Dutch Does Hindu Kush In Promix HP

Been watching some yellowing leaves creep up from the bottom of HK 1 this week.
I did not defoliate any as I thought they are a good indicator of what is going on with the plant, and it could use any available nutrients from said leaves.
Possibly screaming for more nitrogen? I have been adding some extra N every feeding now.
This is 36 days post flip so I think a little early to be cannibalizing itself.

I think the buds are decent size for its age, really hoping to see them plump up in the next few weeks. Also getting a slight burnt rubber smell when the flowering room is opened. I either get used to it or it dissipates by the time watering is done.

If it’s all down low, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. A lot of times these plants just trim the fat all by themselves, and if a leaf is pulling more energy than it’s producing... then it’s fat. My Northern lights drops out about 15 leaves from her skirt every day for the first few weeks. I wouldn’t worry about it at all as long as your Leaves in direct light look good. Other than that, good job so far in here DAB! Buds are coming along great.

Careful with adding N, you could be locking out K and making the problem worse. If it continues to persist and looks like it’s not getting better. Flush the pot with 3x the volume of fresh water, then water in a gallon of nutrients. Medium reset is a good idea in flower. Especially for the heavy feeders. I typically do mine at the start of week 6, or day 36.

You could if You think it needs it. The way I do my grows latley is I water untill I get 10- 20 % runoff. That should stop from getting a build up. The reason I do this instead of flushing with water is plant can't fit though the door very well to get to the laundry sink. Then the weight of them after flushing is a little much for this old back. Works well and megacrop is cheap.

You want to go straight away with the nutrients. If you just flush, then you’ll be leaving your girls with nothing to uptake, which will just make the problem worse. You wanna get rid of any build ups that mAy be happening, and reset with fresh nutrients.. So water in your nutes directly after flushing.

Well, flush of HK 1 went good
354DDA92-06B2-4E0B-A99F-F5D214B6DA4F.jpeg

Old oven racks come in handy over top of some tubs to let the water drain

Also had some time to play around with the loupe
6E014CB0-CAA1-40C2-BFA6-A5689D324AD8.jpeg

CD208F2F-715F-4E43-B8EB-C31A25B9321A.jpeg

Need a little practice with that to find the sweet spot!!

It took me a while to grasp what it was putting down too, here is my best shot at it;

The black lines show an increase in demand of a nutrient when another is added. In my case adding the molybdenum caused a need for more nitrogen, which it was taking from all the lower leaves.

The green lines show how lockouts occur, adding one nutrient creates a decline in another’s absorption. Take nitrogen as an example again, an excess can cause potassium, boron and copper lockout.

Back
Top Bottom