Dread's Indoor 400w DWC

That's wasssup. I've wanted to do a hydro gro for a couple weeks now(you might have seen me babbling about it), but I was just telling my bud Labrat that i didnt have the $$ to get an R/O filter that wouldnt take 2 days to fill my tubs. So ill definitly be watching this grow.. as a matter of fact

--> Thread Tools
--> Subscribe to this Thread
--> Add subscription

booyakah :ganjamon:

Hey, just wanted to note drojo: I had the same issue, and resolved it by isolating my nutrient bins (instead of a recirc. setup) This allows me to fill a mixing bin w/ a float valve in it overnight.

You can also get those ebay systems(I have one) and upsize your membrane and flowrestrictor to 100 or 150 gallons per day - then you can even add on another membrane (just wire it up so the waste from the 1st membrane goes into the second one) More efficient this way I suppose....

Those fancy Merlin RO systems pump out 700GPD @ .5 gal per min... mine is 100 gpd, considering upgrade to 2 150gpd membranes to help enhance my setup rather than going for a new 500$ RO setup :p

@ DR D: +rep on the setup: simplicity is priceless

Nice, dude. Good luck with your hydro grow. Is this your first? I just started my first hydro grow, a DWC grow as well with supplemental drip, but I haven't figured out how to add the link to my signature. Hahaha!

Anyway, I'm subscribed now and again good luck!

-->User Cp
-->Settings & Options
-->Edit Signature.

:focus: for me lol .. Dr. D ur comin along:smokin:

They look fine man, you want to see some unstable shit, check out my JW that I came up with...lol I had only 1 male plant and it was a mutant, so now I have some crazy stuff growing. I really don't care cause its my very first pollinating and crossing anything.

Thanks for all the support and replies everyone!! It really means alot to me! :grinjoint:

Thanks for the encouragement LabRat, you put my mind at ease. I just need to go with the flow...

CanoLove, thanks for checking out the thread! My setup cost me no more than $100. Thats not counting the 400w of course...

Good to see you as well Stizzle... Glad you found my journal!

Drojo, many thanks for always checkin in man!

Ultrasonic, thanks for the low-down on RO setups... and the reps too.

And Sisco my man, thank you for the re-assurance brother!

On to the update. They are looking pretty pathetic overall... I'm still getting some curling and twisting, but I think I figured it out. I re-calibrated my ph pen and instead of it reading 7.0 in the reference solution, it read 8.4. So my ph has been off for who knows how long. I performed my first res change this morning. Went ahead and bought 10gal of distilled water just to see if it will make them more happy. Mixed up the nutes according to FF's schedule. I then added 1.5tsp Floralicious Plus, and 25ml Hygrozyme. PPM was only at 500ppm so I added more FF GB and BB until it read 800ppm. I then balanced the ph with my freshly calibrated pen.

The triploid is still throwing three leaves per node. It only has two on the second node, but has started to throw three again! I really hope this ones a female!!! Besides the one right above the triploid, they are curling badly and just looking generally unhealthy. I raised the light a little and am backing off the nutes for a few days... Fox Farm's schedule tells me to have a ppm in the 1100 range, but I think that may be a bit excessive. Anyone care to drop some knowledge on me? Thanks.

001212.JPG

Trip
004219.JPG

My only normal looking plant so far...
01697.JPG

"Roots Natty!"
02068.JPG

pH pens are for shit. I had one and it was junk. I ended up getting a Hanna Instruments GroCheck. It has real time pH and ppm readings. Here's a pic:

DSC01517.JPG

BTW, if you are doing DWC start your solution out at like 600 -800 ppm for the first 2 weeks then crank it to 1600 ppm. Also remember that in addition to adjusting your pH to 5.7 - 6.0 everyday, you need to completely switch out the solution every 2 weeks. The plants will leech alot of waste and toxins into the solution. This means your ppm/TDS reading will not accurately reflect the true nutrient concentration after 2 - 3 weeks.

Another consideration is that you have 6 plants in 10 gallons of water. This is going to be a problem. When you get 1 month into flowering, each plant will be sucking down 1.5 - 2 gallons of solution each day. You may wish to consider adding an additional reservoir to top off this bucket unless you want to refill it 4 times/day.

Yet another consideration, when you are 1 month into flowering, you can forget about removing that lid. The root ball of each of those plants is going to weigh at least 5 lbs plus the weight of the plants above the lid. So you should do a little planning ahead to determine how you are going to determine water level and still be able to switch out all the solution every two weeks once that lid becomes tough to manipulate.

Cheers, and good luck. - RM

RageMonkey, if I may, I dont understand why my plants at 3 weeks into flowering are taking half the water I was giving them in veg, any suggestions?

It's because at three weeks into flowering the plants are putting their efforts into budding instead of vigorous vegetative growth and don't need as much water.

Hope that helps.

:peace:

Thank you all for everything you have taught me over this past year or two. I really appreciate all the kindness and love I have recieved from all the 420 members...

Unfortunately, this grow has come to a shocking and abrupt end. While I was out of town yesterday, someone broke into my apartment and robbed me of all my possesions including 42''tv, computer/monitor, 3 gibson guitars, and my grow supplies to just to name a few items. All in all I lost about $3500 worth of stuff. Oh yeah, they stole all my stonerhenge and sativa crop that I had curing. Money cant buy back those nugs...

I dont really know what else to say right now other than thank you all for the support and kindness. I'm going to deeply miss sharing my journal with everyone and all the good 420 vibes you all have shown me. I will be in the process of setting up a new grow. When I get a new computer,(I'm using my friends in case anyones wondering) I will be sure to check in with everybodys journals and keep in touch.

Thanks for all the positive vibes you have shared with me! Being on these forums is one of my favorite things in the world, and its a shame someone had the nerve to trash my place and ruin it for me. That being said, whoever it was will most definitely be paying some serious karma dues here shortly...

:thanks: all who have glanced over my journals from time to time!

When you blaze that next bowl of kind, think of me!! :ganjamon:

SEE YA EVERYBODY! HOPE EVERYONE HAS A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON! LOVE AND RESPECT FROM YOUR MAN DREAD!! :grinjoint::grinjoint:

Doctor Dread, Very Sorry to hear that Brother! Those F--kers! This time of year really adds to the whole issue too. Where you able to file a police report or no because of your growing. Dude I am lost for words. Can not believe this! I hope Those MF'ers burn in hell. If it helps... You got your Health, Family, Friends there and all here ON 420 Thinking about you Bro. Carry on, Carry on. :peace:

Sad news dude. That totally blows chunks! There's a special place in hell for a-holes like that and the Devil already told me I get to run that section when I show up. Them f**kers are gonna pay big time!

Hope you have a Merry Xmas just to spite those douche bags.

:peace:

Me and my roommate would also like to pass on our condolences regarding what happened to you.

We wish you the best holiday season possible, and hope to see you around again when things get started up.

This bowl's for you.

Sorry Dread. I don't understand ppl in this world sometimes. I really dont.

Back
Top Bottom