Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

FYI, all four of Ziggy's Panama(+) beans I soaked came up. I'm pretty sure they're regs so hoping for 50%...3 would be better, but considering they're 3+ years old now, I'm excited germination rate was 100%. If these are strongly Panama-leaning, I should get a decent idea whether I like it or not...lol. I told Neiko I'm mildly ashamed I haven't tried any Ace gear in my garden yet (though I've sampled some ;) ). I suppose, technically, I still haven't run any since these are some of ziggy's zombie beans, but he said it was crossed with other Ace genetics just not exactly sure which...lmao.

On a side note, I was also very interested in trying the suggested germination method of soaking the container with RO before planting. I used 3rd run soil, flushed/drenched the 1 gal pot with RO and planted them 1/4" deep after soaking 12 hours. I had one that had the membrane on it, so I decided to slip it off with tweezers and another had half the shell clinging that I also plucked off. They're just 6-day old lings...but they're going. Twice in the last 4 years I've had seeds get eaten, so I wanted to try it in dense, highly-active soil. It worked the charm.

Man I hate time change, I really want my garden coming on when I had it coming on. Any way to go back an hour on my flower tent timer without causing light stress?

I hear ya, WHY WHY WHY Do we do this ?

Anyway what i did was to just leave it the way it was, don't like waiting to 10:30 in the evening for
the lights to come on but its better than taking the chance changing it would slow down the process
if the plants don't like it

I need to mix up a batch of soil but the water I have today is very cold, just going to get from spring. Should I wait for the water to warm up or would it be ok to wet the new batch with cold water providing it will be stored at about 70 degrees once mixed?

I don't need to mix today but it's a convenient day, all except the cold water. Thanks!

I need to mix up a batch of soil but the water I have today is very cold, just going to get from spring. Should I wait for the water to warm up or would it be ok to wet the new batch with cold water providing it will be stored at about 70 degrees once mixed?

I don't need to mix today but it's a convenient day, all except the cold water. Thanks!

I see no prob with that Ween, since it will be stored at the proper temp, it should cook up just fine. Probably just take a day or two to get the soil up to temp, id say its no biggie. Buuuuutttt, maybe wait for more experienced answers. Hope you're having a great day!

FYI, all four of Ziggy's Panama(+) beans I soaked came up. I'm pretty sure they're regs so hoping for 50%...3 would be better, but considering they're 3+ years old now, I'm excited germination rate was 100%. If these are strongly Panama-leaning, I should get a decent idea whether I like it or not...lol. I told Neiko I'm mildly ashamed I haven't tried any Ace gear in my garden yet (though I've sampled some ;) ). I suppose, technically, I still haven't run any since these are some of ziggy's zombie beans, but he said it was crossed with other Ace genetics just not exactly sure which...lmao.

On a side note, I was also very interested in trying the suggested germination method of soaking the container with RO before planting. I used 3rd run soil, flushed/drenched the 1 gal pot with RO and planted them 1/4" deep after soaking 12 hours. I had one that had the membrane on it, so I decided to slip it off with tweezers and another had half the shell clinging that I also plucked off. They're just 6-day old lings...but they're going. Twice in the last 4 years I've had seeds get eaten, so I wanted to try it in dense, highly-active soil. It worked the charm.

I've had much higher than average germination rates; closer to 100%; even with 2-3 yr Z'ACE seeds than I have with seeds from other sources. :thumb:

I see no prob with that Ween, since it will be stored at the proper temp, it should cook up just fine. Probably just take a day or two to get the soil up to temp, id say its no biggie. Buuuuutttt, maybe wait for more experienced answers. Hope you're having a great day!

Thanks Daj! The day got away from me so no time to mix the soil up anyways. :passitleft:

Man I hate time change, I really want my garden coming on when I had it coming on. Any way to go back an hour on my flower tent timer without causing light stress?

Hi Dajerm
Best to leave the way they are, then change before next run. Will that work for you?

I seem to be seeing an early Mag Def on my ladies (kush crosses) and was curious
if we still use the OG Drench or has Snake Oil replaced it ?

Can i add EPSOM SALTs with waterings or will this mess up the soil ?
I need to use this on my 10 gal and 7 gal pots and was thinking 1 tsp per gal of H2O ?
Will also be using the Way/Ahead (no more than twice) so figured I should ask first

I seem to be seeing an early Mag Def on my ladies (kush crosses) and was curious
if we still use the OG Drench or has Snake Oil replaced it ?

Can i add EPSOM SALTs with waterings or will this mess up the soil ?
I need to use this on my 10 gal and 7 gal pots and was thinking 1 tsp per gal of H2O ?
Will also be using the Way/Ahead (no more than twice) so figured I should ask first
If you have the new formula (which it sounds like you do) Epsoms is no longer recommended. I have seen people being told now to use Snake oil/way ahead and to give them a super drench since there is an abundance of mag in the transplant at this point. I am not sure about the OG drench though.

If you have the new formula (which it sounds like you do) Epsoms is no longer recommended. I have seen people being told now to use Snake oil/way ahead and to give them a super drench since there is an abundance of mag in the transplant at this point. I am not sure about the OG drench though.

Thanks a bunch

I was planning on a RESCUE DRENCH tonight (GSCE) and WayAhead/Snake oil with BRIX in the
Next couple days. Will have to wait to start the CATs on this one

The Blackberry is not showing much except it looks to be starting with the stems Purple-ing but
kinda wanting to START the First CAT Tonight (day 21 flower) and the WayAhead/Snake oil with BRIX in the
Next couple days.

I will not add EPSOM SALTs and see if the WayAhead helps first, Thanks again

I've top-dressed Epsom's a few times even on the new formulas. I don't do very much, but a tsp on top that just gets watered in. I won't do it in the last 3 weeks or so, and don't do it all the time.

Thanks I'll keep this in mind, Don't think the Blackberry will need more than the WayAhead but the GSCE
Needs a good boost

BLACKBERRY KUSH

GIRL SCOUT COOKIE EXTREME

Just some new pics of Noel. Sorry there are so many... I’m pretty excited about this lady. She’s my best so far for sure, definitely more stable genetics in this one.

Shes a squat bush eh? Nice even canopy bud! :high-five:
Oh yes, very squat indeed... putting on her stretch now.
Thanks, I really haven’t had to mess with her since flip. I’ll probably trim her up a bit Sunday, and then top dress. She still hasn’t needed another drink since Transplant. Maybe in a day or two... I’ll top dress just before I Water if that’s the case. Thanks Yeti!!

Back
Top Bottom