Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Heres the green string section
DSC_14003.JPG

That's awhile back.

Had this thought on my mind re: heavy feeders vs salt lovers. I had a couple Sativa Dom hybrids that were definitely not salt lovers. But after the cat drenches, when I switched back to energy, some issues appeared. Yellowing or slightly rusting fans, crispy leaf tips. I now believe these to by symptoms of hunger! I've upped my energy dosage for plants that stretched a bunch and are really packin on the buds. That's when they need it! Also experimenting with top dressing rescue soil and some EWC as alternative treatment. Probably a combo of the two is ideal.

I need to do the same thing man. I missed a window slightly on the Blue Dream as, similar to smokey's, mine has gone yellow from apparent hunger, but I felt I'd boosted it enough at the time of recharge (I added EWC top-dressed too). It's still got green on it and it's still doing o.k. and should make it another week pretty easily, but the 8bk stayed green and is just starting to turn down low...understandable as it enters its last week of life.

:cool:

Beautiful beans, bro!

Doc here are the pics of my yellowing leaves. Epsom salt did'nt seem to help. They wre given final cat sunday.
20150223_212435.jpg
20150223_212415.jpg
20150223_212448.jpg
20150223_212435.jpg

Those are fan leaves...many strains drop the fan leaves at this stage. Think of it as plant directed defoliation.

Drench on the heavy side, keep the foliars going and you'll be just fine!

There appears to be a critical window when bloom is progressing at a furious pace where the "salt lovers" express their preferences. A pre-emptive root drench is the way to go.....keep a journal and next time, head it off at the pass.

dube, just pluck those yellows off and smile. T'hose are nice plants bro.

If I end up at the SF Cup I will have testers available with me there.

Ziggy..I am going to pop 10 and see what happens today....:high-five:

Doc I've tried a bit from that branch that I took those seeds from. Man I love this strain. The potency is there still...I just gave them some salty this morning. The last OPP I grew got salty too. I used it in every 2nd watering after cat drench, man did that smoke ever taste good. Gov got to try some of that plant, I popped his HB Cherry with it...LOL

These plants have had it 2x now.

That lost coast hashplant I had with me at the cup was every 2nd water too. It was pretty nice...

oh la la Curso.....

Just saw this.....how many different ways do you skin a cat? As long as all the skin comes off, right?

But the skin is the best part. Just sayin'.

Back
Top Bottom