Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey doc here's a picture of roots before I transplanted
420-magazine-mobile1358992035.jpg
420-magazine-mobile76575904.jpg
420-magazine-mobile137959381.jpg

Have they had any Brix foliar? That leaf damage resembles Brix burn.

And is there any chance they've been getting too much light? Vegging plants need less that half the light of blooming ones.

Have they had any Brix foliar? That leaf damage resembles Brix burn.

And is there any change they've been getting too much light? Vegging plants need less that half the light of blooming ones.

Nope no brix. Haven't sprayed anything on them as of yet. And my lights is sitting about 36 inches from plants and only running one switch on my light. And the other 4 girls in same tent are fine so far

Anyone else notice soil temps go up when the lights are on, I don’t
mean the normal temp increase due to the lights but individual pots seem
to give off more heat than others. ?

I am using First run soil, I suspect the soil can still be cooking at times and
this may be what I am noticing.

I use one of the little Temp/R.H digital indicators in each pot,
Placed on soil and at edge of pot. NOTICED one pot was like 4 deg higher
than the other, OK maybe bad indicator reading, so I switched the indicators.
After a few minutes they had switched and still the pot on the left was hotter.
OK position under the light must be the cause? NOPE switched pot positions
and still same pot is hotter but only when the lights are on at night they
both read the same?

Now a few days later after noticing this, I see now both pots are the same Temp. but
looks like maybe the other pot is even starting to show an increase?

Is this even a possibility? that is does the soil have the potential to still cook
and if so could that be the problem with the problem with Darkscotia plant.
I noticed my transplant showed a few issues at first but has since corrected itself ?

EDIT:
Also just occurred to me, at transplant we add water, which I suspect
would restart the cooking process (maybe burn roots) if for some reason
it has slowed or stopped ?

Hey doc here's a picture of roots before I transplanted
420-magazine-mobile1358992035.jpg
420-magazine-mobile76575904.jpg
420-magazine-mobile137959381.jpg

OK. I know what happened.

1. No more hydroton. You only reduce soil volume doing that. Nada mas, por favor.
2. That plant wasn't ready to transplant. You had at least 2 more weeks, easy.
3. delicate roots were damaged during the transplant AND due to not really working the wet/dry cycles you had fewer roots to work with.

Leave them alone in their new containers. IE no training or torture techniques, no topping.

Rescue drench.....wait till they're nice and dry, then drench with a regular Transplant drench....wait till they're nice and dry....THEN water only.....then you should be OK.

If you don't really go after the wet/dry thing now, your bloom will be quite substandard. We need roots! We can't damage them, or neglect them....you must focus on them.

So just to be clear that's 1ml of transplant to 6ml of tea per gallon

Hi Darkscotia...maybe a typo? Its 1oz of TP

This is from Doc's instructions:

Rescue Drench
1 oz. Transplant per gallon of water with 6 mils of Tea. Feed a solution with this composition to all the plants

Cheers!

Anyone else notice soil temps go up when the lights are on, I don't
mean the normal temp increase due to the lights but individual pots seem
to give off more heat than others. ?

I am using First run soil, I suspect the soil can still be cooking at times and
this may be what I am noticing.

I use one of the little Temp/R.H digital indicators in each pot,
Placed on soil and at edge of pot. NOTICED one pot was like 4 deg higher
than the other, OK maybe bad indicator reading, so I switched the indicators.
After a few minutes they had switched and still the pot on the left was hotter.
OK position under the light must be the cause? NOPE switched pot positions
and still same pot is hotter but only when the lights are on at night they
both read the same?

Now a few days later after noticing this, I see now both pots are the same Temp. but
looks like maybe the other pot is even starting to show an increase?

Is this even a possibility? that is does the soil have the potential to still cook
and if so could that be the problem with the problem with Darkscotia plant.
I noticed my transplant showed a few issues at first but has since corrected itself ?

EDIT:
Also just occurred to me, at transplant we add water, which I suspect
would restart the cooking process (maybe burn roots) if for some reason
it has slowed or stopped ?

Just another foolish observation from a BBC :lot-o-toke:

Please bear with me I have another Question

I don’t seem to fully understand the term “DRENCH” and how it is used ?

Is it the way we water, “Pot Dunking” method, or the products used ?
or maybe the amount used (twice as much)

I cant seem to make sense of it, the instructions below say to mix it
TWICE as strong “IF” using drench, suggesting the Dunking method is
not what we are referring to as a Drench

Watering Tech for Vegetative Growth

Try to let the containers go completely dry between waterings. What I mean by completely dry is that the first physical signs of "wilting" are present. Droopy leaves, loss of turgor, etc. When the containers are bone dry, do this:

Prepare a tub/bucket of water such that when you submerge a dry container from above, the water level is 3/4ths up to the level of the soil. If using a drench, mix it TWICE AS STRONG AS NORMAL.

Submerge the containers and let them soak and wick up the drench for 5 minutes or so. When removing the containers from the soaking bucket/tub, tilt them this way and that in order to drain as much liquid out as possible.

The draining will draw air in from above which the plants absolutely love. This method will result in stronger stems, much better roots, shorter internodal spacing and better leaf to calyx ratio.

Also the following instructions “Using Drenches: below
seem to list all 3 items Growth Energy, Transplant and Cat Drench as Drenches.

This leads me to think maybe DRENCHES are these products but used at TWICE mixture ?

SO my questions is what would I consider a Drench.
The only thing I can come up with is maybe it’s the “POT DUNKING” or if we use “TWICE Amount” ?

Using Drenches:

Tea: All drenches are "served" with 2.5 mils of Tea, with two exceptions.

In High Brix growing, drenches do far more than feed the plant. They signal the plant to grow or re-produce, and they keep the biology in the soil happy and productive. This is where the magic happens! Water with straight water plus 1/4 strength Transplant between drenches with one exception.*

Growth Energy: used nearly exclusively in veg. This is where strong stems and healthy leaves come from. It is also used during the latter half of the bloom cycle to bulk up fruit and flowers. Mix at 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz per 6 plants. Stronger doses can be used if needed, but generally you'll just waste product. Finishing the growing cycle on Growth Energy results in a sweeter produce.

Transplant Should be used during the bloom phase alternating with Growth Energy. It is used at 1/2 to 2 oz per 6 plants (30 square feet.) Some growers have found that essential oil and resin production can be increased by using 1/4 oz of Transplant evenly distributed to every plant with each and every watering....whether with a drench or with just plain water. Please note, this does not mean 1/4 TO EVERY PLANT, but 1/4 oz divided equally to all plants.

**Cat Drench: This is used right when buds set. It is strongly reproductive in effect and if used at the wrong time will result in stunted growth and lower yields. Used at the proper time, unprecedented resin formation takes place. It is used twice in a row (no water in between applications). Using Cat Drench late in bloom may increase certain flavors and smells, but it also results in a more "gamey" flavor in produce.

I should probably apologies now for this post. I am not trying to be a pest.

Please bear with me I have another Question

I don’t seem to fully understand the term “DRENCH” and how it is used ?

This leads me to think maybe DRENCHES are these products but used at TWICE mixture ?

You got it. :high-five:

A "drench" is this case means something added to water.

If you're dunking/soaking, and not just top watering, you use more drench - ie, twice as concentrated as usual.

:Namaste:

You got it. :high-five:

A "drench" is this case means something added to water.

If you're soaking, and not just top watering, you use more drench - ie, twice as concentrated as usual.

:Namaste:

Thanks Graytail

Somedays I just wake up confused :)

So can I leave out the term Drench and
just say Anytime I am Dunking its twice the Mix ?
(would that include tea at twice the amount ?)
I should be able to compile that :)

Back
Top Bottom