Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Dajerm, I just stumbled on the quote from Doc from Mar 4 that I was trying to quote. This in response to someone who shared your concern that nothing was happening.

"OK....now we're starting off on the right foot! The roots are much bigger than the foliage now....and we want to not only keep it that way, we want to emphasize roots.

Now is the boring, long wait between watering and drenches at this stage. Pay attention to the weight of the pot and as it dries out, put just a bit of water down the top so the roots start branching in all directions. About 1/4 cup is all you need.

The wet/dry cycle will encourage massive roots, short internodes, thick, strong stems and a good leaf/calyx ratio.

Perfect (to add) 1/4 cup and keep a 3 inch dry circle away from main stem

Dajerm, I just stumbled on the quote from Doc from Mar 4 that I was trying to quote. This in response to someone who shared your concern that nothing was happening.

"OK....now we're starting off on the right foot! The roots are much bigger than the foliage now....and we want to not only keep it that way, we want to emphasize roots.

Now is the boring, long wait between watering and drenches at this stage. Pay attention to the weight of the pot and as it dries out, put just a bit of water down the top so the roots start branching in all directions. About 1/4 cup is all you need.

The wet/dry cycle will encourage massive roots, short internodes, thick, strong stems and a good leaf/calyx ratio.

Perfect (to add) 1/4 cup and keep a 3 inch dry circle away from main stem

Hey there medmanmike! Yes sir, I recall Doc saying that... its just this thing sprouted so tiny. It's growing much slower than the last seeds I've germinated. Im trying to be patient :rolleyes::p

Got another seed? You could probably sprout that before this one gets its act together, then see which is a keeper.

I do, but only got 3 total... I could try that, but if they both turn out to be keepers I don't really have the space... Thanks GT, ill give that some thought!

I would keep her and let her show off later, Slow start = better roots
"Don't believe me just watch"
This one for them hood girls
Them good girls straight masterpieces

That little Panama is building roots like mad right now. Don't give up on her, when she does start growing it will easily take over your tent. Waiting sucks sometimes but I haven't seen a bad/weak panama yet. Give her the time she needs and she'll reward you for sure.

Thanks Neiko, it does suck indeed. But she's already growing, and is now the size of other seedlings I have popped. She was just really tiny, but she's trying real hard so I will try really hard to be more patient with her. Thank you again!!

Noel, the White Widow got the royal treatment today. I trimmed her up a bit and thinned out some unneeded branches, top dressed with Recharge and EWC, watered that in real good with a TP drench using 1.5 gallons this time to fully saturate her. Will probably back that off to 1gal per watering, to help squeeze in more feedings.

Damn pics don't always keep their orientation, don't remember having that issue before this site update.

Hey Daj! She is beautiful! :high-five:

You can actually edit your pics and rotate once uploaded. Next to the pic there are three dots, click that and then edit.

Oops, I guess i lied.i swear it was there just the other day. I edited a number of pics that uploaded sideways. Oh, well maybe it will come back...?

Ok, so this is the Panama’s 7 day progress... I’m still thinking of culling, seems to be growing so slow. I may give her one more week, but I really need her to get her ass in gear. Don’t have time for wasting on a finicky plant. Already used up that time on the last two grows. Any opinions would be much welcomed! Thanks everyone!!

your "Groot" :rofl: is coming along nicely...

Hello Brix Gang and friends, new and old!

I'm back in the country now and will start posting, helping, etc. I was in Uruguay, and for some reason I could not use my IPAD with the forum software. i could read posts and "like" them but I could not respond. Phone wouldn't work either.

So, I'm back and will post some pics later today. It will be great to resume activities on the best internet forum in the world!

Doc

Hello Brix Gang and friends, new and old!

I'm back in the country now and will start posting, helping, etc. I was in Uruguay, and for some reason I could not use my IPAD with the forum software. i could read posts and "like" them but I could not respond. Phone wouldn't work either.

So, I'm back and will post some pics later today. It will be great to resume activities on the best internet forum in the world!

Doc

Welcome back good sir!

Hey there Ween! She received a heavy TP drench a day or so before Transplant... them the 1/4 trans after Transplant. I’m following Duggan advice on letting her dry out pretty good after the first watering. Every 4 days seems awfully frequent...
I’m just wondering if its normal for them to take so long after their Transplant watering to dry up. The pot still has some weight to it, and Noel shows no signs of stress, no wilting, just Growth. Thanks Ween!
I put my plants from half gallons into 17 gal totes and it's not uncommon for it to take a month+ before they want their first drink. Be patient and they'll get there.

Welcome back Doc! My local nursery only has the BX pro mix. Is an 8qt bag of perlite enough or should I get more? Need to mix up a batch.

I know you'll be busy catching up on journals so will drop a few pics of my beauties here for you. Best run yet! Following the dark journal.

Wow! It appears you have this High Brix thing dialed in. Please share with others anything from your learning curve that might help. You're in the zone, 100%.

As for BX....just add 20% perlite to it.....20-30....no problem.

OK, thanks Doc! I'll get more perlite.

The 2 main things that contributed to my vast improvement this grow are I was able to increase my night time temps to a low of 68 (as you always say, environment, environment, environment) and by following Darks journal, I significantly increased the amount of drench I've been feeding.

Thanks again Doc!

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom