Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I am 29 and have more scars on my knees and elbows from sketchy skateboard ramps I made when younger than I can count. 3 sport athlete for many years as well. Having said that, I do have a love for technology and killing Nazi zombies as well. But when I try to give driving directions to someone younger than me, it's next to impossible. Even by using landmarks they can't figure out where they are since they are buried in their devices most of the time.

Damn kids, stay off my grass! :rofl:

You said you weren't attacking my generation and your later earlier statements showed that you were.

Ok, you're right. I didn't intend to attach your generation... I apologize. I understand what you're trying to say man... I just cannot agree. A lot comes down to choice and parenting. Regardless of the tech. If you still don't see where I'm coming from I'm sorry. I'm done. No more arguing here. Let these guys get back to it.

Yea... this makes no sense man... lost me there.
Point being that something exists (especially if it's a brand new concept like the NES was sure there was Atari but I digress.) doesn't mean that it automatically has the same effects on a society like Xbox one, PS4, Nintendo, and pc gaming has had on our current society.

Ok, you're right. I didn't intend to attach your generation... I apologize. I understand what you're trying to say man... I just cannot agree. A lot comes down to choice and parenting. Regardless of the tech. If you still don't see where I'm coming from I'm sorry. I'm done. No more arguing here. Let these guys get back to it.
Alright I mean I can accept that. Sorry for derailing so hard back to canna

I am 29 and have more scars on my knees and elbows from sketchy skateboard ramps I made when younger than I can count. 3 sport athlete for many years as well. Having said that, I do have a love for technology and killing Nazi zombies as well. But when I try to give driving directions to someone younger than me, it's next to impossible. Even by using landmarks they can't figure out where they are since they are buried in their devices most of the time.

Damn kids, stay off my grass! :rofl:

you also grow amazing cannabis! :)

I also don't even disagree that parents should have a better role to play in making sure kids aren't tablet zombies I truly get where you're coming from with that.

I'm 65 and work alongside people in their 20s. I'm more worried about the ones in their 30s than the ones in their 20s. I think the 20 somethings will be ok. And I hear that same resentment from them about the words we use. But they take it to heart and actually want to hear some truth about it from me. That kinda surprised me. They don't ignore what I say, they just want some detail, tired of just being insulted, y'know?

When I tell them that I think they'll be ok, that's it's the Xers that worry me, it seems to resonate with them. They're open to the idea that they've been mis-educated. :cheesygrinsmiley: It doesn't match reality and they know it. And the 20s generation has been living in difficult times and they're starting to figure that out. For instance, they go quiet and wide-eyed when I point out that they're tightly cleaved to the establishment, unlike previous generations that instinctively rebel against what they've been taught. This bunch lines up and chants the "truth" along with everyone around them. That really gives them pause. :laugh: They know something ain' right, but they get roundly condemned if they question it. So they're actually grateful to have someone like me (an old deplorable white man) around to tell them firmly about the BS.

But the Xers? Dunno. They're too old to correct now. With their man buns and skinny pants and make-believe jobs with weird titles, I'm afraid it will go very badly for them if anything changes. So many of them are living in a fantasy world. (And the Millennials agree with me.)

:Namaste:

I'm 65 and work alongside people in their 20s. I'm more worried about the ones in their 30s than the ones in their 20s. I think the 20 somethings will be ok. And I hear that same resentment from them about the words we use. But they take it to heart and actually want to hear some truth about it from me. That kinda surprised me. They don't ignore what I say, they just want some detail, tired of just being insulted, y'know?

When I tell them that I think they'll be ok, that's it's the Xers that worry me, it seems to resonate with them. They're open to the idea that they've been mis-educated. :cheesygrinsmiley: It doesn't match reality and they know it. And the 20s generation has been living in difficult times and they're starting to figure that out. For instance, they go quiet and wide-eyed when I point out that they're tightly cleaved to the establishment, unlike previous generations that instinctively rebel against what they've been taught. This bunch lines up and chants the "truth" along with everyone around them. That really gives them pause. :laugh: They know something ain' right, but they get roundly condemned if they question it. So they're actually grateful to have someone like me (an old deplorable white man) around to tell them firmly about the BS.

But the Xers? Dunno. They're too old to correct now. With their man buns and skinny pants and make-believe jobs with weird titles, I'm afraid it will go very bad for them if anything changes. So many of them are living in a fantasy world. (And the Millennials agree with me.)

:Namaste:
Graytail I'd listen to you any day about how screwed up the system is and how we need to change it. Things aren't right in the world and most are waking up to that. Preach brother!

Thanks Dug...
now due to grey I feel the need to try and defend the x ers.... but I already said I was done. Plus I don't have any friends ... probably cause I don't like most the people my age. I don't have skinny jeans... nor a man bun... but I am Vegan and do run long distance in sandals so take that for whatnots worth..
420-magazine-mobile1774298215.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2071274570.jpg

Oh and I do own and run a lawn service but no fancy fake titles.

Thanks Dug...
now due to grey I feel the need to try and defend the x ers.... but I already said I was done. Plus I don't have any friends ... probably cause I don't like most the people my age. I don't have skinny jeans... nor a man bun... but I am Vegan and do run long distance in sandals so take that for whatnots worth..
420-magazine-mobile1774298215.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2071274570.jpg

Oh and I do own and run a lawn service but no fancy fake titles.
Being vegan is badass and extremely good for you I can't do it but I commend you for doing so sir. There's also nothing wrong with skinny jeans or man buns (lolol ok I dont like em either but still preference is preference)

And no one ever mentions my poor freaked-out grandparents' generation. :laugh:

First television, with their kids and grandkids staring at a screen like zombies, shushing their grandparents if they tried to talk during a show ...

Then riots in the 60s and men with long hair ... young men refusing to step up and be soldiers ... couples divorcing ...

These folks were born in the 19th century, fer cryin out loud. :laugh: Livestock, horse wagons and poop in the streets ...

I still remember the blank looks on their faces.

Twas ever thus. :cheesygrinsmiley:

[Edit] and if you're mowing lawns for a living you're gonna be jus' fine, Dajerm. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom