Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

It is the hottest pepper in the world now!!
Carolina Reaper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I bet it was Not grow in Hi-Brix!! Lol

I'm not so sure about that.....these pepper growin' folks know about soil and minerals too....but those peppers are too hot for any kind of enjoyment, IMO. I do enjoy more heat than almost anyone I know, but I know what it's like to burn my mouth out too....and those things sound crazy. Let us know how things go on that. I'd like to see how those peppers do.

Update:

Got the old camera charged. This update is better. Everything is green, healthy and happy, moving in that direction more each day. Lights on temps up over 90 last two nights.....a duct on the light cooling split open so I was pumping heat from the lights into the room.....would have been better if the fan quit, LOL.

Nothing looks worse for the wear, but I sprayed with DeStress and gave them a good watering.

IMG_58963.jpg
IMG_58974.jpg
IMG_58982.JPG
IMG_58991.JPG
IMG_5900.JPG
IMG_59011.JPG
IMG_5902.JPG
IMG_59033.JPG
IMG_59042.JPG
IMG_5905.jpg
IMG_59063.JPG
IMG_59073.jpg
IMG_59083.JPG
IMG_59094.jpg
IMG_59103.JPG
IMG_59112.JPG
IMG_59126.jpg
IMG_59134.jpg
IMG_59145.jpg
IMG_59153.jpg

Doc, the SC 12/12 from seed has some seriously purple/red petioles. Sprayed brix pretty good twice over about a week and a half and since then its gotten worse. Just transplanted about 6 days ago btw. The relatively older leaves are kinda droopy as well. Good energy drink instead of water next?
Thanks bro

Sierra Natural Sciences makes 2 products to kill spider mites and thrips SNS-217C Concentrate and SNS-209 Systemic Insect Control. I add 3-5 drops of Ivory Liquid Soap per gallon as a surfactant to help the spray stick to leaves and stems better. I would spray every 3 days for 2 weeks to kill adults and larvae as they hatch.

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-217c

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-209

Thanks bro. They aren't on the plants though. In my soil recycle bin. Now that I can see them a little clearer, they don't look like root aphids as much as soil mites or weird spider mites.

Is it possible these are beneficial bugs?!

Edit: still can't figure what kind of bug. Taking no chances. Soil going to outdoor garden.

If the plants aren't damaged, I wouldn't worry.

You can always use the mosquito dunk thing.

Sorry doc I wasn't clear. These bugs are in my two bins of recycled soil ready for use, no plants growing in it. I'll suppose I could try water the bins with some mosquito dunks. They're already at the outdoor location. I'll make good use of the soil there.

Also, my LHS only has BX immediately available and I need to get cooking ASAP. If I can't find HP within the week I'll have to either add perlite to BX or use sunshine #4. How much perlite do I need to add to the BX?

Sorry doc I wasn't clear. These bugs are in my two bins of recycled soil ready for use, no plants growing in it. I'll suppose I could try water the bins with some mosquito dunks. They're already at the outdoor location. I'll make good use of the soil there.

Also, my LHS only has BX immediately available and I need to get cooking ASAP. If I can't find HP within the week I'll have to either add perlite to BX or use sunshine #4. How much perlite do I need to add to the BX?

If you added a say 8 cups of perlite you'd be just fine!

Why aren't we using vermiculite in this mix? I understand that the biota like it, so I've been considering adding some in my next mix.

Back
Top Bottom