better to use a soil test, but if you have no option, that can help.

My products have very little water in them. You can tell this by weight per gallon. That means that the ionic charge of the product is not "diluted" by mixing with hydrogen and oxygen......so they spark and shock.

Just reading into this a little sideways and wanted to ask
is it a good idea to try and keep the bottle sealed as much as possible ? sounds
like oxygen can change things a bit ? As a way to store I could put into dark containers
with small spicket drain at bottom and would not have to open at all ? I know its over the top
but thats how I roll :)

Hello doc and team, I got the kit and Im cooking my soil right now but I have a bug problem with my seedlings and wanted to know anyone of you nice people could ID it for me...? Duggan and Niko are not sure what they are and advised me to post it here!

It’s greenish looks like a larva and moves slowly
I have only seen 2 of them yesterday and killed them right away!

I dont have better pics because they are small and hard to get my camera focus on it....

But if you guys have any more specific questions let me know

P.S they are only on 1 of my 4 seedlings

Hello doc and team, I got the kit and Im cooking my soil right now but I have a bug problem with my seedlings and wanted to know anyone of you nice people could ID it for me...? Duggan and Niko are not sure what they are and advised me to post it here!

It’s greenish looks like a larva and moves slowly
I have only seen 2 of them yesterday and killed them right away!

I dont have better pics because they are small and hard to get my camera focus on it....

But if you guys have any more specific questions let me know

P.S they are only on 1 of my 4 seedlings

I don't know what they are, but do know I wouldn't want them on my plants! I don't know enough about Doc's Leafwash to comment on it specifically, but I suspect that would be the preferred HB method of dealing with them. If you don't have Leafwash, either Spinosad or Baccilium Thurengensis (BT) should work against soft-bodied, caterpillar-like critters. :goodluck:

EDIT: If possible, I'd also separate from the other plants! ;)

Back
Top Bottom