Update ;)

"The last Day under the Sun" ;)

Tomorrow they will have 24h darkness, and on Sunday I'll cut them down.

CIMG3234.JPG

CIMG3235.JPG

CIMG3236.JPG

CIMG3237.JPG

CIMG3238.JPG

CIMG3239.JPG

CIMG3240.JPG

So Far, Teleon

Today is harvest day ;) Will Upload pics later !
Hope the harvest went well. Had to register to say I love your grow op. Found this thread because I was looking for Led-Tech alustrip builds. I've been growing for years with 600w HPS and I think it's finally time to upgrade my setup. I have 4x4 and a 2x3 tents that both need new lights.

I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions. Has your friend liked his setup you build him? I think I'm pretty much going to copy your build but I'm leaving out the reds(might add them later) and I think I'm going to use 5 x 1m aluminium covers instead 50cm just to save some money. Still should be ok for 10 strips.
You mentioned you used HLG-320H-20A (2x) and LCM-60. What's the LCM-60 for? Is it to connect the two drivers together or what?

For the veg tent I would only need something that keeps cuttings and/or mothers alive. What do you think would be enough for this? Maybe 3 strips? I have no idea what driver would be sufficient for those. I doubt I will need HLG-320H-20A for it. I'm so lost matching these with proper drivers :D

I think I'm gonna go with 2x HLG-320H-C1400B for the big light because Digikey has them a bit cheaper. That should be fine right?

Still don't quite understand what the LCM-60 is for. Dimming I assume but isn't it a led driver also?

I think I'm gonna go with 2x HLG-320H-C1400B for the big light because Digikey has them a bit cheaper. That should be fine right?

Still don't quite understand what the LCM-60 is for. Dimming I assume but isn't it a led driver also?

Hey Vike, sorry wasnt here a long time ;)

The LCM-60 are for the red/blue Osram stripes - u can dimm them, thats correct, but u dont have to :D

Will post an Update tonight, a few things changed, also made a box for pre veg, to shorten the time while waiting for the harvest to dry ;)

Teleon

If u want to real dimm them u need the HLG-320H-AB - then u can adjust the Io via builded in poti and add another poti to real dimm the LED's from 0% too 100% or if going crazy u can add a Arduino and control it via PWM Signals :D guess I'll do that when I have time for it ;)

Have one single stripe with again 98x LM301B in the little box with a HLG-60H-AB, works as expected! :)

If u want to real dimm them u need the HLG-320H-AB - then u can adjust the Io via builded in poti and add another poti to real dimm the LED's from 0% too 100% or if going crazy u can add a Arduino and control it via PWM Signals :D guess I'll do that when I have time for it ;)

Have one single stripe with again 98x LM301B in the little box with a HLG-60H-AB, works as expected!
Nice to have you back. I build almost the same light but used 12x 98x LM301B 3K. No reds.
Now I had a problem measuring the current because I'm not an electrician so I'm waiting for an ammeter so I don't have to break the circuit and mess around with the multimeter. First ordered UNI-T UT210E PRO for 33€ from aliexpress. Then realized I might have to wait months and bought a second hand Fluke T6-1000 for 156€. Probably will sell the Fluke after I've done measuring since I read it's an overpriced pos. Should get it in a few days.
Being dumb suddenly got expensive :)

Sorry for rambling about stuff and ty for the light idea. Mine looks like this:

MVIMG_20201209_120426.jpg

Nice to have you back. I build almost the same light but used 12x 98x LM301B 3K. No reds.
Now I had a problem measuring the current because I'm not an electrician so I'm waiting for an ammeter so I don't have to break the circuit and mess around with the multimeter. First ordered UNI-T UT210E PRO for 33€ from aliexpress. Then realized I might have to wait months and bought a second hand Fluke T6-1000 for 156€. Probably will sell the Fluke after I've done measuring since I read it's an overpriced pos. Should get it in a few days.
Being dumb suddenly got expensive :)

Sorry for rambling about stuff and ty for the light idea. Mine looks like this:

MVIMG_20201209_120426.jpg

Looks like a solid build ;) 3K should also be okay for all! How big is the growing area and how many plants do u plan?

U can get a cheap and good ampmeter from Conrad.de - that one : Voltcraft VC-330

As I said, I builded a pre veg box for the little ones while the harvest is drying, also dont need to fire up the big lamp, I have a 98x LM301B stripe in the box (max ~50W) - and because I got a better meanwell driver, it's dimmable from 0-100% which is great. So I safe some money and also time while waiting for drying....also clean the tent good after every grow, so that also takes time after the harvest is in the jars ;)

Here some pics of the build

IMG_20200410_190209.jpg

IMG_20201216_220503.jpg

IMG_20201216_233343.jpg
IMG_20201216_233358.jpg

IMG_20201216_220528.jpg

IMG_20201216_220539.jpg

IMG_20201216_220513.jpg

For keeping the light in, I printed these light traps with my 3D printer....
IMG_20200410_192443.jpg

IMG_20200410_192523.jpg

Also changed my nutes, for the last run I used Biotabs and I'm quite happy with that, cause I rlly dont had to measure any pH or EC at any time and had no deficiencies at all, just have to add a bit more than pure water, guess that boost that a bit more for bigger buds - the harvest should be dry at the weekend, so I'll put it in glasses and can tell the weight ;)

IMG_20201209_225344.jpg

Will post more tmr! :surf:

About the current measurements on MW drivers, I had trouble messuring with a wired meter in series on some of their driver type, the driver short protected when trying to put the meter in series so I had to use a clamp meter. But I cant remember what type it was, I have both 320's, 185's and some 100V versions. But if you messured with meter in series Teleon on 320 it should be my 100V I had issues with. Hope the build will go fine!

About the current measurements on MW drivers, I had trouble messuring with a wired meter in series on some of their driver type, the driver short protected when trying to put the meter in series so I had to use a clamp meter. But I cant remember what type it was, I have both 320's, 185's and some 100V versions. But if you messured with meter in series Teleon on 320 it should be my 100V I had issues with. Hope the build will go fine!
Yup, having trouble measuring for sure. First I measured incorrectly like voltage and shorted stuff out. Then I got a Fluke T6-1000 but it's kind of hard to measure with it so I learned how to measure Amps with the multimeter correctly(I think). Positive wire from driver to positive probe on multimeter that is in the fused 10Amp slot. Negative probe to the first led strips positive wire.
Now I get a reading of 0.80Amps but when I rotate the trimpot nothing changes. I'm adjusting the first pot named "Io adj" not the "Vo adj" so I think I'm doing it right.

Teleon how did you adjust the amps? I have the same drivers HLG-320H-20A.

Yup, having trouble measuring for sure. First I measured incorrectly like voltage and shorted stuff out. Then I got a Fluke T6-1000 but it's kind of hard to measure with it so I learned how to measure Amps with the multimeter correctly(I think). Positive wire from driver to positive probe on multimeter that is in the fused 10Amp slot. Negative probe to the first led strips positive wire.
Now I get a reading of 0.80Amps but when I rotate the trimpot nothing changes. I'm adjusting the first pot named "Io adj" not the "Vo adj" so I think I'm doing it right.

Teleon how did you adjust the amps? I have the same drivers HLG-320H-20A.

As @CraZysWeeD said, it's not recommended to measure it with a multimeter in the circuit, u need a clampamp-meter....

I just set up the Vo measuring with a normal mutlimeter, then I go with the clampamp meter and set up the Io...also did that at the HLG-60H-20AB for the max value.

For the first few weeks when they are in veg I go for the lowest Io point u can get, increasing it when in bloom every few days a bit, but always measure it with my clampamp meter ;)

As @CraZysWeeD said, it's not recommended to measure it with a multimeter in the circuit, u need a clampamp-meter....

I just set up the Vo measuring with a normal mutlimeter, then I go with the clampamp meter and set up the Io...also did that at the HLG-60H-20AB for the max value.
Yeah I got this UNI-T UT210E Pro ammeter coming but it's perfectly doable with a normal multimeter, it's just harder and more annoying :)
Anyways, when you adjust the Io trimpot it changes the current for you? Maybe my drivers are broken. Need to do some more testing.

Edit: Oh, and to answer you question this is for a 120cm x 120cm tent. The light is 115cm x 100cm. I'm using a 600w HPS still. I was hoping to replace it with this light but I just calculated that with 19.6V x 0.8amps = 15,68 x 12 = 188,16W. 188 Watts is ok for a Veg light but for flowering not so much. I really need to figure out why adjusting the lo out pot does nothing.
I would need to run 19.6V with 2.1Amps to get 494W and that could possibly replace the HPS.

Yeah I got this UNI-T UT210E Pro ammeter coming but it's perfectly doable with a normal multimeter, it's just harder and more annoying :)
Anyways, when you adjust the Io trimpot it changes the current for you? Maybe my drivers are broken. Need to do some more testing.

I don't think there is something wrong with your drivers, these are the most stable and durable drivers there are for this purpose... I shorted mine countless of times and they also protect leds in case of any ripple effects in the input voltage. But this makes them also extremely sensitive to changes in allowed impedance on the DC side which the amp meter gives. I wouldn't trust that 0,8A value you seem to have got when measuring current, you are sure about you got a proper DC clamp amp meter capable of reading down to mA? Reason why I don't trust that reading is you got a constant current driver suppose to deliver +-10% of 6,7A.

Post some pics on when you are measuring

Back
Top Bottom