Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Well said brother. As Rangers say... Lead the way. That being said, I have a mix of something approximating subcools super soil. Will amending the soil with the 6 5 3 rectify this mix or should I start over?

I can give you a better answer if you can list all the ingredients. I've used Subcool's soil and close variants of it plenty. In fact, my first journey into higher brix was with SuperSoil that I mineralized with the 6-5-3. The results were so good, I never looked back.

Hey Doc Im still stoked seeing you checked my journal and thread and gave it straight ! True High Brix I seek and am going to start the processes needed here to run your kit Im saving for as wee speak. I will get a promix hp fresh bale and 20lbs. of worm castings and the other things to.
A few questions
enviroment is #1 will this work with 400w hps in 30" x 47" by 60" tall in just 2?, 5 gal smart pots maybe? ofcourse temp
and rh maintained proper.
If the mix itself could run 8 - 5gal pots would the kit supply that or still 6 plants?
Since I love composting and have to hold back with useing now, Not to start but if we were to vermicompost our plants after harvest along with other worm food from kitchen and stuff would that be just as good to use those castings?
Ive been growing bag seed strains and am gonna do it and order seeds should I stick with shorter flowering strains(howabout casl bc sweetgod I keep looking at) or is best for most any of em?
I know you be busy but were you able to check on 2nd run of mix for amendaments ?maybe this is where growin your strains would be better if this is possible to recycle from fresh start and use kits 2 n 3 ?
?Paypal email? :scratchinghead: no clue seriously would creditcard or visa giftcard way work, or other?

Ok sorry LOL on list but thanks so much, 'im Looking to order asap when funds available and see it possible for first run may/june from seed that has a name. Sad to say have maybe only known strain smoked on maybe a dozen and couldnt remember names or effects so that will be major decision picking strain :peace: closetorganic:adore:

Hey Doc Im still stoked seeing you checked my journal and thread and gave it straight ! True High Brix I seek and am going to start the processes needed here to run your kit Im saving for as wee speak. I will get a promix hp fresh bale and 20lbs. of worm castings and the other things to.
A few questions
enviroment is #1 will this work with 400w hps in 30" x 47" by 60" tall in just 2?, 5 gal smart pots maybe? ofcourse temp
and rh maintained proper.
If the mix itself could run 8 - 5gal pots would the kit supply that or still 6 plants?
Since I love composting and have to hold back with useing now, Not to start but if we were to vermicompost our plants after harvest along with other worm food from kitchen and stuff would that be just as good to use those castings?
Ive been growing bag seed strains and am gonna do it and order seeds should I stick with shorter flowering strains(howabout cas bc sweetgod I keep looking at) or is best for most any of em?

?Paypal email? :scratchinghead: no clue seriously would creditcard or visa giftcard way work, or other?

Ok sorry LOL on list but thanks so much, 'im Looking to order asap when funds available and see it possible for first run may/june from seed that has a name. Sad to say have maybe only known strain smoked on maybe a dozen and couldnt remember names or effects so that will be major decision picking strain

No problem bro! I love talking about growing weed!

If you go with the kit, you'll get 50 to 60 gallons of soil. So, 10 plants in 5 gallon smart pots will work....9 for sure.

That's a lot of real estate for under only a 400 watt bulb....do the best you can.

As far as the worm compost goes, just avoid stuff high in potassium. I don't know much about running a worm bin, but it sounds super cool.....just research it and use stuff that won't create toohigh of K levels.

Don't worry about all this, it's actually quite simple in practice.

Sounds like a plan. I appreciate all of your advice and I am really basing most of my grow on things that you have said so it should be a great one.

Is the soil mix that I posted safe to transplant seedlings into? Or just start with straight pro mix?
Speaking of soil mix, I forgot to add that I will be using Xtreme Gardening's, Mykos Drops (Mycorrhizae for transplanting).

Also, what is the biggest pot/biggest plant that you or anyone else that you know has grown with high brix soil?
The reason being that I am growing one plant in a 45 gallon smart pot with the same soil mix I posted with 4 months of veg outdoor.
I know your plants get about 4 ft with no veg time indoors so I can't imagine what it's going to look like and produce.

And what about high brix soil hempy style with 2 liters?

Sounds like a plan. I appreciate all of your advice and I am really basing most of my grow on things that you have said so it should be a great one.

Is the soil mix that I posted safe to transplant seedlings into? Or just start with straight pro mix?

Also, what is the biggest pot/biggest plant that you or anyone else that you know has grown with high brix soil?
The reason being that I am growing one plant in a 45 gallon smart pot with the same soil mix I posted with 4 months of veg outdoor.
I know your plants get about 4 ft with no veg time indoors so I can't imagine what it's going to look like and produce.

And what about high brix soil hempy style with 2 liters?

This kind of grow doesn't work very well in small containers, so I'd discourage the hempy grow. I think the BPN nutes would work well for that, or OC+ or other quality salt fert.

I think your soil mix will work very well for seedlings, as long as you innoculate the roots with a mycorrhyzal product or other. ProMix has it, but you'll get a head start with a high end microbial product. Use nothing but water for a while....you could burn them.

In the greenhouse, it's all highbrix....25 gallon pots. I should post some pics of that again. Same exact soil as I use indoors. It works better outside. That plant you're growing is probably going to yield about 4 pounds or more. I've seen that sort of thing in a wine barrel....50 gallons. It wasn't high brix, but it was top notch organic. Great flavor.

Post some pics of that!

I think your soil mix will work very well for seedlings, as long as you innoculate the roots with a mycorrhyzal product or other. ProMix has it, but you'll get a head start with a high end microbial product. Use nothing but water for a while....you could burn them.

Thats good to know, and I will be using Mykos packs like I said earlier. I'm starting the seeds in solo cups, then to 1 gallons then to the 10 gallons. Should I use the Mykos packs when I transplant into the 10 gal. They will be about a month old. And you think about the same time I should start feeding them the nutes?

In the greenhouse, it's all highbrix....25 gallon pots. I should post some pics of that again. Same exact soil as I use indoors. It works better outside. That plant you're growing is probably going to yield about 4 pounds or more. I've seen that sort of thing in a wine barrel....50 gallons. It wasn't high brix, but it was top notch organic. Great flavor.

Post some pics of that!

You should definatly post some of the greenhouse! Its always been my dream to have a greenhouse with one plant LST'd all the way around the edge.

I couldn't imagine if I got 4 lbs! My guess is about 1 lb or a little more.

One last thing, do you know any sort of conversion method for pounds to cups?

Wow love the idea of being able to concentrate on the plant instead of dreading opening the room to find little a@# holes living in my ladies.
I tried soil but was never able to complete a grow 3 bugs and 2 mold. this was befor I found 420mag
but by then dwc became the grow style for me. I miss the flavor of good soil grown.
your journals have made me want to try this method and actually buy seeds,I like the added complexity of not knowing.
so where can I find info
Will I still be able to supper crop,top,lst, tie down and stress them out ? I like this low profile (check my journals for picks)
This is a requirement in my room. for the future perpetual I plan
another problem I would have is disposing of the medium after each run for me that would end up 20 gallons a month
:Namaste:
I to would like to be a grower of elite cannabis
:peace:

Thats good to know, and I will be using Mykos packs like I said earlier. I'm starting the seeds in solo cups, then to 1 gallons then to the 10 gallons. Should I use the Mykos packs when I transplant into the 10 gal. They will be about a month old. And you think about the same time I should start feeding them the nutes?

You should definatly post some of the greenhouse! Its always been my dream to have a greenhouse with one plant LST'd all the way around the edge.

I couldn't imagine if I got 4 lbs! My guess is about 1 lb or a little more.

One last thing, do you know any sort of conversion method for pounds to cups?

I think you'll do better than a pound in a container that size with a long veg period. At least I hope so.

Way back in early school years I memorized a rhyme: pints a pound the world around. In liquid measure, a pint is a pound. 2 cups make a pint.....you get the picture.

Solid measure is different, because you could be weighing lead shot or rice....same volume, different weight.

Wow love the idea of being able to concentrate on the plant instead of dreading opening the room to find little a@# holes living in my ladies.
I tried soil but was never able to complete a grow 3 bugs and 2 mold. this was befor I found 420mag
but by then dwc became the grow style for me. I miss the flavor of good soil grown.
your journals have made me want to try this method and actually buy seeds,I like the added complexity of not knowing.
so where can I find info
Will I still be able to supper crop,top,lst, tie down and stress them out ? I like this low profile (check my journals for picks)
This is a requirement in my room. for the future perpetual I plan
another problem I would have is disposing of the medium after each run for me that would end up 20 gallons a month
:Namaste:
I to would like to be a grower of elite cannabis
:peace:

You can torture them all you want!

Don't dispose of the soil.....reuse it. I'll have a soil report and another kit soon for second and third run soil. It gets better after a few runs.

I hope so too.

And I know its hard to convert volume to weight.

But I am planning on starting a journal on the grow towards the end of the harvest.
Even though this will be my 2nd grow, it will be my first journal.

No problem bro! I love talking about growing weed!

If you go with the kit, you'll get 50 to 60 gallons of soil. So, 10 plants in 5 gallon smart pots will work....9 for sure.

That's a lot of real estate for under only a 400 watt bulb....do the best you can.

As far as the worm compost goes, just avoid stuff high in potassium. I don't know much about running a worm bin, but it sounds super cool.....just research it and use stuff that won't create toohigh of K levels.

Don't worry about all this, it's actually quite simple in practice.

Cool man I was only thinking 2 pots that size could fit in my chamber under the 400. I would have to stagger grows I think I read the mix could sit 6 months or so maybe. I know there are so many factors for this question but if I split mix up for different consecutive grows at 2 plants under light a time could the kit take me through 6 -8 plants ? probably realistically maybe 8 to 10 months for 6-8 plants harvested in my space
Vermicomposting is just a thought now I would get castings from store. The science part of knowing whats high in K or other stuff I would compost Is above me I will plan on doing what you say with what you use.

Thanks agin Bro

Cool man I was only thinking 2 pots that size could fit in my chamber under the 400. I would have to stagger grows I think I read the mix could sit 6 months or so maybe. I know there are so many factors for this question but if I split mix up for different consecutive grows at 2 plants under light a time could the kit take me through 6 -8 plants ? probably realistically maybe 8 to 10 months for 6-8 plants harvested in my space
Vermicomposting is just a thought now I would get castings from store. The science part of knowing whats high in K or other stuff I would compost Is above me I will plan on doing what you say with what you use.

Thanks agin Bro

Two plants under that light sounds about right. I think you've got a solid plan there!

Some pics.

The Orange thing is Lemon Paki. I've never had this color change in it before. It's the cationic root drench, because the other times I've grown it, it looked nothing like this in the same soil. The smell is very intense, the resin looks fake....never had I had this much frosting. It's hard to say if the yield will be down too much.....the buds are smaller for sure, but they're very dense and the resin alone is going to add weight.

Picture_009120.jpg
Picture_008122.jpg
Picture_007133.jpg

The Lemon Paki will get harvested next week. Gonna wait a couple weeks on the Jack Herer, which isn't pictured here.

There are some shots of another Jack that is a month younger than the 6oz freak, but looking like it's going to be a freak itself. I used the cationic drench on this one in week 4, whereas I did it in week one on the Lemon Paki.
Picture_005163.jpg
Picture_002177.jpg
Picture_001179.jpg
Picture_003178.jpg
Picture_004175.jpg
Picture_010119.jpg
Picture_011108.jpg
Picture_01397.jpg
Picture_01497.jpg
Picture_01582.jpg

I Love Picture Time! Man I'm super jealous of those beautiful ladies, I wouldn't worry about yield with how stunning those plants look, the smoke has to be out of this world.

Thanks Doc.

Got Jack in the room? Very nice, one of my fav's. I need to get a real deal cut of her to grow out. I don't trust many clones as being real.

I like it too! But you've got the get the real thing. The smell gives it away.

I've heard Sensi seeds has the real thing. My cut is from Jacks own personal garden----at least that's the story. I believe it, due to seeing pictures of the guy I got it from with Jack.

Hi DocBud been lurking for the longest time and now High Brix growing has really peaked my interest. I have a few questions in mind but the more I read the more I find some answers to my questions.
I cant wait to get started soon and will be needed one of your kits. Your recent cationic drench has really got me focused on your outcome. Your flowers look outstanding. Really trying to read up on what you have put together in your latest cationic drench.
Keep up the great work
Peace

Hi DocBud been lurking for the longest time and now High Brix growing has really peaked my interest. I have a few questions in mind but the more I read the more I find some answers to my questions.
I cant wait to get started soon and will be needed one of your kits. Your recent cationic drench has really got me focused on your outcome. Your flowers look outstanding. Really trying to read up on what you have put together in your latest cationic drench.
Keep up the great work
Peace

Welcome and I'm glad you're finding this information useful!

It's very exciting to me, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom