Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

image10547.jpg
image10546.jpg
image10545.jpg
image10548.jpg

Cali connections green cush 4 wks flower cat twice just switched back to energy. For anyone who doesn't know this HI brix is fun!

Lookin pretty sexy! Yup. High Brix is very fun.

I gotta get some shots! I have the best looking flower room I've ever had right now and my camera is dead.....gonna borrow the wife's tomorrow.

BTW, finish with Growth Energy and those buds will get nasty and drippy...in the best way possible.

Hey Doc Bud!

So I am new to this community, and I must say that I really love it. I am so enthralled by all of the beautiful and creative grows people have to share, and I cannot wait to get in on all of the action! Firstly I would like to thank you for being so hugely involved, your journals and research have helped expand my knowledge of growing cannabis and general horticulture greatly. Keep on doing what you're doing, you make some god damn beautiful medicine.

Anyways, now that everyone has a glimpse of my admiration of your growing skills, I have a few questions!

I am extremely interested in buying one of your soil kits for my first grow, I am hoping that by using a tried and true soil kit that I will be able to focus on honing my plant growing and manipulating (especially in terms of LST) abilities before I experiment with my own soil recipes. After reading this entire thread thoroughly, I am convinced a High Brix grow will be perfect for my first time and you are the man to set me on my path!

If you want info on how I plan on running my first grow, I would encourage you to check out Icemud's most current Journal (I think it's his most current, it says so in his signature). After finding out about the wonders of ScrOGing, I quickly found Icemud here on 420magaine and was so impressed with what he was able to do with limited space and fewer plants. I chime in (pleading for advice really) at page 52 post #768. I know you two are acquaintances through this site, and when I noticed that someone growing as beautiful buds as he does was asking you for advice... I had to find out who you were!

Anyways, here is a link to the journal:

Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Review

Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer! I would be more than happy to take any criticism/advice/encouragement/tips/tricks you have to offer me, you are a masterful grower!

Best regards,
Max (MaxYields)

Hey Doc Bud!

So I am new to this community, and I must say that I really love it. I am so enthralled by all of the beautiful and creative grows people have to share, and I cannot wait to get in on all of the action! Firstly I would like to thank you for being so hugely involved, your journals and research have helped expand my knowledge of growing cannabis and general horticulture greatly. Keep on doing what you're doing, you make some god damn beautiful medicine.

Anyways, now that everyone has a glimpse of my admiration of your growing skills, I have a few questions!

I am extremely interested in buying one of your soil kits for my first grow, I am hoping that by using a tried and true soil kit that I will be able to focus on honing my plant growing and manipulating (especially in terms of LST) abilities before I experiment with my own soil recipes. After reading this entire thread thoroughly, I am convinced a High Brix grow will be perfect for my first time and you are the man to set me on my path!

If you want info on how I plan on running my first grow, I would encourage you to check out Icemud's most current Journal (I think it's his most current, it says so in his signature). After finding out about the wonders of ScrOGing, I quickly found Icemud here on 420magaine and was so impressed with what he was able to do with limited space and fewer plants. I chime in (pleading for advice really) at page 52 post #768. I know you two are acquaintances through this site, and when I noticed that someone growing as beautiful buds as he does was asking you for advice... I had to find out who you were!

Anyways, here is a link to the journal:

Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Review

Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer! I would be more than happy to take any criticism/advice/encouragement/tips/tricks you have to offer me, you are a masterful grower!

Best regards,
Max (MaxYields)

Welcome to 420mag and the awesome world of high brix!

I'm sure doc will answer any questions you have but if I may lend you my two cents...

1. Perfect your environment. Nothing makes a bigger difference. NOTHING.

2. Use docs kit. Read the instructions 20 times. Read In the lab and this thread. Curso and graytail are both killing it with the kit.

3. Use docs kit in a perfect environment! LOL. Sounds funny but more time with the kit and your soil teaches you more than anyone could explain to you through the interweb. Learn when your plants need water, as well as learning how to water to keep the soil biota thriving during bloom. That was one of the things I learned through experience - watering. Seems to have made a big difference in my garden.

Good luck pal. Doc will PM you so you can start the amazing journey of healthy medicine!

Hey Doc, just flipped my MK Ultra's! They're big, real big this time bud. The 10.5 gal pots really came through with some heavy ,thick stalks.Almost the size of a quarter.Plants are only 16inches high but about 3 feet across...lots of lst and supercropping to get em like this.I was thinking (and no...havn't done this yet) about doing the "recharge" a couple weeks early (now)to give it more time to work.I'l start giving a little epsoms next watering.Last time the soil ran out of gas in the 7 gal. pots with a couple minor issues ,remember Doc?I have high hopes for these big pots.Am giving 1/4 trans all the time this time as well as tea.
What do you think of top dressing in some oyster shell flour when i give the recharge,just a couple tbls. per plant?Would this help with things Doc? or just mess things up? Adding some good calcium with the added epsom salts for the bloom made sense to me....you?Thoughts Doc,...just don't want the soil to quit on me 5 or 6 weeks in! Cheers.

Hey Doc, just flipped my MK Ultra's! They're big, real big this time bud. The 10.5 gal pots really came through with some heavy ,thick stalks.Almost the size of a quarter.Plants are only 16inches high but about 3 feet across...lots of lst and supercropping to get em like this.I was thinking (and no...havn't done this yet) about doing the "recharge" a couple weeks early (now)to give it more time to work.I'l start giving a little epsoms next watering.Last time the soil ran out of gas in the 7 gal. pots with a couple minor issues ,remember Doc?I have high hopes for these big pots.Am giving 1/4 trans all the time this time as well as tea.
What do you think of top dressing in some oyster shell flour when i give the recharge,just a couple tbls. per plant?Would this help with things Doc? or just mess things up? Adding some good calcium with the added epsom salts for the bloom made sense to me....you?Thoughts Doc,...just don't want the soil to quit on me 5 or 6 weeks in! Cheers.

I'd stick to the plan bro. Just a few times with the Epsom, keep it simple. Don't forget to use Growth Energy! That's where you'll get your calcium to balance out the Epsom.

Pictures:

My camera needs charged and the charger is missing, so I used my wife's camera that is way better than mine, but I don't know how to use hers....so here's a semi-lame photo update.

The Purple Cadillac is really expressing Sativa traits this time. Lemon Paki looking nice and shiney. Willie Nelson looking asian and smelling incredible. Rubbing the stem gets a papaya/basil smell. I am really hoping and praying I can pull this off. This is special smoke when you can get it.

Brix is rising, with the PC's probably hitting 13 and the paki's now at 12 and rising. They'll get a nice foliar feed tomorrow, and I'll prune them and test them on Thursday.

SAM_03403.JPG
SAM_03392.JPG
SAM_03381.JPG
SAM_03372.JPG
SAM_03361.JPG
SAM_03353.JPG
SAM_03331.JPG
SAM_03323.JPG

SAM_03282.JPG

OK got it . Will stick with the program. They're eating and drinking alot! That new budmaster 2, 675xg has altered the growth pattern a bit. Much closer internodes and less reaching for light.I like it so far ,...but we'll see.Two additional dorm gro 90 w. ufo's will be added Friday when they arrive.I know how this strain performed last round under 1000w of mixed hps and mh. in first run "kit" soil so i'm really giving them lots of light in these big pots.Just trying to maximize all the limiting factors ,i guess.Cheers Doc!

Hey Doc super setup! Wish i could get some soil like that :)

im having a little trouble at the moment with my grow i was wondering if youd be so kind in taking a look :/
its only 2 pages thank you

Hey Doc!

Is the Purple Cadillac in picture number 6? Because I am really diggin' the way those leaves look, some of the skinniest leaves I have ever seen and I think they look beautiful.

Keep doin' your thing!

Hey Doc!

Is the Purple Cadillac in picture number 6? Because I am really diggin' the way those leaves look, some of the skinniest leaves I have ever seen and I think they look beautiful.

Keep doin' your thing!

That one is Willie Nelson......pure Sativa. It's throwing out 9 bladed leaves...might even get a couple with 11 blades now. Smells like Papaya and Thai Basil.

Doc, have you ever tried the drenches, Growth or Transplant as a foliar?

No! See below

Good question! Ive never even thought about that!

It's not a good idea for several reasons. First of all, the drenches are not acidic enough to penetrate the waxy surface of the leaves. Second, the drenches do not contain the right type of stuff to be used as a foliar spray. Lastly, the drenches are highly biologically active and might cause all kinds of issues.....might.

There's no reason to use them that way. Not what they're designed for, wouldn't do any good, etc.

No! See below

It's not a good idea for several reasons. First of all, the drenches are not acidic enough to penetrate the waxy surface of the leaves. Second, the drenches do not contain the right type of stuff to be used as a foliar spray. Lastly, the drenches are highly biologically active and might cause all kinds of issues.....might.

There's no reason to use them that way. Not what they're designed for, wouldn't do any good, etc.
I had no intention but seeing the question posed, made me curious as well. I have no intention of messing with a great thing :)

I had no intention but seeing the question posed, made me curious as well. I have no intention of messing with a great thing :)

I hope you do mess with it....but I hope even more that you gain an understanding of what the products do, how they work and the science behind them. When you have that understanding, you'll "mess" without creating a mess!

Hey Doc, I just transplanted a clone, seedling of Hawaiian Snow, and get this, a Carolina Reaper rated at 2.2 million on the Scoville scale. Lol

I hope you do mess with it....but I hope even more that you gain an understanding of what the products do, how they work and the science behind them. When you have that understanding, you'll "mess" without creating a mess!

All is fantastic in thecanucks world bro...believe it :)

Back
Top Bottom