Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

The vids are great and show us exactly what to do, I can't thank you enough. I do have a question for you Doc, if you don't mind.

I have many landrace, Hybrid, and Frankenstrains. If you wanted to make the most of your soil runs, on which run would you suggest running the Frankenstrains? 3rd run?
Also if you run a Frankednstrain one the first run, can you reuse it for another Frankenstrain run?
Lastly, with the newer products coming out containing Cal/Mag in them, you said the OG drench would go to the wayside basically. If this happens, will you be able to run any strain in any order on the soil runs?
Thanks

:420:

3rd run! My favorite for everything especially frankenstrains.

The new formulations should kind of blow our minds. It's been a long time coming. I think the OG drench will become something that a tinkerer would use at certain times. I'm testing things now, but from what I can see, the new GE can be used exactly like the old. The new Transplant too, but in weaker concentrations in veg.

We're going to see some amazing produce in the coming months. GAme on.

IMG_20170309_071539.jpg

Dream Queen filling in pretty good. About 10 more days!!

Morning y'all.
I would sure appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction for the videos that you guys are talking about.
Thanks

instagram..
#docbudshighbrix

:)

so many ignorant people commenting on that bud wash post of Doc's on instagram, hah.

I've got haters! They hate it all! Watering tech, transplanting, rootballs, washing.....they hate it all! Means I'm doing something right. Check it out, but remember, we don't link to anything here.

I refer people there to 420mag, however.

So I was doing some light reading on soil agriculture and found an explanation for why CAT drenches followed by GE does what it does. We are changing the cation balance; but the microbes also play a key role. We're essentially giving our plants a huge nitrogen and calcium boost mid bloom by forcing the plants to absorb everything they can get their greedy little roots on. I wonder, could I add double the dose of CAT and GE if I just add more Tea ... hmmmmmm

Enjoy :)

"After the soil microbes have converted much of the banded ammonium to nitrate, then the roots can begin to use the nitrogen. When extra soluble calcium is applied with the fertilizer it lowers the pH of the fertilizer band, thus reducing its toxicity. If calcium is applied beyond precipitation requirements, it stimulates ammonium absorption by plants. Adding supplemental calcium has increased the rate at which plants absorb ammonium by as much as 100 percent."

https://publications.tamu.edu/SOIL_...Soluble Calcium to Stimulate Plant Growth.pdf

So I was doing some light reading on soil agriculture and found an explanation for why CAT drenches followed by GE does what it does. We are changing the cation balance; but the microbes also play a key role. We're essentially giving our plants a huge nitrogen and calcium boost mid bloom by forcing the plants to absorb everything they can get their greedy little roots on. I wonder, could I add double the dose of CAT and GE if I just add more Tea ... hmmmmmm

"After the soil microbes have converted much of the banded ammonium to nitrate, then the roots can begin to use the nitrogen. When extra soluble calcium is applied with the fertilizer it lowers the pH of the fertilizer band, thus reducing its toxicity. If calcium is applied beyond precipitation requirements, it stimulates ammonium absorption by plants. Adding supplemental calcium has increased the rate at which plants absorb ammonium by as much as 100 percent."

https://publications.tamu.edu/SOIL_...Soluble Calcium to Stimulate Plant Growth.pdf

"When plants absorb more ammonium, less nitrogen remains in the soil and is subject to leaching."

..hence the need for recharge and EWC...man oh man, i love science

I've got haters! They hate it all! Watering tech, transplanting, rootballs, washing.....they hate it all! Means I'm doing something right. Check it out, but remember, we don't link to anything here.

I refer people there to 420mag, however.

many haters are just ignorant & jealous :Namaste:

Morning y'all.
I would sure appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction for the videos that you guys are talking about.
Thanks

instagram..
#docbudshighbrix

:)

Hey! You're speaking my language! Keep reading, you'll like what we're doing more and more.

Honest question: Did you ever think you'd grow something that amazing? Looking at all the pics in the "famous" mags.....did you ever think you'd have one even better? And you're just getting started bro. Wait a year.

When I was using regular nutes it was by far the worst growing experience of my life. Constantly testing runoff, pH, yadda yadda..it was so redundant and tedious. Now I just squirt some fish guts into some water and let the plants do the rest lol.

Very excited to see what I can do with this moonshine next run. This one is in 2nd run soil, next will be in third possibly :D

Day 50 on these plants. They have about 10 days/2 weeks to go.

cola121.jpg

cola218.jpg

...and these are on deck. They're in 10's now, and will get their pre-bloom prune next few days. I took a few clones of both of them a week ago. That shy one in the back middle is a Rare Dankness 501st OG that's looking more like a dude every day. We'll see on that one.

on_deck2.jpg

I can't seem to avoid a few purple petioles, but these plants are the healthiest and most robust I've had at this late stage. They've gotten weekly light brix/WA10x sprays since a week before flip, and I've been pushing them harder than before opting for the higher-end of 1.2ml/Gal of soil in a 5 gal bucket of RO. They got 2 doses of Epsom's and I could have done one more but didn't.

I can tell you this though, they smell absolutely amazing.

Back
Top Bottom