Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Anyone have any ideas. Been away for 10 days and come home to this. Before I left I gave 2 feedings of cat.before cat drenchs only one showed signs of problem due to me not feeding enough straight water between feedings.while away my buddy feed 2 straight feeding of water. 4 out of 5 girls are looking like shit. One still has perfect colour.
420-magazine-mobile201124639.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1220442841.jpg
420-magazine-mobile635090371.jpg

Another thing I need to feed again tonight should I give another straight water or rescue drench

Your microbial activity shut down completely. Something happened to the plants. One still has perfect color....

Trim necrotic tissue off, lower branches if necessary, but nothing from the top. Rescue drench it.

Hmm maybe I should have been more specific because LST is kind of a broad term. I mean bowl training as in pulling branches to the sides so the lower middle buds get light. Also I asked if the health of the plant was better without LST because we can measure the health of the plant in brix and if there's data to backup this no LST thing well then that's just the way it is, the data doesn't lie. But anything less than that and I'd probably have to believe that it's just personal preference.

I don't know of any data to that effect.

I was simply mentioning the differences between my grow style and others. I have nothing against LST, I just don't do it, mostly because I don't have the time and also have 12 foot ceilings in the grow room.

Oh that Tangie! She's so pretty ..

Love the shot of her side by side with the Paki too - lovely to see their differences and similarities. I'd like to see more pics like that which show off the different features of strains. Guess that's tricky to do in a grow environment...

Hey Doc - what lighting do you use for the (excellent) photography? I was thinking flash but there's one or two there that look like you have a little 'spot' on them .

I use a 10 year old, resin encrusted Canon Powershot, automatic setting. I wear an LED headlamp in the grow room and try to cover it with my left hand while taking pictures with the right.

LOL. Seriously, that's my secret.

I use a 10 year old, resin encrusted Canon Powershot, automatic setting. I wear an LED headlamp in the grow room and try to cover it with my left hand while taking pictures with the right.

LOL. Seriously, that's my secret.
Cover what? The headlamp? I was also curious about your picture taking methods

Hello everyone! Here’s a couple pics of my first two high brix plants. They’re both slurricanes sprouted from seed. I started the seeds in 1 gallon pots based on the fact that Doc does it the same way. Does anyone know why this 1 seedling looks so different from the other? Also, does this look like a good time to start GE drenching? (Once they dry out a bit more of course) I gave the plants their first dose of brix today right after these photos. Thanks for looking!

420-magazine-mobile1086581528.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1240761558.jpg

Probably just a different phenotype

Yea, with the slurricane there are several different phenos. Twox just finished couple up, and yeti has 2 going also. Twox had one that smelled like blueberry pop tarts

Probably just a different phenotype

Thanks guys, I just can't help but think it looks sickly or something. She seems to be growing at the same rate as the other one though so I guess that's good .

Mmm... so any tips on how to to do this? How does one grow fungus in a jar (aside from 'accidental cultures' in unwashed receptacles)?

Does it matter which fungus you choose?

Hi Amy,

I use Oyster mushrooms, myself, as they are easily available to me at my local store. There are loads of DIY write-ups on how to grow these in mason jars online. Step 1 is foraging some, or (as I do most of the time) just go to the store and buy a pack.

Here's one: How to Grow Oyster Mushrooms (Low Tech): 9 Steps (with Pictures)

I do most of the things in this instructable, I just use cheesecloth for the 'lid', screwed on by the ring that normally comes with the mason jar. I used Sawdust (not hay) since I had that lying around.

Just like brewing beer, or growing great cannabis--keep the process clean and don't skip any steps--you'll be golden. I use 6 32oz Masons stacked together, but I imagine I could get away with fewer for my 5x5.

-Stoney

What's the most amber y'all get with the kit? I'm in week 9 here, seeing less than 10%. Should be just a few days left now...Sorry for the blurry photos! Might have to try Doc's headlamp trick next time...

fullsizeoutput_336.jpeg
IMG_457116.JPG
IMG_456511.JPG
IMG_456312.JPG
I'd like to see 20% Amber on my idicas and indica hybrids and if I can get like 80% cloudy 20% clear for my sativa I'm happy

I seriously need to jump on the high brix train in the near future!
Hey man you're killing it with the hydro setup don't you dare sell yourself short. Soil is great for a lot of people but it's certainly not the most productive. But really that's about the only negative I can even think of everything else the quality just blows everything else out of the water

My son plays that game a lot. On his fancy 'gaming PC'. I never had nothin fancy...we usedta clip some cards on to our bike forks so would make a cool sound ...stuff like that...playin outside...steppin on bees nests,..climbing trees,....road hockey....bein a kid.:) Now they talk about computer graphics and tech stuff. OK, off topic....:tokin::rofl::rofl:

Sent from my DeLorean...in the future!
If I see 1 more 12 year old riding his "scooter" while he is texting I'm going to lose it they are already 12 years old and blind to the world now we give them a phone to look at 24/7 !!!! What happened to building tree houses , forts , catching bugs and worms. And snakes and lizards making skateboard ramps I was cutting full sheets of plywood with a dam hand saw!!! No screw guns during my childhood so we had nails hard ass long double headed concrete nails!different strokes for different folks I guess!!!!! I have a 2 1/2 year old and let me tell you no phones no computers just plan old TV like the one who raised me!!!!lol fucking get rabbit ears!!!!!

If I see 1 more 12 year old riding his "scooter" while he is texting I'm going to lose it they are already 12 years old and blind to the world now we give them a phone to look at 24/7 !!!! What happened to building tree houses , forts , catching bugs and worms. And snakes and lizards making skateboard ramps I was cutting full sheets of plywood with a dam hand saw!!! No screw guns during my childhood so we had nails hard ass long double headed concrete nails!different strokes for different folks I guess!!!!! I have a 2 1/2 year old and let me tell you no phones no computers just plan old TV like the one who raised me!!!!lol fucking get rabbit ears!!!!!
I have to say like the only reason your generation was like that is simply because the tech wasn't where it is today. You cannot tell me that any kid from any time period wouldnt completely lose their shit if they had video games and YouTube. That's all it takes for literally years of entertainment..who the $&#@ is going to go build a damn treehouse when you can fight Nazi zombies?!

I have to say like the only reason your generation was like that is simply because the tech wasn't where it is today. You cannot tell me that any kid from any time period wouldnt completely lose their shit if they had video games and YouTube. That's all it takes for literally years of entertainment..who the $&#@ is going to go build a damn treehouse when you can fight Nazi zombies?!

You must be young... your statement here is obviously your opinion and I consider it wrong. This is not the direction the world needs to go. I have a 15 yo daughter and she is so sweet and kind but she also has her head up her ass and has no idea what's going on around her. No spatial awareness at all. I know for a fact when I was her age I was nothing like that. Sure I was a teen with a similar attitude but I was active and loved being outside. Knew lots of girls them that were the same way. Kids are ridiculously lazy and entitled these days and that's not the way our world need to move.

You must be young... your statement here is obviously your opinion and I consider it wrong. This is not the direction the world needs to go. I have a 15 yo daughter and she is so sweet and kind but she also has her head up her ass and has no idea what's going on around her. No spatial awareness at all. I know for a fact when I was her age I was nothing like that. Sure I was a teen with a similar attitude but I was active and loved being outside. Knew lots of girls them that were the same way. Kids are ridiculously lazy and entitled these days and that's not the way our world need to move.
I can't speak on the actions of women at all i have no reference and teen boys are much different than teen girls I went through the in between my generation, I'd say was equal outside to inside, those who played video games were still extreme nerds. I'm young but I'm not of the same community as the teenagers of today mainly because I'm 25 and I don't care what you say about "our generation v your generation" you people need to realize that we're pretty much the same and a product of our environment. What is available is what will be a part of us. Older people are always really surprised when a 3 year old can operate a tablet better than they can well that's because they've had one in their hands for over a year already. Newer generations will be different and do things differently but it's only because of the environment in which we grew up.

Back
Top Bottom