You been busy my brother!! Thanks for all the info. I learned from it. Looks like your exhaust/fan is on top? Are you ducting from the top?
I like the temps. Thanks for showing. Im still experimenting with mine some. It seems to run as high as 90 deg but mostly a 86 deg with lights on. It dosent feel like 86 deg. i wonder if my temp gauge is accurate. I think its hot where I live compared to most here. The plants seem to handle all very well!! I thought they were pulling up the wire, nope!! Theyre just growing!!! Ive got the 2 600w HPS about 2' from the plants and wonder if its too close? Theres not much heat on my hand?. The first day I had them 5' away from the lights to acclimate but now their close. Too close?????
I get conflicting advice to put the AC inside the tent. What your thoughts? I think for summer time my temps are fine and will only get better with the seasons.
Having fun eh!!

first off, thanks to all for showing up in my new grow room!!! it has been a busy few days.

dutch, get an oscillating fan or two in the tent and drop those lights man!!! if your tops are cool enough you can run real close. work your way down if you like. i do it the opposite, i work my way up. but....i am nutz!!! i like my light to be right there. i'm talking no more than 6 inches if i have enough light spread to cover my plants. so if conditions are right: fans sweeping across, light spread covers all plants, plants don't react badly, i keep my lights as close as they let me. they being the girls.

very important that last part, when playing with light height, you have to watch the girls, to ensure they are healthy and enjoying it. if not move the lights up a few inches. i do the hand test alot with hid lighting. i trust the hand and the girls a lot more than i trust a thermo. you can go in 6's. 6 up or 6 down. once you get close to happy move in 3's to split the difference.

example....now i have higher tent temps right? did my led start running hotter risking burning my plants? no. it's environmental, so the therm gives me an environmental reading, but not a "comfort" reading for my girls. if it was hid not led with the extra bump in temps, i know i could easily move my lights closer, becuase it is not caused by the light itself. high "room temp" is not the same as "high light temps" something i think we all get confused sometimes.

this here led stuff.....weirdos. not the same system at all. they will actually bleach out the plants if to close even though the heat is ok. my baby orange tree(8" tall) got completely bleached out even though it was nowhere near the lights(24-36"), so she is in my warm bright room to recover. slowly she is greening up again. once i get my 5x5 fully in action, the orange will go in there, she loves the hid lights.

as for being busy, yep i have been. but it's only gonna get busier.....

so the plan for 5x5 is to try out the amphetamine auto's, so i popped one bean this am to get a time split between the first and the rest of the bunch. she will get silver for flipping. i'll probably give her 2 weeks jump start before popping the other 9 beans.

the long term plan for 5x5, is to be a mum tent. so, bonsai mums is the plan. crit kush in dwc will give us a clone for that one. and this am i popped 1 each of the following.....

cks...........white cookies fem
mjs...........white widow fem
dinafem.....critical fem
barney's.....pineapple chunk
barney's.....cookies kush
ours..........3 x deep chunkolate from my first grow. reg seeds that's why 3, i'll prove a fem first by cloning.

20160822_092232.jpg

sooo yep, gonna get busier, lol.

and yes i am.

having fun eh

You been busy my brother!! Thanks for all the info. I learned from it. Looks like your exhaust/fan is on top? Are you ducting from the top?
I like the temps. Thanks for showing. Im still experimenting with mine some. It seems to run as high as 90 deg but mostly a 86 deg with lights on. It dosent feel like 86 deg. i wonder if my temp gauge is accurate. I think its hot where I live compared to most here. The plants seem to handle all very well!! I thought they were pulling up the wire, nope!! Theyre just growing!!! Ive got the 2 600w HPS about 2' from the plants and wonder if its too close? Theres not much heat on my hand?. The first day I had them 5' away from the lights to acclimate but now their close. Too close?????
I get conflicting advice to put the AC inside the tent. What your thoughts? I think for summer time my temps are fine and will only get better with the seasons.
Having fun eh!!

Great info!
If you were going to add lights to a 5x9 tent with already two 600w HPS, what would it be??
Im thinking a 600w LED strapped to the top of the tent?
I already have a 1000w MH I could use. But more heat? and too much light? and id have to run that with my hoods so thats out.
I got the cash to get a cheap 600w LED and wonder if I should?
Im going to go lower those two HPS now! Thanks!!!! What fun!

hey dutch, you'll see in your thread i tell you to get comfortable with your systems. and that's the same advice i have about getting another light atm. you don't even know if you need it, so why? just to have it? see what your tent does first. please.

have fun eh

Great info!
If you were going to add lights to a 5x9 tent with already two 600w HPS, what would it be??
Im thinking a 600w LED strapped to the top of the tent?
I already have a 1000w MH I could use. But more heat? and too much light? and id have to run that with my hoods so thats out.
I got the cash to get a cheap 600w LED and wonder if I should?
Im going to go lower those two HPS now! Thanks!!!! What fun!

duhhh forgot to add that i picked out a branch and started silver on my BTA last night too.

lol

as if i aint busy enough.

well here we go again...

good day today, lsd 25's got up'd to their final pots. they now reside in 5x5 under a 1k mh running at 50% on the cube.

nothing too much else atm just maintenance. tomorrow will be feeding day for the girls.

took some better pics of the room for ya'lls viewin pleasure. don't laff too hard it's huge compared to my last room, lol.

first the tent on opening....
20160822_191557.jpg

now the tour...
from the door
20160822_231620.jpg

lsd 25's
20160822_231655.jpg

20160822_231712.jpg

beside the door, my mess....
20160822_231632.jpg

lookin at the 4x8 from the door
20160822_231813.jpg

cabinet between the 2 tents
20160822_231750.jpg

20160822_231801.jpg

and a shot of the mess, lol...
20160822_231831.jpg

that's er for the night folks love it or leave it, but...

have fun eh

13" it is then... cool!!!
as long as the girls are happy there that is all that matters.

in my 5x5, since i have no direct fan i am working opposite my norm. i'm moving the light down instead of up. however, so far it seems the system is working. the 5x5 is cooler than the 4x8. so the fan is drawing most of the heat into the 4x8 then out through the filter.

of course, now my dwc res is getting too warm, lol. can't win. might try to move it into the 5x5, if i can find a place to plug in the air pump.

have fun eh

I lowerd my lights to 13" above the plants and cant lower more without extending my duct. So 13" it is. Nice to see a proper tent set up Unforgiven. Having Fun!!
Oh Im getting a small oscillating fan today and 32oz of Aza Max

okie dokie alls well today. the new exhaust setup is working as i had hoped, drawing the heat from the hid in 5x5 over to the 4x8 with the led. 86.5 on opening today. good for me.

twas feeding day today....
5,6 flushed
7,8,9wk7blm
22-27wk1blm
3wk8blm
10,11,17-21wk2blm

the seeds for the "mums project" and one amphetamine auto went into towel this morning.

crit kush dwc got moved to 5x5

took some nug pics of a few girls, just posting a couple of interest, friggin tuff to choose lol.

on with the show...
this one is on #5 which had the silver branches removed, she was flushed last week, shoulda been ready, but has decided to toss out a couple new pistils on every flippin bud lol.
20160823_180930.jpg

this here is #6 she is a beautiful plant, very sativa, but short, around 24" and all freakin popcorn...bloody hell...this is i think the biggest nug on her, if it's 2" i'd be surprised. but she came leaps n bounds in the last week. most pistils have turned.
20160823_183337.jpg

and this nug is i think the biggest on the original #1 seed. still not ready, again, beautiful plant, very sativa, and more bloody popcorn.
20160823_183249.jpg

here's the "mums project" seeds in towel....
20160823_213758.jpg

a rearranged 4x8....
20160823_212914.jpg

the lsd 25 and crit kush dwc in 5x5
20160823_212955.jpg

and that's my day in the plots.
have fun eh

I was wonder how many hours you will spend in your tent everyday?:volcano-smiley:
okie dokie alls well today. the new exhaust setup is working as i had hoped, drawing the heat from the hid in 5x5 over to the 4x8 with the led. 86.5 on opening today. good for me.

twas feeding day today....
5,6 flushed
7,8,9wk7blm
22-27wk1blm
3wk8blm
10,11,17-21wk2blm

the seeds for the "mums project" and one amphetamine auto went into towel this morning.

crit kush dwc got moved to 5x5

took some nug pics of a few girls, just posting a couple of interest, friggin tuff to choose lol.

on with the show...
this one is on #5 which had the silver branches removed, she was flushed last week, shoulda been ready, but has decided to toss out a couple new pistils on every flippin bud lol.
20160823_180930.jpg

this here is #6 she is a beautiful plant, very sativa, but short, around 24" and all freakin popcorn...bloody hell...this is i think the biggest nug on her, if it's 2" i'd be surprised. but she came leaps n bounds in the last week. most pistils have turned.
20160823_183337.jpg

and this nug is i think the biggest on the original #1 seed. still not ready, again, beautiful plant, very sativa, and more bloody popcorn.
20160823_183249.jpg

here's the "mums project" seeds in towel....
20160823_213758.jpg

a rearranged 4x8....
20160823_212914.jpg

the lsd 25 and crit kush dwc in 5x5
20160823_212955.jpg

and that's my day in the plots.
have fun eh

lmao sara and birdie... i do spend quite a few hours in there, annnd my bed is just around the corner literally.

have fun eh

The tent plants look great except a few leafs tips are turning yellow. Im not worried. I think when I up potted I waterd too much. That was last Sat. and they still dont need water.
My big question is this..... When you spray your plants for bugs do you take them out the tent and spray? i dont want to get crap all over the tent and lights so id say yes? If i take them outside to spray I dont want to contaminate them. If I spray them in the spare bath I will get crap all over. I think take them outside is best?? I plan on Aza Max spray soon.

if i were to spray for bugs, which i've never had to do,(knock on wood) i would take them to the bath. easier to control what lives inside the house rather than outside.

yellow leaf tips, possible nute burn?

if i were to spray for bugs, which i've never had to do,(knock on wood) i would take them to the bath. easier to control what lives inside the house rather than outside.

yellow leaf tips, possible nute burn?

Your Golden my brother! YES possible nute burn because of the FF Ocean forest soil. I hope thats it! Dident think of that because of the possible over watering. Awesome! Oh, Im going to start PHing the water. got a new pen. Might help.
What F*****G Fun!! Watch me in two years!!! God Bless you Unforgiven!

Your Golden my brother! YES possible nute burn because of the FF Ocean forest soil. I hope thats it! Dident think of that because of the possible over watering. Awesome! Oh, Im going to start PHing the water. got a new pen. Might help.
What F*****G Fun!! Watch me in two years!!! God Bless you Unforgiven!

:goodjob:
Hi 4Dutchess, three of my seven plants showed some yellowing nute burn when I up-potted with rich foxfarm soil. Clean PH water and a dry day should get you past it (worked for me).

My rookie watering pattern, feed-nada-water-nada then nada or repeat, seems to work for me so far. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom